RATM is offline Senior Member

The greatest concert you've ever seen???

I had nothing to do last night while on duty and thought about some of the great concerts that I have seen over the years and thought I would share them with everyone....

Boston, Hollywood Sportatorium, maybe 86?? first concert and first ganja experience.

Sade/Moody Blues, USF sundome. very very relaxing and mellow.

Poison, USF sundome, one of the best stage performances i have ever seen.

Rage Against the Machine, Coral Sky/Mars/Sound Advice amphitheater. best concert of my life.

Godsmack, Coral Sky/Mars/Sound Advice amphitheater, Bonzai in Miami, EDBD 2002, 2003, and July 1, 2003 at the Hard Rock in orlando, very close second to Rage.

Lenny Kravitz/Blind Melon, Sunrise Musical Theater. Kravitz was good, but Blind melon blew him away.

Andrea Bocelli, National Car rental center, truly amazing that a human can sing like that.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Stone Temple Pilots at the Worcester Centrum (shitty venue, but AWESOME concert) it was my first concert ever and I loved it. Don't remember when it was, exactly, but we were *just* old enough for one of our friends to be able to drive us...so it really represented the first time we were able to fly from the nest as well.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    i would probably have to say Xfest in pittsburgh 3 summers ago...i had sex with 3 different girls over the course of the weekend, the first 2 were around 4 hours apart

tons of cool bands, but the sex was definitely what made it my best ever.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Without a shadow of a doubt...GWAR "The bitch is back" tour.

It was the craziest concert I have ever seen! The first 30 rows of people were covered in blood! It looked like they went swimming in a pool! They were dripping wet! Talk about stage effects...they opened with some guy getting his head chopped off then spraying blood into the crowd...then had Saddam pull out a massive penis and masturbate all over the American flag...he then sprayed the entire audience with cum...later they pulled the skin off his face off and he started spraying blood...they had a big Mike Tyson come out and they beat him up and chopped his arms off and he started spraying blood into the crowd...the lead singer had his penis cut off and was spraying blood onto the crowd...later they reattached it and he started peeing (fake) on the crowd and his own face......Slymenstra Hymen pulled a huge tampon out and she started spraying blood into the crowd...they had numerous rubber characters come and get killed and of course spray blood...they had some 10 foot dinosaur (GOR GOR) come out on stage and they fought him with swords and there was blood everywhere! The blood they were spraying wasn't a little trickle...it was a steady stream about 2 inches in diameter and sprayed about 40 feet (check out the pics). At one point they had 4 streams of blood from different gadgets spraying into the crowd for like 4 minutes! It was crazy. After the show people where taking there clothes off and wringing them out because there was so much stage effects (blood, "bodily fluids", urine, water). There must have been an inch of stuff on the floor after the concert.

Well worth the $38!! Once in a life time experience!! I would spend $1000 to see them again!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails The greatest concert you've ever seen???-bloodspray.jpg  

I have heard that they are truly an experience.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    yea, never got to see gwar, but i heard the theatrics were incredible. im gonna go with rage against the machine. saw them in sacramento when the last album came out and it was awesome. ive seen lots of concerts through the years, but rage had a huge amount of energy going through the crowd. a close second would have to be pennywise. 30 seconds into their set i lost my shoe in the pit and got my nose broken. good times.

peam is offline Suspended
    Dave Matthews!..... well I haven't seen it yet but it's got to be better than that nsync concert I went to hahahaha

homeboy is offline New Member
    kiss full make up twice.

sd11 is offline Banned
    I'm only into the NY/NJ Hardcore scene but I always say the most recent Glassjaw show I see is the best I've ever seen.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Mudvayne at the Trocadaro in Philly. Nov 2002

Second best show was Hatebreed at the Electric Factory in Philly = Jan 2003

sd11 - did you ever see Dry Kill Logic? I never seen them but would like too.

