FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

*FLAMING FLAMING FLAMING* It's Gotta End Guys

Let me start bye saying that I have been here long enough to watch this board triple in size and to meet alot a good bro's. I have been here when alot of good bro's have gone....came back.....gone....came back and some good bro's have stayed here throughout. I have witnessed occassional attitude's and tried to mediate un-needed fights and excessive arguements. Lately I have noticed tons of flaming that goes without warning.

I just ask mods if you can do anything to help alleviate this problem please do so. I think a pm giving a primary warning will suffice or a posted thread describing the punishment's.

I just believe that threads are being overrun with unnessecary flames and crude remarks which take away from the initial point of the post. For example Ill go into a thread and start reading and have something constructive to contribute but the flaming and argueing will have already taken over so the thread is no longer alive anymore for educational purposes it seems like the people are only there posting just for the sake of argueing.

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    good point, ive been watching this board from the day they put it up. it used to be "family based" nice and peaceful.

everyone play nice!!!

Pete235 is offline Retired Moderator
    Good post FK!! Lets all continue to act like grown ups and leave the childish shit on the playgrounds.

mammoth is offline Member
    I agree and I have to give credit to the Mods for having better control over this board than most other anabolics boards out there. That is the main reason why I have made this one my home.

On another note, with the amount of members that this board has, I think that you have to expect that some flame wars are gonna break out. I try my best to stay out of them although I have to admit that I am guilty of being involved in a few of them myself. Everybody has a different opinion of what a "flame" is and sometimes that alone will start an argument. It seems that most of the flaming comes from the members pictures section. Some people feel that brutal honesty is the best way to go while others feel that they have to butter everyones bread. That is a dangerous mix and always seems to end up in a war of words. Special kudo's goes out to Pete235 for being the most active in controlling these breakouts!

Of all the boards that I am a member of I would say that AR is the tamest! I hope it stays this way, but we all have to do our part. I feel like a hypocrite for saying that but I do realize that we are all human!

dizzle is offline Respected Member
    Flaming has to end, but this was hilarious:

Originally posted by FKITLETSGO
    This is the last word on this. If you dont like it ill ban you. He will not come back under the dickrenegade name. BG is already in our presence and with this im already allowing alot. DR keep low. sign up under a new name. Ill be watching. Dont make me ban your skinny ass again boy

Rickson is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I have noticed an increase in flaming as well. I think with the growth we are experiencing it will take some extra patience from the senior members. Even though it can be very frustrating to answer the same questions over and over or see new members break rules we still have to do our best to help guide those who need it. I don't see the growth slowing down any time soon and I think it will take an extra effort from all of us to keep the high standards that this board has come to signify in the AAS community.

Expendable is offline Associate Member
    unfortunately with the increase in popularity I think this is inevitable. Look at Anabolex... you can hardly get a single post through with out a flame back... Maybe somebody should cap the number of users for awhile and filter out the flamers.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you should give all the Senior Members a Bann button

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    I like the idea of a senior member ban button. Once a person has so many strikes against them they get suspended for a two week period and reviewed heavily by the mods. Once they come back there is a no tolerance program and they are banned immediately if there are any other disturbances. Of course the ban button for us is basically a red light flashing to the mod's that they need to review someone for suspension. We wouldn't exactly have the "power" to ban them but just to bring caution to they're actions

Originally posted by Expendable
    unfortunately with the increase in popularity I think this is inevitable. Look at Anabolex... you can hardly get a single post through with out a flame back... Maybe somebody should cap the number of users for awhile and filter out the flamers.
    You do have a point however I would have to disagree! It is the overall attitude of the mods that dictate how the board is run. If the mods show enough force the masses will comply to a certain extent. I don't think that the attitude over at Anabolex is the same as here. They let alot of stuff slip through the cracks over there.

I propose that we assign some more Mods. I am not saying that the current Mods can't handle it, however with the amount of users that we have we could probably use some more enforcement. You could call these assistant mods. Mods that have the responsibility to report flaming and to enforce the rules overall but not have the right to ban.

As far as a cap is concerned I would hate to see that because you might miss out on some good bros that want to join from other boards or you might prevent some bros with potential from developing a reputation within the community.

I like the idea of a senior member ban button. Once a person has so many strikes against them they get suspended for a two week period and reviewed heavily by the mods. Once they come back there is a no tolerance program and they are banned immediately if there are any other disturbances. Of course the ban button for us is basically a red light flashing to the mod's that they need to review someone for suspension. We wouldn't exactly have the "power" to ban them but just to bring caution to they're actions
    It's too easy to become a Senior Member here! Its not like you are voted in. I know of some senior members that might abuse the "ban button" idea. Just my opinion though!

Also the whole red light idea would probably swamp the mods with reviews.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Actually, in a way, you have that already - most of the abusive posts are brought to our attention by our members - those that we are alerted to that seem to pop up more than once or twice get flagged as trouble and so are often on the way to ban - some people who have been banned in the past seem to think that the mods are watching them so closely but in reality, it is the family of members that we have here that make it known that they are not happy with some people who do not respect the board or its rules - so to all of you again, I and AR say a humble "thanks"

popa is offline Senior Member
    flame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flameflame flame flame flame flame flame!!!!!!!!!!!lmaoooo

Originally posted by mammoth

I propose that we assign some more Mods. I am not saying that the current Mods can't handle it, however with the amount of users that we have we could probably use some more enforcement. You could call these assistant mods. Mods that have the responsibility to report flaming and to enforce the rules overall but not have the right to ban.

I think I would be a good candidate for this one VOTE 4 WRSTL69SDNL
    Last edited by wrstlr69sdnl; 06-06-2003 at 03:09 PM.

bizzump

monstercojones is offline The Anabolic Assassin
    good post FKIT.... you know, i always thought your sn meant FKIT lets go... as in Fina Kit, lets go!.... i liek your real reason for it better...

i do see alot more flaming going on here, mabye some more assistant mods would be good for the board. im on here enough to lend a hand if needed.

by the way...

CYCLEON is a dork.

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    Keep it the way it start here.

Take the flames else where, we are family here that wants to help out our own.

Thread Information