Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Time to face your own mortality: what is your honest-to-goodness biggest fear??

It can be anything: an actual "thing" you're afraid of, a scenario, a situation, ANYTHING. But, when it comes down to what you're TRULY and deeply afraid of, what is it? Mine is unquestionably the notion that I'm going to die and that all the people in my life are going to have very unrealistic conceptions of what they meant to me and how they affected me. For example, if I were to kick right this instance, I suspect there's a great deal of people in my life who presume that they are very significant to me and mean a great deal to me while that is not the case. Conversely, there are likely a few that, while they shape almost every aspect of that which is truly important to me and nearly everything in my life that matters finds it roots in them, likely imagine that they are nothing more than individuals with whom I converse casually and/or blithely. For whatever damn reason, it scares the hell out of me that people might carry on the rest of their lives with these misinformed perceptions (on either end of the spectrum)....that happening makes me feel as if my entire life would have "missed the point" or something like that.

Getting eaten by a shark, is, however, a close second to that existential "hiccup".

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    mine is one of two things. \either to lose my faculties to the point of extreme alzheimers or veggie-dom, or to have nothing but my faculties and no way to communicate or the like

scary stuff. of course being bobbitted is 1b

hawktribal is offline Senior Member
    i'm scared shitless of getting old. you'll goto funerals/hospitals and all you see is old people sick/dying. scary shit to me

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Waking up to find that that someone has broken into my home, and is standing over me with a knife. I wake up to the realization that the knife is already coming down and there's nothing I can do about it, so in essence I'm already dead.

chevy44 is offline Member
    im 100% w/ hawk. i for some reason am so scared of getting old and becoming "that guy who wears a diaper" i have nothing against old people, but i just dont want to be dependent of anyone later on in life! that and/or loosing a family member. i would absolutelydie if some thing were to happen to my brother, he has been my father figure since i was 3 and w/ out him life would not be worth living for!

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Death in any manner doesn't bother me, although I'm not in any way shape or form looking forward to it arriving early. But my biggest fear is acctually two things. First and foremost would be either of my two kids dieing. I'm sure anyone who has children would agree with that one. I'm positive I would fall completly apart. The second would be to see my death coming (like a plane I'm on is going to chrash) and to lose any or all form of dignity by screaming and running around crying. I really do pray if something like that was to happen I could keep my calm and accept it like a true man without all the "why me and I don't want to die".

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    right now it would be being seriously hurt and having to be in a wheelchair the rest of my life. this is shallow but it is the truth but the thing that ties that would be losing my dad. he means alot to me and i would not be able to function without him. I mean for Gods sake i cried for a month when my dog had to be put out of her misery.

FCECC2 is offline Anabolic Member
    my worst fear is the lost of all my knowledge,my way of thinking,my memories,my conscience, to resume shortly: ME. it can sounds selfish but how it is to not be able to realise that you dont exist? anyway, i dont know how to express it but the fact that your death means the end of all your world freaks me out...

btw i dont believe in anything after death.No reincarnation thing.

death is death.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    i fear dying slowly in a hospital. i hope that when the time comes i have the strength to leave the hospital with a good book, and head up into the trees, and just die in peace.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Watching someone I love die ie) drowning, burning, etc. and I'm totally helpless.

I don't have any kids but can you imagine the look on your child's face as they're screaming for help...and you helplessy watch them die!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    with regards to death, being stabbed or dying slowly.

with regards to aging, not being able to hold my bladder or bodily functions and needing to wear a diaper.

with regards to myself, having regrets.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    My worst fear is to continue living like I do now. Completely and utterly alone and heavily depressed. Because that would lead to my death.

My second worst fear is to lose all senses and body fuctions. To just lie there and be able to reason but not beeing able to register any kind of sensation(touch, sound, light ect) and not able to take my life either. The scary thing about that is would I be able to understand that I am still alive? or would I assume that I am dead and that death is like that and think that it would go on for ever...without hope for peace.

My 3 worst fear is that science somehow proves once and for all that there is nothing after death. That we just flicker out like a burned out candel without possibility to ever be lit(sp?) again.

