tt333 is offline Senior Member

Who all likes Country Music?

This shit might come shocking because im usally always talking about some kind of hard metal. Anyways, im more into the old school country instead of all this new shit. I'd have to say Hank Jr, Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings and David Allen Coe are my favorites. I know theres alot of Texas bros on here so im figuring some of yall like country. Anyways, whos your favorites?

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i've got a cd of david allen coe i play at parties...usually gets beer flowin and the good times started

i'm a born and bread farm chick, raised on country music....not that i'll admit it to anybody

redrock is offline Member
    <--------- Take a look at the avatar! Old country kicks ass! Hank Sr. and Jr. Big John Cash, Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Dwight Yoakam, Flatt and Scruggs, Johnny Paycheck and Charlie Daniels Band. REDROCK

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i like old school country that my dad used to play when i was younger..not into the new stuff thats out

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I got dragged into a Country bar in Baltimore once. It was like being stuck in a bad Richard Simmons video. It was like everyone had rehearsed the nights dance floor moves the day before or something...

Me and Country Music, and the country scene all together is like mixing Winny and Deca in the same pin...

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I like most of the country that's playing right now...kenny chesney, kevin denny, craig morgan....all of em

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    I go for the older CW stuff, especially CW swing like Bob Wills.

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Roger Creager, Pat Green, Cory Morrow, CCR, george strait, travis tritt, toby keith,tim mcgraw.... are all good to me

But i am definately an all out Metal fan =)

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    The new country today is good: Dix chix, faith hill, tim mcgraw, etc. Its not like it was ten years ago. Its a nice break from the top 20 pop, top 20 alternative mainstream, top 20 R&B that I hear. KROQ, Star and Power to those So Cal guys. BTW. Those country bars you talk about: have got some of the hottest chicks wearing some of the tightest jeans and shirts. Its not really red neck anymore. Its more of the wanna-be cowboy crap going on. Weekend warrior cowboys whom have never actually ridden a horse. Anyway,

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    for me I like travis tritt, brooks and dunn, kenny chesney, brad paisley, George Strait, Lonestar is ok Mark Wills all that good stuff

JDawg1536 is offline "Rock" of Love ;)
    I love Johnny Cash, CW, Coe, Charlie Daniels Band. Big Bad John is my favorite old country song.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    George Strait, John Conelly, Toby Keith, Clint Black, Randy Travis, Kenny Chesney, Keith Whitley, Willie Nelson, Waylon Jennings,,,, That's just off the top of my head, in no particular order...

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    The new country is cool just like fkitletsgo said but hard rock alternative still ranks #1

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I'd rather get a barbed wire catheder than listen to country music!!

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I never thought I would listen to country Money Boss but It grew on me and no thats all I listen to just some of the words to the songs is just real better than these rappers talking about how much money they got and how gangster they are fo shizl my tizzl or what ever

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I hear you about rap bro. For me...it's nothing but Metallica, Six Feet Under, Murderdolls, Slypknot, Strapping Young Lad, etc. for this metal head.

If you guys have never heard of SYL...download some of their stuff. Their drummer (Gene Hogland) is the best in the biz.

BigBuddha is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by Warrior
    I got dragged into a Country bar in Baltimore once. It was like being stuck in a bad Richard Simmons video. It was like everyone had rehearsed the nights dance floor moves the day before or something...

Me and Country Music, and the country scene all together is like mixing Winny and Deca in the same pin...

Try working in one....I bartend in a big country type bar, full of rhinestone cowboys who still two-step when the mix in the occasional eminem to keep the younger crowd...it hurts me big time....what some people do for money

redrock is offline Member
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    I hear you about rap bro. For me...it's nothing but Metallica, Six Feet Under, Murderdolls, Slypknot, Strapping Young Lad, etc. for this metal head.

If you guys have never heard of SYL...download some of their stuff. Their drummer (Gene Hogland) is the best in the biz.
    I saw Six Feet Under open for Danzig. Six Feet is really good. Singer is out of control. Reminds me of Rob Zombie. I am a true metalhead, but I do love country. REDROCK

Thread Information