Thread: Hawaii

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Hawaii

Planning a trip for me and the wife in December. I was thinking about going to Kauai. Anyone been? Any recommendations?

JAB1 is offline Member
    Havent been to Kauai but heard its amazing. I have been to Maui and loved it. Amazing place!! Volcano, waterfalls, bamboo forest, all kinds of great stuff. Surfing and snorkeling were great. Ritz Carlton is really nice, its on the southwest side of the island and my favorite area. The road to hana is a cool drive, a little scary at times as there are hundred foot cliffs, no gaurdrails and only wide enough for one car, and the locals bomb around like madmen. If I could do it again I would base my stay in Maui and hit Kauai for a couple days during to check it out. I cant wait to go back. Only thing that sucked is the long flight from the east coast.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1
    Havent been to Kauai but heard its amazing. I have been to Maui and loved it. Amazing place!! Volcano, waterfalls, bamboo forest, all kinds of great stuff. Surfing and snorkeling were great. Ritz Carlton is really nice, its on the southwest side of the island and my favorite area. The road to hana is a cool drive, a little scary at times as there are hundred foot cliffs, no gaurdrails and only wide enough for one car, and the locals bomb around like madmen. If I could do it again I would base my stay in Maui and hit Kauai for a couple days during to check it out. I cant wait to go back. Only thing that sucked is the long flight from the east coast.
    Yeah I can't wait. I've only been when I was like 5yrs old. Just trying to find the best place to stay and the best activities to do while there.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Kauai is very nice and laid back. We did a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel and was able to wake up and pick a variety of fruit from trees right outside the front door and only 2-3 minutes drive to town.

2iron is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    Planning a trip for me and the wife in December. I was thinking about going to Kauai. Anyone been? Any recommendations?
    Ive been to kauai, oahu, and maui 2x. If its first time be a toss up between maui and kauai for me. To me maui is more "resorty golfing shopping" it does have the 7 sacred pools water falls wich are preety sweet. try jumping off the bridge. Although if not enough rain fall the waterfalls arent that impressive. The pools are more like puddles.

Kauai is just different. Lais back beautiful. Probably be the island I go back to o next.

if you like titty bars, hookers and small beaches hit up waikiki.
    Last edited by 2iron; 08-21-2014 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts
    Kauai is very nice and laid back. We did a bed and breakfast instead of a hotel and was able to wake up and pick a variety of fruit from trees right outside the front door and only 2-3 minutes drive to town.
    I'm thinking more resort. Any specific sights I should visit?

Thread Information