Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By derekkpapa1
  • 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By Sfla80
  • 1 Post By frighteous
  • 2 Post By zempey
  • 1 Post By PistolPete33
  • 1 Post By frighteous

Thread: Beats By Dre???? Great or turn you into a tool?

PistolPete33 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Beats By Dre???? Great or turn you into a tool?

I just use basic Earbuds when I workout but I've been reading about how much people love their Beats By Dre. Not sure if it's worth the small investment. I laugh at some of the dudes in the gym that wear them but that's prob. more because they are about 120lbs. wearing a superman Tanktop and Beats. haha What is your take on them? Are they any good and do they make you look like a D!ck Head?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPete33
    I just use basic Earbuds when I workout but I've been reading about how much people love their Beats By Dre. Not sure if it's worth the small investment. I laugh at some of the dudes in the gym that wear them but that's prob. more because they are about 120lbs. wearing a superman Tanktop and Beats. haha What is your take on them? Are they any good and do they make you look like a D!ck Head?
    ear buds work fine. And big head phones like that don't really make you look like a dick. But they do make you look like a dumbass. IMO.

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    ^ agree

I vote tool. Who the fvck puts $200 headphones on to sweat in?

a good pair of ear buds any day for me.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ
    ^ agree I vote tool. Who the fvck puts $200 headphones on to sweat in? a good pair of ear buds any day for me.
    I did. .

In my defense, I run. The wired ear buds just pull out when I really start sweating. I won't wear the headphones for your stated reason.

I made the investment in the wireless ear buds. I do love the fit. I have wasted much $$$ on inferior blue tooth.

I also purchased sony earbuds with the flat wire which I use at work. First pair if ear buds that I had to adjust the volume down. Love these too for the bargain price of $20.

I know. I sound high maintenance but I am only medium high.

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	maxresdefault.jpg 
Views:	423 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	153494
    RigPig likes this.

DCI
    DCI is offline Productive Member
    Beats are over priced muck way too much bass. I've always used the cheapest buds generally by sony as they are decent sounding without breaking the bank and if you break em just throw em away

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Music just sits in the background for me while I workout, I'm always 100% focused on working out and sometimes I turn it off because I feel like it's unnecessary noise.

I just use cheap earbuds for that reason, and I can throw them away/lose them/wreck them without worrying about it.
    DCI likes this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I buy 12$ wrap around buds on amazon. I buy 4 pairs at a time. 2 for the wife 2 for me. Last a few months. Sounds good. Loud enough to block everything out around me.
    DCI likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Beats are for tools, way too much money. I bought a $40 pair of pioneer buds at a surplus store because they are 110db sensitive so if I want it load they go really load. My samsung buds died last month so it was time to find something else and these are nice. I didn't want to go too cheap, I can't stand $hitty sounding headphones, or speakers for that matter.

Igifuno is offline AR's Italian Tonic
    Blog Entries
    I use yurbuds iron man edition. They don't fall out and have great sound. You'll pay $60 but for another $8 get the warranty and you can always get another pair if/when it breaks.

It seams most have an issue with the price of Beats not so much the product. Besides the price what are you thoughts on these?

frighteous is offline Junior Member
    they look stupid. not as bad as facemasks, but almost in that category.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

If you wear your pants below your ass and the brim of your hat is perfectly flat, and you don't speak even close to proper English, I say go for it.
    PistolPete33 and DrewZ like this.

Quote Originally Posted by zempey View Post
    If you wear your pants below your ass and the brim of your hat is perfectly flat, and you don't speak even close to proper English, I say go for it.
    HAHA None of that.... Guess I will stick with my earbuds.... WERD!!!!!
    frighteous likes this.

I like the plantronics backbeat 903. cheap. good sound.

46 bucks. it's wireless, bluetooth, and fits inside your ear and goes around your ear. they're nice. perfect for jamming out to death metal on a hardcore chest and back day.
    PistolPete33 likes this.

pasha is offline Associate Member
    The solo beats are too small for a normal size guy. very uncomfortable. i have a pair of studio beats, they are nice for listening to music around your house, not at the gym. too heavy, with all the sweat it is just uncomfortable. i use normal iPhone ear buds at the gym. Oh also, i don't think they are worth the money, i know this because i have two pair. for big headphones sony and skull candy are nice and reasonable.

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    There's a guy at ma gym who wears big headphones over his hoodie he look like a right tit.

Blog Entries
    Why not go for beats earbuds? They're much better than regular earbuds, and don't look repulsive because they're small and IMO they look pretty nice.

Again though, they're fairly expensive but they're great at blocking out sound as well as projecting a good bass and they can get VERY loud if you want them to.

I myself, have a pair of cyan and black monster DNA's that are IMO way better than beats and you don't look as much of a tool in them as beats either. To each his own though. If a person can rock it, they can wear it.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    I just use Crapple EarPods - But my woman has the pink Beats. They sound great, but I hate the feeling of earmuffs over my whole ear while working out.

I bought my kids the Beats one earbud and one the bigger over ear when I was in Vietnam last spring, they are considered knock offs but they are the same as the originals except the registration numbers are already active, I paid $25 US for the buds and $40 for the bigger ones. The kids love them, and for that price you can't go wrong, but I wouldn't wear the big ones, the buds I would.

Thread Information