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    thats wierd that you would post this because my biggest fear changed last night. I know this is stupid and I should have been smarter, but I haven't seen my xgirl in about a year and we met up last night, only to get into some old habits which includes not using a condom. After the fact she told me she stopped taking the pill a few months ago and hoped I hadn't done what she thought I did. Well, I said "uhhh......................... =)".

I don't want to be a father yet. Im only 22. Please Please Please tell me the sust 500mg a week lowered my sperm count.

Well thats my greatest fear right now. I know some have you might have been in the same boat before and know how it feels.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    a little more shallow fear would be to be trapped in a dark mansion or cave with milions of spiders of different shape and size. Because I am so scared of those fuckers. Going around in the dark and feel those assholes climbing all over and biting fuck that.

chicamahomico is offline Respected Member

Another classic thread from BigGreen

My biggest fear is that on my deatbed when I look back on my life I will have been only 'average' and have done only 'average' things. The last thing I want to do is die having one of those got out of high school, got a job at the factory, married highschool sweetheart, had 2 kids, a dog and a cat, lived in the suburbs in a house with a white picket fence, worked for 40 years at the same job, only went on 'family vacations'( shit like disneyland, cruises etc ), retired at 65 and go fishing and have coffee in the same truckstop every morning.

I would rather have bet the farm and lost it, than the pussy who never bet at all.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    My iggest fear is not dieing, but dieing alone and a failure. I don't want to be by myself when the time comes, I pray I'll be surrounded by loved ones. Also I don't want to go a failure, I want to die knowing I've lived life to the fullest and watched ,my children accomplish their dreams.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by johan
    a little more shallow fear would be to be trapped in a dark mansion or cave with milions of spiders of different shape and size. Because I am so scared of those fuckers. Going around in the dark and feel those assholes climbing all over and biting fuck that.

Oh yah, me too . . . Hate spiders . . . if I know there's a bitty one somewhere in the bedroom, I can't sleep until it's dead.
    Went to check out some rural East Texas acreage to buy once, got out to the place, and for about a mile along the road there was a barbed wire fence, and in between each post were two black and yellow garden spiders, each was about five feet tall, just hanging upside down in their webs. So, ya, there had to be millions of 'em hanging on the damn fence, and there was no telling how many more were crawling in the tall grass. The price was right, but no way am I gonna deal with five foot tall spiders . . .

The other biggie is public speaking. Throat goes dry, mind goes blank, palms turn into fountains of sweat every time. I muddle through it though, somehow . . .

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    all of these wer intense and good
    but
    my new fear is what money boss hustla said--thats fucked

my origional fears--there are 3
    me dieing and not able to raise my son(not around for him)
    son being kidnapped
    being paralized

please Lord let none of these happen

Matt Foley is offline Member
    Another good post BG.my biggest fear is actually not dying but two things.one,the loss of a loved one who you believe cannot do without.And second the fear of speaking in a large group.ive done it many times but what goest through my mind before i do i cannot explain,nerves.the night i have to speak i have a hard time sleeping and i shake and sweat before but when speaking i somehow pull it off.I hate it though OH yea and getting ass fucked is anther
    Last edited by Matt Foley; 06-11-2003 at 08:49 AM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Im' with Tapout on this.

1) being paralized

2) Going to jail and getting it up the ass

please Lord let none of these happen to me either!!!!

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    THAT BELIEVING MY LIFE REALLY HAD A MEANING WAS BULLSHIT AND I REALIZE IT 1 MIN BEFORE I DIE.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    My worst fear is to continue living like I do now. Completely and utterly alone and heavily depressed. Because that would lead to my death.

Johan. You do not need to feel this way. There are some great antidepressant meds out now. Prozac, Zoloft, Paxil are great. In 6 weeks you will be feeling great and the depressing thoughts will be gone. Try to get into a support group. You wiil no longer have to feel isolated. I have been on antidepreesants since 91 and Zoloft since 95 due to anxiety and depression. I remember after a few months of medication thinking,"wow,i did didn't have any thoughts of wanting to die today" as I had daily for the previous 3 years . Now at that time I owned a handgun but I knew I wanted to live. I just didn't know how much help was out there. I had been self medicating with alcohol and eneded up in a rehab. I was diagnosed there. My worst fear now would be to go back to feeling and thinking that way. I haven't drank in over 12 years. Got a degree, a stable carreer, a great wife and 2 beautiful kids. I would never want to lose that.

