Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: World Cup

David LoPan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries

World Cup

Anyone watching this? I could care less. If I wanted to see some guy run around for 90 minutes and not score I would go to the bar with Redz

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    I don't mind the sport itself but it is so corrupt, the players have the least integrity of any pro athletes, and the diving mentality is creeping into North American sports...

noon is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    I don't mind the sport itself but it is so corrupt, the players have the least integrity of any pro athletes, and the diving mentality is creeping into North American sports...
    I am intrigued how do you mean . I don't watch any sports so I'm just curious.

Rusty11 is offline Senior Member
    I'm watching and enjoying. Sorta like NHL; sometimes there's very little scoring.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    Anyone watching this? I could care less. If I wanted to see some guy run around for 90 minutes and not score I would go to the bar with Redz
    Do you mean you couldn't care less?

The world cup is sick. I'm Surprised spain chocked. My pick is germany will win
    Rwy likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Don't like soccer at all so i don't pay the world cup any mind
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    What is this "World Cup" you speak of?
    Is it some kind of new shaker cup?

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    I've watched flopper (I mean soccer) in the past. Not really interested anymore. Anytime there is a challenge for the ball someone ends up flopping on the ground and acting like they are in terrible pain. Then there is no call and they are up running again. Very annoying. Everyone drinks at soccer games. Maybe alcohol will make it more interesting. Usually does.

irlkev is offline Junior Member
    Football, or as Americans call it, "soccer", is far and away the most popular game in the world. At a guess I'd say about 90% of people in the developed world are aware the world cup is on at the minute. Where as take say the "world series" in baseball, and I use the term world lightly there, would pass by the same 90% without them even noticing. Possibly the super bowl might come onto the radar of a few extra %. Surely that many people can't be wrong.

gym_junki is offline Member
    How can someone not like soccer?? The world cup is the best. Don't know what you mean by being corrupt! Soccer players have a lot to risk so there are low chances or corruption. I think it's a great sport and will always be the top international sport. Germany and Argentina will make it to the final.

The corruption is at the very top of the organisation. With so much money involved, rich people just seem to get more greedy. The big story at the minute is the fact that some of the people involved in voting on where the world is to be held where bribed by certain football associations to the tune of millions of dollars. For instance, the 2022 world cup will be played in Qartar, basically in the desert, in the middle of summer, in temperatures reaching 45c.

gym_junki is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irlkev View Post
    The corruption is at the very top of the organisation. With so much money involved, rich people just seem to get more greedy. The big story at the minute is the fact that some of the people involved in voting on where the world is to be held where bribed by certain football associations to the tune of millions of dollars. For instance, the 2022 world cup will be played in Qartar, basically in the desert, in the middle of summer, in temperatures reaching 45c.
    Hahaha Yeh I read that a while ago. And the people that got paid resigned. What a shame I was so disappointed in the fifa fed

Quote Originally Posted by gym_junki
    How can someone not like soccer?? The world cup is the best. Don't know what you mean by being corrupt! Soccer players have a lot to risk so there are low chances or corruption. I think it's a great sport and will always be the top international sport. Germany and Argentina will make it to the final.
    It's very easy actually lol..... Hated playing it too and I actually like watching golf more.
    RaginCajun likes this.

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

FiLL is offline New Member
    I don't normally follow Soccer/Football but I enjoy the World Cup... don't like betting on it though lol, so unpredictable this time around.

Enjoying it so far. It's being held in one of the great football nations so the atmosphere at games has been fantastic. Chile have been the surprise package so far with Spain being the biggest shock. Will really start to heat up now as we enter the knock out stages. Hard to pick a winner at this stage as no stand out team just yet.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    The US probably flops the least IMO. I have watched a few games and both US games. Heart breaking tie on Sunday. The US was the better team but to many mistakes.

I played when I was a kid. 3rd generation Italian so my grandparents wanted us to play. Some countries make it really awful to watch play. They look like such a bunch of pussies. Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world. I have no doubt if our best athletes played soccer we would absolutely destroy every other country

Rwy
    Enjoying it so far. It's being held in one of the great football nations so the atmosphere at games has been fantastic. Chile have been the surprise package so far with Spain being the biggest shock. Will really start to heat up now as we enter the knock out stages. Hard to pick a winner at this stage as no stand out team just yet.
    I thought Germany was going to be the stand out but who knows. Will be an interesting game against US this week.
    zaggahamma likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rwy View Post
    The US probably flops the least IMO. I have watched a few games and both US games. Heart breaking tie on Sunday. The US was the better team but to many mistakes.

I played when I was a kid. 3rd generation Italian so my grandparents wanted us to play. Some countries make it really awful to watch play. They look like such a bunch of pussies. Soccer is by far the biggest sport in the world. I have no doubt if our best athletes played soccer we would absolutely destroy every other country
    Love to know what you base that on.

Black is offline Anabolic Member
    Football, or as Americans call it, "soccer", is far and away the most popular game in the world. At a guess I'd say about 90% of people in the developed world are aware the world cup is on at the minute. Where as take say the "world series" in baseball, and I use the term world lightly there, would pass by the same 90% without them even noticing. Possibly the super bowl might come onto the radar of a few extra %. Surely that many people can't be wrong.
    I think its funny that "soccer" fans are always defending the sport. Who cares if someone doesn't like it. I like American Football, but I'm not going to rant if someone doesn't care for it.

