Mike Dura is offline Senior Member

The challenge of being 45 y.o. training with lumbar Rhematiod Artritis.

Challenging to say the least. Leg days wipe me out. Total exhaustion. I'm also doing 1.5 to 2 Hours cardio. Probably overtraining. I'm on a normal dose of test. My recovery was off the hook on 1 gm of Test E.

I need to talk to a Rhematologist and see the best way to work with this. I need to be more informed about it so, that's my next step.

Anyone else on board with lumber arthritus?

jay94 is offline Associate Member
    I don't share your situation, but props to you man! Much respect! When I feel like being lazy, I think about people like you and remember that I should be grateful for simply being healthy, and then I get my lazy ass off the couch and hit the gym hard!!

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Have you tested positive for Rheumatoid Arthritis? I thought I had it for sure several years ago. My body ached SO bad 24/7 especially after trying to sleep. I discovered most of the pain was due to a memory foam mattress I had and when going back to a firm mattress it helped a lot but never went away.

I had a lot of blood work done and all was negative. Recently I figured out (not the doctors) I had fibromyalgia and after trying a couple of different meds Gabapentin seems to work pretty good. Pain is not gone 100% but it's a lot better.

Something to think about.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!

Mike Dura is offline Senior Member
    It's confirmed lumbar RA.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Dura View Post
    Challenging to say the least. Leg days wipe me out. Total exhaustion. I'm also doing 1.5 to 2 Hours cardio. Probably overtraining. I'm on a normal dose of test. My recovery was off the hook on 1 gm of Test E.

I need to talk to a Rhematologist and see the best way to work with this. I need to be more informed about it so, that's my next step.

Anyone else on board with lumber arthritus?
    I have the other kind of arthritis in my back. calcium deposits (aka "spurs") on the tips of the vertebrae, which irritates the tissues, and causes inflammation.

I take 6 to 8 alleve a day. I know, too much. But unless I'm writhing in pain, Kaiser won't go in there and clean things up.

What I don't do is avoid exercising the small of my lower back. I do face down reverse situps. And yes, it hurts. But I do em anyways. in the long run, it makes me feel better. I know, because I used to avoid back exercises, and it used to hurt worse.

Thread Information