Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Hoggage_54

Thread: I Had an EKG Today. Can Someone Give Me Some Advice?

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!

I Had an EKG Today. Can Someone Give Me Some Advice?

Okay so today when I went in to get my blood pressure pills refilled, I also mentioned that I've been having a little shortness of breath lately. He ordered an EKG and the results came back with a flat or low negative T in V5 and V6. Now the doctor said it wasn't like I was having a heart attack or anything, but I needed to get it followed up on.

Anyways can somebody tell me what this all means? I posted both tests they ran. Should I be worried? Or is the doctor just being overly cautious?

Attachment 151559Attachment 151560

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If it was anything to be worried about you would be sitting in ER sending this message. Trust me, they are defiantly overly cautious but that's OK. No one has a perfectly smooth/normal EKG and they like to take advantage of it $$$$

But now it's time for you to take advantage of it also. Time to get a full work up done. Get the Ultrasound and treadmill stress test done so you will know if there is any kind of blockage or weak valves anywhere in your pulmonary system. Those are the things that sneak up on people and bite them in the ass and you have a heart attach for no apparent reason.

I would not worry about it but make sure you get all the test done you can.
    almostgone and Honkey_Kong like this.

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    It looks close to being LVH left ventricular hypertrophy, nothing else really stands out. Keep your BP in check.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Don't look at this picture:

almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post
    Don't look at this picture:

holy shit, you're going to kill me with that!

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    If it was anything to be worried about you would be sitting in ER sending this message. Trust me, they are defiantly overly cautious but that's OK. No one has a perfectly smooth/normal EKG and they like to take advantage of it $$$$

But now it's time for you to take advantage of it also. Time to get a full work up done. Get the Ultrasound and treadmill stress test done so you will know if there is any kind of blockage or weak valves anywhere in your pulmonary system. Those are the things that sneak up on people and bite them in the ass and you have a heart attach for no apparent reason.

I would not worry about it but make sure you get all the test done you can.
    They want to follow this up with bloodwork and more tests. I'm kind of afraid because I haven't mentioned to my physician about my use of certain anabolics (beyond a TRT use).

Quote Originally Posted by BIGB View Post
    It looks close to being LVH left ventricular hypertrophy, nothing else really stands out. Keep your BP in check.
    How close does it look like that?

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post

They want to follow this up with bloodwork and more tests. I'm kind of afraid because I haven't mentioned to my physician about my use of certain anabolics (beyond a TRT use).

How close does it look like that?
    No worries about the aas use. It does not matter at this point and wont effect the outcome of the test. Get the treadmill & ultrasound test done. Ask for it if he does jot suggest it. Nothing to worry about.

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    From a local medical source close to me its no big deal, the doc justs wants follow up to check regularity of your heat beat which is probably more related to your blood pressure if it was serious he would of sent you to emergency

BIGB is offline Associate Member
    It is hard to look at closely due to it is on the computer and small. I would say you are fine I just would be very diligent about your bp keeping it low / you may want to think about curbing any med use other than prescribed.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    It just means that you should keep your BP nice and low (as should anyone). Avoid stimulants and moderate your steroid use .

Thread Information