Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By lovbyts

Thread: Any body Been to Puerto Vallarta Mexico?

dk94 is offline Associate Member

Any body Been to Puerto Vallarta Mexico?

Ive going to puerto vallarta with my wife in october, my first time on the pacific coast of mexico. Any recommendations? Things to do, places to see? Bars, clubs, shops? As tempting as it is i wont be bringing any gear back

bigZthedestroyer is offline Anabolic Member~Recognized Member Winner - $100
    I went several years back..I stayed at an all inclusive resort. It was a damn good time. The only advice I can give is 1) DO NOT touch the sea turtles on the beach. 2) The hotel fountains are not for skinny dipping. Remember those and you'll be fine lol. Enjoy, its a blast.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    ^^^
    I want to hear more about your sea turtles story.

I've been down there (not Puerto Vallarta) but we got to release baby sea turtles at dawn, it was really cool.

Haha yeah what happened whwn you touched the turtles.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Ive been there a couple of times but everything I have heard it's gotten a lot more sketchy over the last few years. I would stay in the tourist areas for sure and stick to the resort at night, not even taking walks on the beach at night. You dont want to know some of the stories I have heard, not pretty.

If you go with an all inclusive resort than plan on staying there as much as possible to take advantage of it and what it has to offer. If you plan on doing several excursions then dont do an all inclusive resort. Make sure to do your due diligence on reviews with sites like tripadvisor and sort by latest.

I like Cabo, Cozumel, Cancun and Play Del Carmen better.
    Last edited by lovbyts; 06-02-2014 at 02:11 AM.
    Rwy likes this.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Since your taking your wife puerto is good, single cabo, the resorts are safe, they usually pay the cartels for protection

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Plus the cartels make plenty sailing the guest party supplies, they do not usually mess with Americans, thats how they keep the money comming

Bigshotvictoria is offline Senior Member
    Just went. Rhythms of the Night is fantastic, check it out!

DeniZen is offline Associate Member
    I've been many times. The old town is really fun with great restaurants, bars and shopping for the wife. But the beaches right in town are definitely not the best. Best beaches are to the south. Some are isolated and there are boats to take you there....awesome!
    To the north is Nueva Vallarta, which has long sandy beaches, but it doesnt have the feel of the old town and beaches to the soutrh. It's all newer and kinda touristy.
    Last trip was to Four Seasons Punta Mita.....wow! But isolated. Long drive to town. I wouldnt worry one second about safety. 99% of the violence is the US border towns.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yep I was there 5 years ago it was awesome!!! I got drunk on the plane and ended up with my arm in a sling and popping pain killers for five days while there and never left the resort. Oh yea this happened 2 hours after the plane landed.

Quote Originally Posted by dk94
    Haha yeah what happened whwn you touched the turtles.
    The resort I stayed at had two locations. They were probably 200 yards apart (easy stroll down the beach). One night my friends and I were coming back from a club on the other location. As we got closer to our resort I saw a huge sea turtle up on the beach! Of course the first thing that popped into my head was I have to take this to show everybody at the hotel! I was trying to pick it up and a beach patrol guard happened to be walking by. Instead of stopping when he told me to, I tried again. He came at me and I took off running. I ran into the hotel and hit every staircase I could find until I found a maid service room door that was unlocked. I ran in there and found a staircase that went to the roof and stayed the rest of the night up there! I didn't know it at the time but the sea turtles are endangered and they are quite serious about them!

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ive been there a couple of times but everything I have heard it's gotten a lot more sketchy over the last few years. I would stay in the tourist areas for sure and stick to the resort at night, not even taking walks on the beach at night. You dont want to know some of the stories I have heard, not pretty.

If you go with an all inclusive resort than plan on staying there as much as possible to take advantage of it and what it has to offer. If you plan on doing several excursions then dont do an all inclusive resort. Make sure to do your due diligence on reviews with sites like tripadvisor and sort by latest.

I like Cabo, Cozumel, Cancun and Play Del Carmen better.

Playa Del Carmen was a great little secret for awhile. It started to become very Americanized.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271 View Post
    Plus the cartels make plenty sailing the guest party supplies, they do not usually mess with Americans, thats how they keep the money comming
    I met a guy from Houston who fled Texas for felonies to Playa Del Carmen and was apart of the Cartel(crazy ****ing experience hanging out at the club with these guys a couple of nights) but they have a completely different mind set then guys in Tijuana. They are def all about making sure the tourist are having fun and not ****ing with them. They were telling us how local police have no jursdiction in certain clubs in playa and they pretty much get to do what they want in there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigZthedestroyer View Post

The resort I stayed at had two locations. They were probably 200 yards apart (easy stroll down the beach). One night my friends and I were coming back from a club on the other location. As we got closer to our resort I saw a huge sea turtle up on the beach! Of course the first thing that popped into my head was I have to take this to show everybody at the hotel! I was trying to pick it up and a beach patrol guard happened to be walking by. Instead of stopping when he told me to, I tried again. He came at me and I took off running. I ran into the hotel and hit every staircase I could find until I found a maid service room door that was unlocked. I ran in there and found a staircase that went to the roof and stayed the rest of the night up there! I didn't know it at the time but the sea turtles are endangered and they are quite serious about them!
    They are serious because they want to fine you as much as possible more than they are interested in protecting the sea turtles.

all good advice. When i was in playa i was solicited for coke non stop in the clubs. I always wondered why the police dont bust them. If i was a mexican police officer i would take the silver over lead

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    They are serious because they want to fine you as much as possible more than they are interested in protecting the sea turtles.
    You are right on the money there.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Don't eat any clams or shrimp. Bad bad bad case of salmonella!!!

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Don't eat any clams or shrimp. Bad bad bad case of salmonella!!!
    I got montuzemas revenge he last time I was there. Will never go back to Mexico because of it. Mexico was supposed to be the go to trip when you didnt want to spend a lot of money. The dollar kicked the pesos ass. Flights were 150 bucks and hotels were dirt cheap. Now you are paying just as much as caribbean so why not go to carribean

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    I got montuzemas revenge he last time I was there. Will never go back to Mexico because of it. Mexico was supposed to be the go to trip when you didnt want to spend a lot of money. The dollar kicked the pesos ass. Flights were 150 bucks and hotels were dirt cheap. Now you are paying just as much as caribbean so why not go to carribean
    Ive been there, done that also. I agree when Mexico was cheap it was OK but now Ill choose Thailand/Philippines anytime over Mexico or Caribbean.

Rwy
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Ive been there, done that also. I agree when Mexico was cheap it was OK but now Ill choose Thailand/Philippines anytime over Mexico or Caribbean.
    My fiancee and I have Aruba in December, London in January when the Knicks play there, and then two weeks in Italy over the summer. Thailland is next on our list.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    My fiancee and I have Aruba in December, London in January when the Knicks play there, and then two weeks in Italy over the summer. Thailland is next on our list.
    Fiance + Thailand dont work well together. Stick with Caribbean. Its another example of bringing sand to the beach and in most cases it's more like taking coal to the snow in the mountains.

Rwy
    lolz

Thread Information