View Poll Results: What pisses you off THE MOST at the gym?

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • Waiting for equipment

73 23.03%
  • People asking when you'll be "done with that"

34 10.73%
  • People that offer bad advice

60 18.93%
  • Bad Music

82 25.87%
  • Kids that get in the way

31 9.78%
  • Other

37 11.67%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Originally posted by chevy44
    what i hate most is those skinny "wannabe thugs" kids who dont know a DAMN thing abuot what they're doing, they come in they're, denim jeans, and wife beaters, walk around and disrespect the females, i also hate those fags that stare all the time, like they've never seen a 16 yr old bench 300lbs
    LOL!!!

Dude, with all due respect, if I saw a 16 year old bench 300lbs I would stare too! Cuz that's a damn impressive weight!

Lucky for me, if kids come into our University gym with improper gym clothing (jeans, jacket, etc...) they will be asked to leave! That is the only real good part about it. Also, people in my univ. gym, after time kinda build respect for you. Even though on the inside they probably hate the bigger guys, they still show respect. People like me and my friend who have been working out there for two years, 5 days a week, we have become part of the "regulars" who are ALWAYS in the gym. There are about 30-40 REGULARS who workout there, throughout the day. The rest who come in are just jokers, who will quite, or come and go every other week or month!

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I cannot stand it when some schmuck loads up a bar or machine with his weight...then fucking walks off and leaves it there for the next person to unload!! I've come so close to bitch-slapping a few people for this....take the extra 60 seconds and rack your weight!!

Originally posted by majorpecs
    I cannot stand it when some schmuck loads up a bar or machine with his weight...then fucking walks off and leaves it there for the next person to unload!! I've come so close to bitch-slapping a few people for this....take the extra 60 seconds and rack your weight!!

I do this sometimes

However I think it depends, if we finish with the flat bench, we will usually leave the 45's on (just one) to make it 135. We assume whoever is gonna bench can at least hit that much. When we do shrugs, we will leave the 45's on as well. I guess it kind of depends. But usually we try to remove all the plates, cuz it can sure be a pain in the ass. Especially if someone just did leg press with 6 plates on each side!!!

georgie24 is offline Member
    WHAT PISSES ME OFF ? WHEN THERE ARE PEOPLE AT THE GYM

I just realized something else today! I hate when people stand right in front of the mirror where YOU are working out! I was on cables today doing chest, and some dumbass walks up to the weight rack, lifts up some dumbells and starts doing shrugs RIGHT THERE! I'm like fucks sake!!! And this other guy is walking back and forth RIGHT in front of me, and he even looks me straight in the eye, I'm like WTF?!?

Big Rhino is offline Junior Member
    What pisses me off is that little 5ft. nothing 102lb munshkin that does nothing but stare at himself in the mirror and does like 18 sets of flies with 10lbers.( my wife uses 15's) and then comes over to you and offers advice.

Get away from me DICK
    RHINO

Originally posted by Big Rhino
    What pisses me off is that little 5ft. nothing 102lb munshkin that does nothing but stare at himself in the mirror and does like 18 sets of flies with 10lbers.( my wife uses 15's) and then comes over to you and offers advice.

Get away from me DICK
    RHINO
    I agree, except for the height part I'm a short guy, 5'6, there are tall guys who don't know wut they are doing either

MysticGohan is offline Junior Member
    I was thinking about this post yesterday in the gym.

I was going to do db bench presses so i head to 70's, and what do you know there's this chick that looks like a dude doing dumbell flyes with 25's in front of the 65's - 70's. So i had to take the 70's all the way down the to a open bench in the lighter dumbell section.

That and guys at the lat pull down machine who sling there body back just to get the weight down and following the weight back up just to repeat the process

Originally posted by MysticGohan
    I was thinking about this post yesterday in the gym.

That and guys at the lat pull down machine who sling there body back just to get the weight down and following the weight back up just to repeat the process

I see that ALL the time in my gym!!!

Me and my friend call those the "lying down pulldowns"

They lean SO far back each rep, it looks almost as if they are lying down on the ground!!!!!!!!

Decoder is offline Banned
    i get really pissed when i see some amazingly hot girl with a killer body from working out for years,then their husband/boyfriend sap who is with them is usally fat or real skinny hasnt shaved in days just looks like a slob! why dont hot girls want guys that work out just like them? i wont go out with a girl unless she works out. I FUCKING RAGE WHEN I SEE THAT.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    I hate when guys bring their girlfriends in. They just giggle and ruin the whole atmosphere

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by dane26
    i can't stand 140 lb tough guys in wife beaters who strut around the gym with thier arms up like they have a rash under their arms. (everybody knows the guys i'm talking about). i also can't stand the people who make a steriod comment everytime they see a big guy. that guy may have juiced, but he worked his ass off to get that big. don't put a guy down, as if he sat on his couch and got that big. if people don't want to supplement with AS that's fine, but i can't stand people who bash those of us who work hard, eat right, and push thier bodies to new levels
    I agree totally. And i have to say i hate it when people ask to work in whne they cant even do 1/2 the weight i am. I'd love to tell them all lift heavy and hard or get the fuk out.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    When a guy busts his ass stinken up the place, then walks away leaving you looking like the one who did it. And don't you know it there's always a hot chick right there looking at you like you're a stinkin' pig.