Rwy
    Which statement?

Blog Entries
    This is why I dont care for soccer that much.

Blog Entries
    Verses this

Blog Entries
    Or even these girls playing rugby

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    recently started watching and got hooked

and saw how well the usa played against portugal

very agressive up until the last few seconds they were tentative and it cost them a tie

but out of about 6 games ive watched i think they look real good

agree and was surprised at how they constantly fall to the ground with very little contact and the lack of official consistency with offsides calling....just dont how that this can be misinterpreted or missed...God knows i love referees geez

gonna make a pizza for thursdays noon game against germany lol

Quote Originally Posted by irlkev

I think what he meant was that soccer is a major sport in most countries. The best athletes in the country WANT to play soccer. In America soccer isn't as big as baseball or football. There isn't nearly as much funding for the sport as others here. When there is a lack of viewers and fan participation it will lower the income of players. Even as kids - soccer isn't pushed as much as football or baseball. It's jut not as popular here..... Not as many kids get into it at an early age like they do in other countries.

This means that less talent goes to soccer than other sports in the US. Sure you need to be good to make the USA team but the ones that make it are a very small fraction of the talented people in sports. The majority of our countries athletes play other sports.

- Knockout_Power

Quote Originally Posted by Black

I think its funny that "soccer" fans are always defending the sport. Who cares if someone doesn't like it. I like American Football, but I'm not going to rant if someone doesn't care for it.
    I'm not the only one who noticed this I see.....

- Knockout_Power

zaggahamma is offline Mr. Moderation
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
    I think what he meant was that soccer is a major sport in most countries. The best athletes in the country WANT to play soccer. In America soccer isn't as big as baseball or football. There isn't nearly as much funding for the sport as others here. When there is a lack of viewers and fan participation it will lower the income of players. Even as kids - soccer isn't pushed as much as football or baseball. It's jut not as popular here..... Not as many kids get into it at an early age like they do in other countries.

This means that less talent goes to soccer than other sports in the US. Sure you need to be good to make the USA team but the ones that make it are a very small fraction of the talented people in sports. The majority of our countries athletes play other sports.
    and on that note thank goodness the usa has some foreign born talent

If USA soccer players made $80mil, like the guy from Portugal, we'd have more intetest in this country.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTahl View Post
    Verses this
    Blokes wearing helmets and padding? And stop play just to swap teams? You would get called a shirt lifter for playing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazard View Post

Certainly some valid points there, but the assumption that if it was more of a mainstream sport in the states you would be world beaters at it, doesn't ring through. Look at this world cup even. Uruguay, with a population of 3 million have made it to the last 16 while teams like Spain, who were world and European champions are on their way home. England, who invented the game, and is played by nearly every child in the country, can't get past t first stage. And they have the most successful and profitable league in the world, where numerous players are on nearly 500k dollars a week. America one day may become one of the top footballing nations, but it's a couple of generations away at the earliest.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Here is my take on soccer. The sport fvcking sucks. It's boring and not fun to play or watch.

However, those soccer hooligans are interesting. If they just got rid of the game and just liquored the fans up until they fought each other, America would have a new past time.

And I agree, the feigning injury and play acting to get your opponents sent off is endemic at the highest level of the game. It drives the ordinary fan crazy.

[QUOTE=Honkey_Kong;6889768]Here is my take on soccer. The sport fvcking sucks. It's boring and not fun to play or watch.

However, those soccer hooligans are interesting. If they just got rid of the game and just liquored the fans up until they fought each other, America would have a new past time.)

I was in a bar once, before an away game with about 30 fellow fans. The bar got attacked by about 200 of the local fans. Interesting isn't really a word I'd use to describe it.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    [QUOTE=irlkev;6889770]
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Here is my take on soccer. The sport fvcking sucks. It's boring and not fun to play or watch.

However, those soccer hooligans are interesting. If they just got rid of the game and just liquored the fans up until they fought each other, America would have a new past time.)

I was in a bar once, before an away game with about 30 fellow fans. The bar got attacked by about 200 of the local fans. Interesting isn't really a word I'd use to describe it.
    I like baseball a lot, but I'm not going to round up 200 friends to go beat up some filthy Yankees fans when they're playing the RedSox.

What's wrong with you people. Next, you'll be telling me that Cricket sux.

And as much as I'd like to round up 200 Yankee fans all for honkey kong...... I wouldn't. He has the same stance on soccer and I need someone to pester the shit outa me when the Yankees lose. It makes watching and following sports more interesting

- Knockout_Power

Seriously tho.... Some of those videos with crazy soccer fans are disgusting. Sure I get made when y team loses, or when a ref/umpire makes a bad call..... But I'm not goin to light the stadium on fire.

- Knockout_Power

[QUOTE=Honkey_Kong;6889779]

I like baseball a lot, but I'm not going to round up 200 friends to go beat up some filthy Yankees fans when they're playing the RedSox.
    Not a fan of baseball, don't even know the rules, but would love to watch a red sox game in Fenway park some day. One of the great sporting amphitheatres of the world.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information