redrock is offline Member

Arrow Metallica - St. Anger

The cd came out on thursday. It was only $9.99 and came with a dvd too. Maybe Lars isn't all that bad of a guy...well he's still a bitch, but i'm glad they lowered the price of the cd. What is everyones take? Good, bad, sucks, rocks?

I personally think it's good. It's a different sound. But it's raw and has an edge. Hetfield is still a great frontman but you can tell rehab has taken a toll on his voice. REDROCK

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i'd agree with that....100%! it's still good but i'm forever gonna miss old hetfield! guess that's what old cd's are for

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm a huge Jason Newstad fan (saw Voivod open for Ozzy...back to back Newstad)....but Rob Trujillo f'ing rocks too!! Suicidal 4 life!!

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    I will always hate Larz for being a ass and a control freak. I think he's the reason Jason left. I like the new album its more hard edge but its not the same with out Jason. Cliff was a god and he's footsteps were hard to follow in I'm sure. IMO Jason was the next best thing. Anything other than him is a step down.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Personally, I am a Megadeth fan. Once Metallica booted Mustaine the band went downhill

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    I like the new cd but every damn song sounds the same.

RON
    Originally posted by HeartDocMD
    Personally, I am a Megadeth fan. Once Metallica booted Mustaine the band went downhill
    Countdown is one of my all time fav CD's. top 10 at least

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by tt333
    I like the new cd but every damn song sounds the same.
    TOTALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I saw the ST. Anger video this morning while I was doing my cardio...the video was cool with them doing a concert at San Quentin..but the song SUCKED imo.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    Love Mustaine! he's bad assed! but sorry HeartDoc, metallic didn't start to suck for several albums...after the black albume (which was good but not great!) they turned into the BackStreet Boys of Metal! And Lar is and always will be a 1st Class TOOL! Now where's my MP3's because I won't buy another F'n Metallica Album! UP YOURS LARS!
    Anyways, Newstead was real good like him alot! But he was fighting with James because he though Newsteads band *I forget there name something head I think* was going to discrace the "Almighty" Metallica! Yeah, right! They'r POP! St. Anger has a decent riff, but the lyrics are crap...Typical!

SID!
    Give me a true band with an Edge! Not this too pretty crap! They're wearing F'n Gucci! I can go into this forever I feel screwed over by them...they started a game that they can't finish!

mammoth is offline Member
    Metallica finally has accomplished there quest in getting people to stop downloading there music. All you have to do is release a piece of garbage album and no-one would WANT to download it.

I guess that is why you can buy the album along with a DVD for only $9.99. Nothing surprises me about them though. they haven't release a decent album since 'And Justice for All'!!

I saw the St. Anger special on MTV and James voice is pussified compared to what it used to be and there new bassist can't compare to Jason! I think it's time they retire before they embarass themselves.

RON
    Sid, Ya I saw about the fight with James but Jasons been pushing for a harder style since they went soft. Larz IMO is the biggest opponent to that cause he wants to make more freakin money with the pussy ass style he developed. Besides the slower stuff is more attuned to his lack of abilities. I guess James turning into a freakin cowboy doesn't help. I've been a fan since the 80's and I feel just as let down by this crap as you. They turned into exactly what they were against. But there still the king.

IMO St. Anger is far from the best song on the album. The other songs get better. I think they tried to go hardcore again. Notice I said tried. James just doesn't have the edge in his voice now that its been trained to sing and not scream

Strut99GT is offline Member
    St. Anger is the worst song on the album in my opinion.
    Even though it's not old Metallica, it's a solid effort, and they did try to go more "raw," and for that I give them props.

redrock is offline Member
    Originally posted by RON
    I guess James turning into a freakin cowboy doesn't help.
    What's wrong with that?

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    1st Red Rock - I too fell into a burning ring of fire, I went down down down with the flames getting hire.... I like Soc D's version also, because that's where I heard it first! ex...See my Avatar!
    2nd Ron - I know how you feel bro...1st time I heard Metallica...it was Anesthesia and I was blown away! And I got the LP (remember them) and I sat with my headphones on on my Searssucker Turntable I got for christmas for like 2 weeks straight! And when I came too I said there is nobody since Zepplin or the Pistols/NY Dolls, ramones etc. has a genre of music been created! or INNOVATED as when they 1st came out! I thought for sure they would hold true to form, I mean shit they came from the Punk Way of Life! Right HARDCORE! ..... Lets turn to the Black album...Good album, but and I mean BUT...it was "CAtchy" Lars found fame and realized the less angry the more we're played and the more the minions buy! I feel betrayed by the guys that got me sooo jacked up and you know what, Dave Mustaine is more true to the music than his ex bandmates and we should be glad that they didn't get along!
    There Ego's have grown bigger than the music...they think as long as we have our name on a CD it'll be bought! F that! I'll download it you Sell Outs! BITE ME!
    SID!

Thread Information