SilverSiR is offline Junior Member
    Originally posted by skid

OK, SO YOU'VE GOT A HUGE SCHLONG ... YOU DON'T NEED TO TAKE YOUR ENTIRE SHOWER FACING ME JUST TO MAKE SURE I SEE IT. I'M NOT COMING ANY WHERE *NEAR* THAT THING, SO TURN THE F*CK AROUND!
    Yeah sorry buddy i'll turn around and show you my nice chiseled ass instead.

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    i hate it when i can overhear people (guys) saying to each other how they think girls with abs showing and muscular tone look like men... they are usually the 6'2" 100 pound guys who are soooooooo jealous of EVERYONE else in the gym that they are dripping envy instead of sweat

mfenske is offline Member
    It's almost like someone created this post just for me. Here are a few of my biggies.
    -OLD PEOPLE. I know I shouldn't be mean to them, but I ask this. Do they really need to listen to CNN at full volume. We already know the president is an idiot, so why share it with everyone else. There is a guy at my gym who always comes in when I am trying to do cardio and while I am watching Sportscenter (on mute mind you) feeels the need to use the remote to turn on CNN to full volume, and while doing so proceeds to change the channel on my tv. I just wanna kick that guy in the junk.
    I also like the old ladies with the 3 pound weights who don't go any heavier, and I quote "The heavier ones are too hard". Did I miss something? Isn't that the point?
    -NAKED OLD PEOPLE. The only thing worse than an old person is one who seems to reject the notion of clothing. If I wanted to see someone's genital drag across the floor I would ask. I have seen more cases of NOMB's (Naked Old Man Balls) in the 3 years of working out than I can stand.
    -Chronic Bench Pressers. Title says it all. There is some numbnuts at my gym who not only benches 3 times a week, but proceeds to bounce every single rep off his chest. The best part, he has his girlfriend doing it too, and now he taught her his secret weapon. The mighty back arch.
    The hardcore chronic bencher will of course follow up with the only other true muscle group. Biceps.
    -Women who go too light. "I don't want to get big". Here's a hint. Your backside is already huge. Drop the fives and get a workout. My wife lifts to her maximum potential and the bodyfat keeps dropping and her strength and definition increase. Fancy that.

Some of you guys and girls put fat people, and I respect that. I must say as a former fat guy (and still fatter than I'd like) I think you all should give those guys some props. It takes a lot of courage to not only start working out when you are very overweight, but even more to persevere when it seems that everyone in the place is in better shape than you and makes progress daily while you seem to stay the same. Then the amazing happens, you don't notice the changes in your body but your co-workers and friends and family do. In the beginning that's what spurred me on, to go further. So here I am three years later, a self-proclaimed, former fatty turned musclehead. Mark

Originally posted by mfenske
    We already know the president is an idiot, so why share it with everyone else.
    classic democrat, i bet dixie chicks are your favorite aren't they

WS6_KID is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by Big Al

Nuff said.........

Oh actually no I'm gonna rant here.........Gym Managers who reckon I'm going too heavy and that I should go lighter, I will use all of the fucking weight! I will pile the leg press machine I will bench a bending bar, I will do anything I fucking like cos I pay my fucking membership and I don't kill people, And I bloody could you know...........get off my fucking machine, do not use my dumbells, don't even look in the direction of my pullover machine.......and don't ask me a question like " what does that do then?" or "that looks heavy for me" man you wouldn't know the meaning of the word, I know what you trying to do, your with you g/f and you feel less of a man cos I w/u on weights you can only dream about....well who cares I've worked hard to get here.......DO NOT STARE ME OUT! Cos I wasn't always big before I was big I was just nasty........

gotta love those test rushes!

LOL

Peace my friends and I hope you fair well in your gym environment.

BA

DAYUUUUM nice rant!