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by Money Boss Hustla
    Without a shadow of a doubt...GWAR
    DUDE! I was sooooo going to say that when I opened this thread. GWAR concerts are a major trip. Anything goes. I had a buddy knock out a bouncer in the pit in HS - the bouncer got on his feet and was like... "It's cool..."

sd11 is offline Banned
    Yeah bro I've seen DKL at The Downtown (Strong Island), but I don't like them to begin with so it wasn't a good show for me. Seems like you like them though so I'm sure you would enjoy.

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    This is tough...
    I saw Ministry/Helmet opened at the Barrollands in Edinburgh, Scotland
    Nirvana was awesome! Saw Pink Floyd @ Vet Stadium in High School '88 at the end of Prom weekend took 2 weeks to sober up from that weekend fiansco...
    PIL w/ Big Audio Dynamite was great! Blind Mellon opened up so did Live
    Black Uhuru - Saw them UCSanta Barbara
    Bob Mould - great show!
    GBH/Descendants/Black Flag/ and oh so many punk shows!!!!!!!
    Social Distortion - Rocked!
    But maybe the all timer was we used to go to a bar off of Sunset Blvd I believe and it was called the Shamrock...they always had kickn' ass bands and one night flea and Chad showed up and just blazed with some band it was f'n awesome!
    Cheap trick was always a good show too...(not the norm but I always dug them for some reason)

Yeah, Saw Boston in 86 also....the worst show ever on many levels! It was like listening to the LP nothing old, just the entire 3rd stage album! I was beyond drunk, nobody was having fun, and the spectrum was crotch hot! Stinky! Hated it!

Originally posted by sd11
    Yeah bro I've seen DKL at The Downtown (Strong Island), but I don't like them to begin with so it wasn't a good show for me. Seems like you like them though so I'm sure you would enjoy.
    DKL??? anyone??

Pennywise would be a great concert i'm sure.

Originally posted by RATM

DKL??? anyone??

Pennywise would be a great concert i'm sure.
    DKL = Dry Kill Logic. They are from NY area.

Dirty is offline Female Member
    Type-O-Negative
    Every October 31st in Philly

Originally posted by Dirty
    Type-O-Negative
    Every October 31st in Philly
    You come to Philly to see Type O Negative? That's cool. Next time you're in Philly you should check out Carfax Abbey they play withType O a few times they are local to the PA area.

Kato is offline Member
    Money Boss Hustler, One of the guys from GWAR is from my hometown. He is like 8-10 years older than me. I know a good freind of his, We were going to see GWAR locally but we all were pissing outside the venue and some cops pulled up. They searched us and 3 of us got busted for weed. So I spent the night in jail. The rest of the crew said it rocked. My fav concert was Jack Johnson and Ben Harper in KC on 6/10/03 @ the Starlight. 2nd Jack and Ben @ Bonnaroo 03. 3rd Jack and Ben @ Bonnaroo 02.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Kato
    Money Boss Hustler, One of the guys from GWAR is from my hometown. He is like 8-10 years older than me. I know a good freind of his, We were going to see GWAR locally but we all were pissing outside the venue and some cops pulled up. They searched us and 3 of us got busted for weed. So I spent the night in jail. The rest of the crew said it rocked. My fav concert was Jack Johnson and Ben Harper in KC on 6/10/03 @ the Starlight. 2nd Jack and Ben @ Bonnaroo 03. 3rd Jack and Ben @ Bonnaroo 02.
    Man did you fuck up!

The concert was a life experience. By saying anymore I would ruin it.

alevok Guest
    Usher & Janet Jackson concert at Crystal Dome in Tampa.

mammoth is offline Member
    Bela Fleck and the Flecktones - Not very visually stunning however if you are into modern jazz/bluegrass fusion, then no-one does it better! I saw Victor do a backflip while playing and never skipped a beat. His hat also fell on the floor, and he picked it up using his bass while playing. Amazing musicians!!

