• 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 5 Post By davidtheman100
  • 1 Post By Honkey_Kong
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By Shol'va

Thread: Bad News For Us Chicken Lovers

Shol'va is offline Productive Member

Bad News For Us Chicken Lovers

And no I'm not talking about young boys. It seems the USDA has now gone out of it's mind and is allowing the American chicken industry to send its chicken parts over to China 7 thousand miles to be processed and packaged and then shipped back 7 thousand miles to America for consumption. Wow! and we all know how unsafe and unclean the Chinese are don't we.No rules no regulation no thing over there. they even use their own human waste as fertilizer on their crops! But on top of it all by doing this the chicken companies will never have to label which ones were sent to china for processing and which ones were not. It is all over saving a few bucks. I mean why would Tyson, and Chrystal Lakes want to spend 88 cents an hour in Arkansas when they spend 13 cents an hour in China. And who cares whether the American public gets deadly ill and dies it's all about profit! Guys we really need to write our congressmen and women asap about this as it is our most basic food for protein. Here is just one article on this.

USDA to Allow Chickens From U.S. to Be Shipped to China for Processing and Back to U.S. for Consumption, Just Like Seafood | NationofChange

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Gotta love the USA aka the cheapest way

I only buy organic or kosher chicken. The taste difference is so significant.

paulzane is offline Productive Member
    Isn't kosher the same as halal? Ritual slaughter without stunning!!! Not the nicest way to die!

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    Same thing in Canada, along with fresh Atlantic lobster and salmon...

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    They are crazy like a fox.

Yeah it's so nice to know our Government is looking out for us, our well being and health and all. I hate to be a downer her but it goes more and more to show just how much in control the big corporations are of this great land. IMO Money talks.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    As I keep saying, we need a big natural disaster the puts a stop to all this so we have to rely on our own resources again.
    DAAS likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    As I keep saying, we need a big natural disaster the puts a stop to all this so we have to rely on our own resources again.
    We should have elected Romney. He ****ing hates China lol

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    We should have elected Romney. He ****ing hates China lol
    Yeah, but when those Chinamen come to the white house with a big cheque for him, he'd change his tune.
    Rwy likes this.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Time to get my own farm. I think I am going turn amish also.

Quote Originally Posted by Derekjpapa View Post
    Time to get my own farm. I think I am going turn amish also.
    All the more reason for me to move to the Philippines sooner than later. They really dont like the Chinese over there and wont deal with any of the food products.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    This time next year I will be raising my own chickens.So they can kiss my ash!
    RaginCajun likes this.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paulzane View Post
    Isn't kosher the same as halal? Ritual slaughter without stunning!!! Not the nicest way to die!
    I have no idea. I live in a jewish area (Im not jewish) and all the restaurants are kosher. The chicken taste so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    Yeah well be careful with that, they are cracking down on people growing their own food and livestock also all over the US. It's pretty crazy some of the stuff going on out there. In some neighborhoods you cant even have a small garden. WTF?

APIs is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm all for business having the freedom to increase profits, but I can't wrap my head around this one. While this processing could likely be replicated in a safe manner over in China, my concern would be once it's implemented and oversight of the production starts to wane after a while. The Chinese are actually very capable of implementing quality production systems for various industries. However, it's well known that as soon as they find a cheaper way to do something they tend to circumvent standard operating procedures just to save a few pennies and the problems soon begin...

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    Yeah well be careful with that, they are cracking down on people growing their own food and livestock also all over the US. It's pretty crazy some of the stuff going on out there. In some neighborhoods you cant even have a small garden. WTF?
    I just have two things to say about this

Declaration of Independence & Second Amendment.

I am done.

Well from now on when I want chicken I'm going to Strouds where they choke their own chickens.

DrewZ likes this.

Blog Entries
    There's nothing worse than Chinese working conditions. USA has cracked down in the past couple years and has pointed out that over 7 million workers weren't following health codes and still shipping stuff to the US. So i guess you can say they care, but not enough to stop them from saving money.

Of corse China's economy as a whole is gonna boom if millions of people are working 12 hours a day and only making 1 dollar and hour...

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    So far chinese companies have only been able to export cooked poultry products. This will likely be expanded so that poultry bred in China can be shipped to the US and Canada. The USDA made this decision in August of last year. So it's possible that if you eat processed poultry that it was processed in China.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I can see not having livestock in a suburban or urban community, but how could they justify the banning of vegetable gardens in people's yards? This shit is why I'd never sign an homeowner's association agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    I'm sure your neighbours are going to love the smell coming from your yard. Personally, I'd rather take my chances with the Chinese than have to deal with that stench.

that guy1234 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    I just have two things to say about this

Declaration of Independence & Second Amendment.

I am done.
    the right of individuals to keep and bear arms? I thought we were talking about chicken.

Thread Information