Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By kloter1

Thread: Do you think antidepressants will help

xjay1234 is offline Associate Member

Do you think antidepressants will help

I don't want to make this a dissertation length so I will keep it as brief as possible.

It is hard to say whether my mental state is depressed or sad. Could be a small percentage of both.

But to cut a long story short there was a female that I met last summer, she is from Turkey but was in England attending an English school.

Met her we liked each other went out in London and connected a lot and was even passionate together since then talked a lot online and on WhatsApp.

A month ago (a year later) went out to Turkey to see her.

Now it seems that MAYBE we accept how hard it will be due to the distance and plus we come from different backgrounds.

And it seems as if we have kinda floated apart so to speak.

And I am going through a tough time.

Every morning I wake up in my bed I am just cold inside.

Even at the gym I am just miserable! After I did some deadlifts I left the gym and went straight to Tesco to buy comfort foods and eat.......

Listening to Beyonce's Brown Eyes track over and over and over and over and over and over again whilst simultaneously watching Airbus A380 compilation videos on YouTube.

Yes I love her but it is more the realisation.

Starting to eat a lot, eating 6 trays of Muller Corner yogurts at once, trying to get some kind of comfort, it is phenomenal that I am still slim and in shape.

But I am just very sad inside and unhappy.

Odd occasion been crying to myself as well.

At home I don't want to talk much, I just want to stay inside my room on the laptop or play on the PlayStation.

I want to go to the doctor and ask for antidepressants, however I must be careful because I am applying for my PGCE come the Autumn and if there are medical checks (which I should imagine there will be) and they see I was on antidepressants I don't want that the effect me getting a place.

But if I can get good consistent therapy at least I need that help.

But I am not happy at all, and MONEY means nothing!

It really is true money can not buy happiness, has 5hit to do with your bank balance.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    sounds like you need to go out and get laid

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I am very concerned about this whole Beyonce thing.
    And Cajun is right go get laid
    Last edited by diesel101; 07-28-2014 at 12:00 PM.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Money may not buy happiness but being broke dont work either. If your fat, ugly or old (70+) it sure can help.

Dont blame money for your problems. Most of the time we make our own problems and its up to us to fix them. You have to choose if the glass is 1/2 full or empty.

I could throw out a few details of ky past that might make you decide yours ain't as bad as you originally thought but I wont yet.

Medication is the last resort IMO because of the side effects and addictive properties.

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Go get another woman there are so many out there and it's not hard to make them fall in love. Also it is possible your estrogen is elevated too.

DOSA is offline Associate Member
    Listen to this in full, it should clear things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVEkMGBu88g

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    Go get laid dude. I honestly couldn't read all that because it was this girl that. Side effects are thoughts of suicide lol yeah you definitely need those scrm.

I am not trying to be a jerk I just live in a completely different paradigm

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    sounds like you need to go out and get laid
    Yeah and my cousin want me to go out to the club. That won't do anything, that is just a short rush of pleasure that has not resolved anything.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by xjay1234 View Post
    Yeah and my cousin want me to go out to the club. That won't do anything, that is just a short rush of pleasure that has not resolved anything.
    don't lay your cousin then, find someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by redz View Post
    Go get another woman there are so many out there and it's not hard to make them fall in love. Also it is possible your estrogen is elevated too.
    Okay well my estrogen is fine, there is no chemical imbalance.

I think people (and I am not attack you trust me me)

But I think SOME people fail to realise the importance of having a short little female fasting after the end of a relationship or whatever.

Being unhappy,depressed whatever (like I am) and going into a new relationship or whatever with another girl is a recipe for disaster.

But I think maybe my issue is falling if *love* too easily in the past has been my problem HOWEVER this was not a case of falling in love easily because me and her met in a unique way, we didn't meet at 2am in the club cos you will not find the woman you want in the club at 2am not going to happen.

Because I am the type of person where by when I meet a girl I look LONG term I think WOULD SHE BE A GOOD MOTHER? WOULD SHE BE ABLE TO TEACH MY CHILD TO READ? DOES SHE KNOW THE SCIENCE OF MONEY?

I think VERY deep WAAYYY past the looks (yes she was good looking) but because her background Turkish and Islamic and I am not Islamic so there things could be hard but I looked pasted that because she has/had other top qualities but yeah....

What would you like us to tell you?
    You are heart broken there is no magic pill for that end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Money may not buy happiness but being broke dont work either. If your fat, ugly or old (70+) it sure can help.

