Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: Professional's Heights

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Professional's Heights

So I was just reading in another section of the forum where heights were being mentioned and it got me wondering how tall some of these pros are. I am 6'2'' and I feel that height makes it harder to look big than it is for someone much shorter. Now that I am bigger than most guys in the gym I am thankful for my tall stature.

I have always wondering if the pros are big and tall, or big and short. I feel like there is a HUGE difference there. So here are some heights I pulled off the web. I realize guys like Arnold supposedly claim different heights during their age. Having back problems I can vouch for those who say you can get shorter as you age.

These are just numbers I pulled quickly off google without fact-checking.

Arnold: 6'2''

Cutler: 5'8''

Ronnie Coleman: 5'8''

Branch Warren: 5'7''

Kai: 5'9''

Phil Heath: 5'9''

Dorian Yates: 5'10''

Larry Scott: 5'7''

Sergio Oliva: 5'10''

None of these heights seem too far away from the average. I was hoping to find some closer to 5' or over 6'

Feel free to add any if you like.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Coleman was 5 11. Kai is 5 8. Thats what ive always read and Cutler is 5 9. FLEX is somewhere around 5 '5 I may add.

Im 6 2 myself. Really makes things tuff getting that illusion going especially lower body.
    almostgone likes this.

Rwy
    Rwy is offline Productive Member
    I dont know I am just guessing but maybe tall guys dont have the legs needed to be come pro?

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Look at lou farigno. Cause he was so tall he could never get such a good back. 6 foot 5 inches in the old method i think he was

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well I am 6'2'' and I am fairly happy with how big my back and legs have gotten. I am by no means a pro but I think I could get them fairly big, big enough to compete and win a little here and there in amateur competitions at least. I cannot comment on the big time competitions as I definitely do not have the genes for it thanks to my mother and her terrible back problems she has given me.

Deal Me In is offline Member
    I think at that level being shorter helps. There are exceptions to every rule (Lou) but in general, shorter pros look bigger to me. I know it's an illusion but it is a visual sport.

Thread Information