Hmmm hear hear on the kids

My dying is no big deal (though I've been suicidal since I was in my early 20's...), if I'm gonna die, then I'll die... wether by someone elses hand, by accident, by disease or by my own hand, when the time comes, I'll die.

My biggest fear is the death of my kid... I really don't think I'd be able to go on should I outlive him.

Second biggest fear would be the effects of my death on my loved ones (which is the ONLY reason I haven't blown my brains out on several occasions when I was in the dumpster... back then there wasn't a single day where I didn't weigh the pros and cons of killing myself).

I've come face to face with my own death a few times in the fire dept and each time I felt absolutely nothing... not during, not after. Went thru a floor once into a burning basement and my only reaction was "oh well, now I die".

Red

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    being alone. i dont mean from everybody. but the people you really like. there are very few people i actually enjoy talking to. and i hate it when the ones i do like are unreachable. i dont think i could function with just friends. i need my best friends. thank god for the telephone.

shorty2big is offline Member
    getting old, burning to death, getting eaten alive

David B. is offline Member
    For some reason, I have an extreme fear of amputation. The thought of permanently losing a major body part scares the crap outta me. I had nightmares for a week when that story broke about the dumbass in Colorado who got stuck and had to cut his own arm off.

--dave

Steele is offline Member
    lung cancer. rampant in my family. ugly death. very slow.

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    Shit I have 3!

1.Marrying my girl and realizing she's not the one.
    2.Being in a life changing Auto Accident (being paralyzed,Loss of limb etc)
    3.PUBLIC SPEEKING I fucking hate that!!!

Nathan is offline Retired Moderator
    My biggest fear is dying while wearing pants. Whatever else happens, I do NOT want to be wearing pants when my number is up. I've spent my entire life fighting the pants movement, which can coincidentally be traced back to Alexander the Great and all his asspacking buddies. I've said too much...

Butch is offline Anabolic Member
    I can't even address the death fear of a loved one; however here are some others:

drowning, burning to death, being paralyzed, dying beofre I see my offsprings, never marrying the women of my dreams, being unhappy, waking up to the person breaking into my house in my room staring at me...shit this can go on forever....my biggest fear is losing my parents...I have been so dependent on them...God Bless them and keep them with me for many, many years to come....

popa is offline Senior Member
    sharks or bugs in massive numbers

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member

THATS EASY!

SPIDERS!!!

Here is a picture of what a brown recluse can do to you... imagine if it bit you on the tinker?!?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Time to face your own mortality: what is your honest-to-goodness biggest fear??-day-10.jpg  

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Kinda looks like Sushi!!!

Rich8888 is offline Member
    Being eaten by fire breathing dragons...while driving over a bridge over water, trying to get away from the level 5 tornado, and swatting at the nest of bees that flew into my window, while trying to kick the guy out of the car with the gun at my head that just jacked my car....and during all of this worrying about the leprosy that hs cause my right leg and left arm to fall off. Other than that I ain't scared of shit.

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Only two things scare me and one of them is nuclear war!

The other? Carny's...circus folk, nomads they are, small hands, smell like cabbage.

Actually it would be to grow old alone. I have no problem growing to ripe old age as long as my wife is there with me.

Arnold_Is_God is offline Junior Member
    1) About to die and wish I had done more with my life...dying with regrets

2) drowning

BIG R is offline Member
    Red Ketchup I'm sorry that you've had it that hard.......That outlook disturbs me......you seem so "normal".

Pete that is a total Austin Powers quote!!! Cool though.

Mine is either seeing someone I love die and being helpless to stop it.......or ending up totally alone in the end.

R

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    finding the person, that one special person, spending most of my life with her, and her dying. I always feel so bad for those 50-60-70 year old's with no one. Scary.

Kato is offline Member
    If for some reason I never get laid again.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    the concept of forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information