Dont blame money for your problems. Most of the time we make our own problems and its up to us to fix them. You have to choose if the glass is 1/2 full or empty.

I could throw out a few details of ky past that might make you decide yours ain't as bad as you originally thought but I wont yet.

Medication is the last resort IMO because of the side effects and addictive properties.
    You are classed as a *knowledgeable user* so past your Anabolic Steroid knowledge I am sure you can agree with me on a few points.

CAPITALISM loves MISERY. Teaches us to be happy even when we are not! If you have a nice home and a good career/job you are meant to be happy according to capitalism, and we know that is bull5hit!

This is why unhappy people spend their money on CRAP trying to buy happiness.

All this spending has nothing to do with peace off mind.

If you still have unresolved issues whether it be a past relationship or relationship with a family member or whatever you will never be happy.

Happiness is all about the INTERNAL not the EXTERNAL.

This is why people with peace off mind do not need to spend money, except for the basics (bills)

Nothing to do with your bank balance is happiness.

Now back to your point I am not broke, but I agree I have my questions on antidepressants but if I was on that I would need to have therapy counselling with that.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel101 View Post
    I am very concerned about this whole Beyonce thing.
    And Cajun is right go get laid
    You don't understand..........

What would you like us to tell you?
    You are heart broken there is no magic pill for that end of story.
    yeah

You should be more worried about the listening to beyonce thing.
    Last edited by diesel101; 07-28-2014 at 02:44 PM.

You should be more worried about the listening to beyonce thing.
    I have always internally had a soft love spot in general, now I am not a HOPELESS romantic, but I think no matter what background, or SIZE you are, a man has that soft spot....

Now its gotten weird I am out.
    lovbyts likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are classed as a *knowledgeable user* so past your Anabolic Steroid knowledge I am sure you can agree with me on a few points.

CAPITALISM loves MISERY. Teaches us to be happy even when we are not! If you have a nice home and a good career/job you are meant to be happy according to capitalism, and we know that is bull5hit!

This is why unhappy people spend their money on CRAP trying to buy happiness.

All this spending has nothing to do with peace off mind.

If you still have unresolved issues whether it be a past relationship or relationship with a family member or whatever you will never be happy.

Happiness is all about the INTERNAL not the EXTERNAL.

This is why people with peace off mind do not need to spend money, except for the basics (bills)

Nothing to do with your bank balance is happiness.

Now back to your point I am not broke, but I agree I have my questions on antidepressants but if I was on that I would need to have therapy counselling with that.
    Your right but you dont have to fall into that category just because you have money. There is a lot of good you can do if you have money and there are a lot of people with money who do good.

You are also correct you dont NEED money to be happy. The happiest people I have meet were in Thailand and Philippines who lived in tin houses smaller than my greenhouse with dirt floors. They had family, friends and were all loving while sharing a simple but plentiful meal.

If you think you need therapy then I say go for it. Dont do it just to get anti depressants, again last resort. If you dont have friend, family you can talk to then a therapist is a good option.

I know 1st hand what heart break feels like. Ive only had it bad a couple of times but I feel if you dont experience heartbreak then you dont really know/feel love. It's just one extreme of the emotion to the other. My 1st one was when I was 20. My 2nd one was when i was 47 and I was a long distance like yours. Time does help. Going out with friend and making new experiences be it with girls or just doing things help. It's proven scientifically that creating new memories/experiences help make bad ones less. I will never forget and they will never not make me feel the loss but I know it was meant to be the way it is so I move on.

What also helps me with the broken heart part is it's more important to me that They (the girls) find true love/happiness because I still care about them. I dont need to be with them to care.

I have also had great loss in my life I had to deal with. 1st wife died after we had been married about 4 years. Our daughter was 1 1/2 when her mom died. Long story but it's still a great loss.

I married again about 5 years later. Divorced after 3? She was Bipolar and I just could not deal with that and trying to raise a daughter. She would not medicate. About a year after the divorce she got help and came to me admitting that 90% of our problems were from her. We became pretty good friend and even dated. She developed some other medical problems having mini strokes tia as well as severe sleep apnea and was sleep deprived and due to some external circumstances she decided to take her life. It was very unexpected but all the signs were there hindsight being 20/20

There is more but as you can see I have had to deal with trauma and extreme emotions also. You have to realize it's all part of life, learning and loving. You have to do your best to not let the world get you down. I dont watch the news. I listen to a few select radio talk shows but even then I limit it. Dont let yourself get wrapped up in being upset about all the injustice or lies unless you make it your passion and you want to make a change but if it makes you depressed avoid it.
    Succor likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Your right but you dont have to fall into that category just because you have money. There is a lot of good you can do if you have money and there are a lot of people with money who do good.

