Thread: Spondylolysis

KeyMastur is offline VET

Spondylolysis

Anyone else have this ?? What is Spondylolysis ??

I recently hurt my back about a week ago and was unable to walk standing straight up for a few days. Went to the doctor and got some x-rays and found out I have spondylolysis. I'm still unsure as to whether I was born with it or got it growing up. I've had what I thought was a pinched nerve once in high school ('96) and again 2 years ago ('01). Going to call the hospital where I had x-rays taken in '01 and get them to send my doctor a copy. Right now I'm on celebrex to help with inflammation and doing core strengthening exercises.

Here's a picture of what a normal person's lower lumbar looks like and one that's got spondylolysis :
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Spondylolysis-spondy.jpg  

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Just a question was your body leaning to one side and did one of you hips look higher than the other?

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by wrstlr69sdnl
    Just a question was your body leaning to one side and did one of you hips look higher than the other?
    When ?? When it happened - no. Possibly. I dunno. I really don't know when it happened / how it occurred just yet.

Is it currently - no.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    THANKS KEY! Ill have to check this out. A few years ago I was playing vball and felt a pop in my back. stayed in bed 2 days and couldnt walk upright for a week. went to the doctor, said i tore a lumbar muscle (never did xrays). short of it is, I never was the same. still gives me trouble like on squats (which took over a year before I could do again). i always found it ironic that i trained for 2+ years with stuff like power cleans and never had a problem, yet hurt myself with vball. as Ill be leaving for a new job in 2 mos and it has benefits, ill have to get checked out.

Thread Information