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Radiohead: OK Computer tour '97 in Houston, at the former Ariel Theater, now Verizon; Kid A/Amnesiac tour '00, Woodlands, and Los Angeles.
    The Cure: Wild Mood Swings Tour '97?
    Marilyn Manson: Antichrist Superstar tour '96
    White Zombie/Melvins/Babes in Toyland '96
    Tool, Aenima tour at the IBALL in Houston '97?
    Coldplay at NextStage in Grand Prairie '03
    Those were my favorites. I'm sure I'm forgetting something...

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    All of 311's concerts are BADASS!!!

2nd would be Incubus!!
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Probably Virgil Fox on the pipe organ in Dallas back around 1980. Great musician playing great music on an amazing instrument . . . three out of three is pretty good . . .

Big Rush is offline The Juice Man
    "TOOL" July 29, 2002 @ CenturyTel Center in Bossier City, LA

"INCUBUS" July 1, 2002 @ UNO Lakefront Arena in New Orleans

"Deftones" 1997? at some small club in Shreveport, LA called the "Malibu Alley"....that was before they were big

"Saliva" May 2003 at LA Tech....less than 500 tickets were sold in a huge auditorium...i got drunk as hell on the floor and saw Saliva up close and personal..it was great

"FLAW" w/ "3rd Strike" at a bar in my old college town last year....for those of you rock fans who don't know about Flaw i highly suggest you check them out...they are one of the best new bands around...

I have also been to several WSP shows that were good too...

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    TOOL !!!!!
    PAT GREEN!!!!!

ichiban is offline Female Member
    OK, this is gonna be hard. I LOVE music. There are so many great bands that are even better live. Also, growing up in a music city (austin, tx) and my older bros. best friend is a booking agent and has a little record label (geurrilla Records),I have taken advantage of all sorts of great tunes.

Personally, I love a good Panic show (widespread panic). I have seen them soooooooo many times in lots of places. The best live music: the Backyard in austin (I think 3 times there), awesome venue that is outside under the oak trees. Halloween in New Orleans twice and plan to go to NYC this year to check them out. The halloween shows are always a really good time, they jam on and on. However, I do miss Mikey. One heck of a musician.

Willie Nelson--seen him so many times I can't count. The first time I saw him I was like 8 ('87 or 88). Seen him a couple times at the Backyard.
    George Straight--this was a long time ago,love his old stuff had tons o fun.
    Phish--great music but was muddy and a bunch of stinky hippies.
    Soulhat--'94, '97,'98...all at the Mercury in austin ( the old one and the new one)
    The Killer Bees--lots of fun, also at the Mercury
    String Cheese Incident--have seen them a couple times. I saw them with the Bela and the Flecktones...really good.
    Rage, Jimmie Vaughn W/ Lou Ann Barton, Government Mule,KC and the Sunshine Band (the Backyard), Garth Brooks, Garry P. Nun, Reverand Hortan Heat, The Eagles ( When hell freezes over tour, '94?), Ziggy Marley, AC/DC in San Antonio, The Rolling Stones, Natalie Merchant ( girl has got some good pipes!), and lots of good jam bands that I can't think of as well.
    But how could I forget!! Bob Dylan with Paul Simon, talk about GREAT live music!! They had a huge brass band. VERY awesome (in austin '99) but at a bad venue.

THERE ARE SOOO MANY!! I am sure I have left out some other great bands

Mammoth--Bela Fleck and the Flecktones are awesome....very talented.
    BigRush--you dig Panic? Where have u seen them?
    jarrett--Pat Green was way better before he kinda became well known. LOL, he used to play at frat. parties at UT all the time. He was like one big college kid. I am gonna guess you like Corry Marrow too?
    MoneyBossHustler--I wanted to go to Bonnaroo SO bad this year! I envy you!

Sorry if this is too long! I just love the subject!

BiosThornton is offline Junior Member
    Insane clown posse about 5 years ago. Can you say FAYGO bath.
    &
    Ozzfest 2000

T$sMechamT/A is offline Junior Member
    thats a tough one.
    311 concerts have been bad ass, but Edgefest 99 was insane.

poppapump58 is offline Member
    korn, godsmack, alice in chains, rage

Thread Information