You are also correct you dont NEED money to be happy. The happiest people I have meet were in Thailand and Philippines who lived in tin houses smaller than my greenhouse with dirt floors. They had family, friends and were all loving while sharing a simple but plentiful meal.

If you think you need therapy then I say go for it. Dont do it just to get anti depressants, again last resort. If you dont have friend, family you can talk to then a therapist is a good option.

I know 1st hand what heart break feels like. Ive only had it bad a couple of times but I feel if you dont experience heartbreak then you dont really know/feel love. It's just one extreme of the emotion to the other. My 1st one was when I was 20. My 2nd one was when i was 47 and I was a long distance like yours. Time does help. Going out with friend and making new experiences be it with girls or just doing things help. It's proven scientifically that creating new memories/experiences help make bad ones less. I will never forget and they will never not make me feel the loss but I know it was meant to be the way it is so I move on.

What also helps me with the broken heart part is it's more important to me that They (the girls) find true love/happiness because I still care about them. I dont need to be with them to care.

I have also had great loss in my life I had to deal with. 1st wife died after we had been married about 4 years. Our daughter was 1 1/2 when her mom died. Long story but it's still a great loss.

I married again about 5 years later. Divorced after 3? She was Bipolar and I just could not deal with that and trying to raise a daughter. She would not medicate. About a year after the divorce she got help and came to me admitting that 90% of our problems were from her. We became pretty good friend and even dated. She developed some other medical problems having mini strokes tia as well as severe sleep apnea and was sleep deprived and due to some external circumstances she decided to take her life. It was very unexpected but all the signs were there hindsight being 20/20

There is more but as you can see I have had to deal with trauma and extreme emotions also. You have to realize it's all part of life, learning and loving. You have to do your best to not let the world get you down. I dont watch the news. I listen to a few select radio talk shows but even then I limit it. Dont let yourself get wrapped up in being upset about all the injustice or lies unless you make it your passion and you want to make a change but if it makes you depressed avoid it.
    Man you have a serious Curriculum Vitae there.

I have family but I only tell my cousin, but we will go to the Manchester United vs Valencia PRE SEASON game to try clear the mind a lil.

I guess in the LONG term heart break is a good thing due the the growth and development, I'm 24 and this is the first REAL HARD heart break I am going through.

Right now it is 3pm got up at 1pm now drive to go into the shower and go to the gym, still reflecting etc etc sickening it really is.

But time is key.........

They say that after heart break you should look at WHY it happened and I think maybe cos me and her come from different worlds (not that she is Turkish and I am British) but her beliefs different she is Islamic and I am not, and just how we are very much from different background Black and Turkish. fgyuihufjikoslfs

sghjklkjhgfghjkl anyway but yeah just the process.........

Now its gotten weird I am out.
    bye then

calgarian is offline ANALbolically inclined "Protein user"
    I don't want to make this a dissertation length so I will keep it as brief as possible.

It is hard to say whether my mental state is depressed or sad. Could be a small percentage of both.

But to cut a long story short there was a female that I met last summer, she is from Turkey but was in England attending an English school.

Met her we liked each other went out in London and connected a lot and was even passionate together since then talked a lot online and on WhatsApp.

A month ago (a year later) went out to Turkey to see her.

Now it seems that MAYBE we accept how hard it will be due to the distance and plus we come from different backgrounds.

And it seems as if we have kinda floated apart so to speak.

And I am going through a tough time.

Every morning I wake up in my bed I am just cold inside.

Even at the gym I am just miserable! After I did some deadlifts I left the gym and went straight to Tesco to buy comfort foods and eat.......

Listening to Beyonce's Brown Eyes track over and over and over and over and over and over again whilst simultaneously watching Airbus A380 compilation videos on YouTube.

Yes I love her but it is more the realisation.

Starting to eat a lot, eating 6 trays of Muller Corner yogurts at once, trying to get some kind of comfort, it is phenomenal that I am still slim and in shape.

But I am just very sad inside and unhappy.

Odd occasion been crying to myself as well.

At home I don't want to talk much, I just want to stay inside my room on the laptop or play on the PlayStation.

I want to go to the doctor and ask for antidepressants, however I must be careful because I am applying for my PGCE come the Autumn and if there are medical checks (which I should imagine there will be) and they see I was on antidepressants I don't want that the effect me getting a place.

But if I can get good consistent therapy at least I need that help.

But I am not happy at all, and MONEY means nothing!

It really is true money can not buy happiness, has 5hit to do with your bank balance.
    depression pills not help it will make matters worse you have to face reality. I know its hard when you are deeply in love. the only thing you can do is dig your heels in and ripped her out of your heart its lot easier said then done but its time to man up and this is the most honest advice I can give you

yettibecsuse is offline Associate Member
    It is very unlikely they have or will test you for anti depressants for starters; Their are many ways people manage fluctuations in mood and well being. Sometimes there are no reason Anti depressants provide patients with a point in which stability and consistency can be achieved and then determine what other steps can be taken to treat the feeling or depression; You cant go out and get laid if you can't get out of the house or your feel so shit you can't talk to a woman

Succor is offline New Member
    Plenty of women out there. You don't know what you'll find. Go out and see what your options are. You need love, companionship, someone to keep you in check and keep you motivated and vice versa. Someone who ideally has similar goals, interests, aspirations, etc. as you do in life

Whining on the forum won't do sh*t but get you in a deeper hole. Cast out your line. This woman you speak of isn't the only attractive and desirable female in the world

Capebuffalo is offline - MONITOR -
    Have you had blood work done? Sounds like your E2 is very high.

WOLFCRAFT is offline Senior Member
    Dude suck it up.
    There are a million women out there.
    You can choose to get over it but you're choosing to dwell on this.

I can tell you from experience, antidepressants are never the solution.
    You'll get over it, no matter how bad it seems right now.

SUCK IT THE **** UP

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    She's not the one. There will be others.

Go to the gym and work it out. Stay away from chemicals. They only mask the issue and create more problems IMHO.

It's hard at first but this relationship is not your destiny. Distance is not working in your favor.

kloter1 is offline Southern Steel Bodybuilding
    Is this a joke? Listening to beyonce?

Being let down by a woman or realizing this cant continue is hard to swallow if its someone you truely want to be with. Its happend to me a few times and it ****ing sucks.

Man up, get in the gym focus on training and your work and deal with it. You dont need meds to deal with real life situations..

Oh and by the way, anti depressants take about 2-3 months to start taking affect. By that time youll be over this whole thing.
    Last edited by kloter1; 08-09-2014 at 01:14 PM.
    xjay1234 likes this.

Yeah true lol

I am okay now but when I started this thread I was in a HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE WAY!

But yeah I was on the Beyonce Brown Eyes thing....

Quote Originally Posted by kloter1 View Post
    Is this a joke? Listening to beyonce?

Being let down by a woman or realizing this cant continue is hard to swallow if its someone you truely want to be with. Its happend to me a few times and it ****ing sucks.

Man up, get in the gym focus on training and your work and deal with it. You dont need meds to deal with real life situations..

Oh and by the way, anti depressants take about 2-3 months to start taking affect. By that time youll be over this whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    She's not the one. There will be others.

Go to the gym and work it out. Stay away from chemicals. They only mask the issue and create more problems IMHO.

It's hard at first but this relationship is not your destiny. Distance is not working in your favor.
    Yes but I am much better now.

Yes sir

Quote Originally Posted by WOLFCRAFT View Post
    Dude suck it up.
    There are a million women out there.
    You can choose to get over it but you're choosing to dwell on this.

I can tell you from experience, antidepressants are never the solution.
    You'll get over it, no matter how bad it seems right now.

SUCK IT THE **** UP

Quote Originally Posted by Capebuffalo View Post
    Have you had blood work done? Sounds like your E2 is very high.
    E2 level? Estrogen levels???

Quote Originally Posted by Succor View Post
    Plenty of women out there. You don't know what you'll find. Go out and see what your options are. You need love, companionship, someone to keep you in check and keep you motivated and vice versa. Someone who ideally has similar goals, interests, aspirations, etc. as you do in life

Whining on the forum won't do sh*t but get you in a deeper hole. Cast out your line. This woman you speak of isn't the only attractive and desirable female in the world
    Yes I was in a bad way when I started this thread but I am alright now, of course I think back the odd time but I am alright now.

Many other beauties out there with beautiful hand and minds etc etc etc.

Thread Information