956Vette is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by withoutd0ubt

classic democrat, i bet dixie chicks are your favorite aren't they

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    I hate those little prepy boys that can't seem to lift without backstreet boys or justin timberlake. This irritates me to no end.

alevok Guest
    people who ask what I am taking and some dumbasses who occupy bench presses for dumbell curls.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    All those piss me off but lately I really have a issue with dumb asses who get on the tred mill and drag their feet!! For like a hour to a half hour or what ever time they are on the fooking tred mill they drag their fooking feet and let their shoes squeek!!! THIS SHIT IS ANNOYING!!! The other day the guy was using this simulated cross country machine and the damm things was squeaking for a fooking hour. The thing that gets me is that there is 2 of the machines and the other one doesn't do the squeaking noise. What a asshole!!!! How coud he not notice that horrible sound??? I hate dumb fooks in the gym!!!
    Last edited by abstrack; 05-26-2003 at 11:51 AM.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    Just saw the funniest shit today I couldnt go to sleep at 1 in the morning with my brither I after a couple of lifts a fat guy walkin in like he owns the place and whats the first thing he does stars at HIMSELF for like 5 min. in the mirror why I dont know he was to fat for anything to show so then he starts to life he does the bd bench with the 25LBS weights and does them all wrong and is haveing a hard time with it after all that crap grunting while he is lifting he gets up and stars AT HIMSELF in the mirror again like a complete dumbass I was laphin my ass off what a dumb bitch acting like hes the shit. Then he gets the nerve to start staring at me when I lift which pissed me off even more man people these days.

wrstlr69sdnl , i hope that's a typo in your sig because if you're doing 800 mg ED of enan you seriously might die

wow this thread is still here. (Good job Excess) Let me tell you another thing that bothers me aboput the gym.... People who sit aroound and watch other peolple make fools of them selves... you guys getting a full workout? Yor eyes are! what do you care what other people are doing unless your trying to leanr something new? I do agree with the shitty trainers though

platinum is offline Associate Member
    The f'ing horrible music in my gym drives me absolutely nuts! I wear a walkman when working out, but the 30 seconds it takes me to put it on is enough.

Really, how am I supposed to lift to "Miami Sound Machine" or some such nonsense?

Platinum

caseyviator is offline Banned

posting polls

for "what pisses you off at the gym""

damm hypersensitive boys

SMP008 is offline New Member
    i hate people who talk on there cell phones and have them on there belts while working out, fag gym owners and old people blow drying their sack uh thats gross

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by SMP008
    and old people blow drying their sack uh thats gross

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    ha great thread ... goes back a few years!!!

I just realized something else today! I hate when people stand right in front of the mirror where YOU are working out!
    Def. one of my top ten!!!

Also, when I'm between sets and some old f*ck comes over and just jumps right on the machine/bench without even considering I've got a few more sets to go.

OR .. on that rare occassion when I do let some dumbass work in with me he breaks down my weight or changes my machine settings!!! If you can't do the weight I'm doing then "wait" your turn!!!!

AND .. ANYONE that talks to me ... can't you see I'm wearing a f*cking walkman and can't hear you!!!!

caturpilar is offline Associate Member
    big dudes that forgot were they came from. I go to the gym to workout I'm small but sh*t give me some credit. Its not like I run around the gym with "invisible lat syndrome". I workout hard and go home. Nothin like a good pump. I just hate guys who think just cause your 160lbs your just using up space it can really demotivate a person, thats why it took so long for me to get back into it. Good thing for AR, I appriciate all the people on these boards who are out there to help anyone. I've learned a lot. Thanks bb's

bouya_ak is offline Junior Member
    guys that bench more than they can squat

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    Originally posted by bouya_ak
    guys that bench more than they can squat
    baa there is no need to do legs, they arent important, they only carry the weight of the arms and chest that i've built up so big

I'd say the thing that bothers me about my gym is that people try and stare me down all the time, i dont know why, i think because its a club not a hardcore gym, their certainly not staring at me for my Mr Olympia size muscles, although i am tall and appear big, i'm definetely not.

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    I hate it when some fooker stands in front of the mirror, when it's obviously my turn to look at myself !

Seriously, I hate people who clank the weights on every rep get some form will you !

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by TANK01
    I hate it when some fooker stands in front of the mirror, when it's obviously my turn to look at myself !
    The nerve of them.... I hate that too

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    1.People who throw the dumbells so that they land on end and get bent to shit. Thanks alot ashole. Now you fucked them up for everybody you selfish prick. If you're gone drop the dumbells it can be done so they land flat on the bottoms of both sides. No damage. Oh. Perhaps that's not noisy and dramatic enough for you.

2. Don't do tricep kickbacks or any thing else leaning on the dumbell rack or stand directly in front of it.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    EVERYTHING pisses me off...i rage when im not on AS...I want to make a gym that "R" rated...loud ass hard core music, A/C on 80 not 65, More than one set of heavy dumbells, and absolutly no girls allowed...Yeah its nice to check out chicks, and i have gotten a few dates from the gym, but is it really necessary???HELL NO! They get in the F'Way.

#1 thing that pisses me off (happened last week) When your doing some standing chest flys between to cable racks, and you stop to catch a breather and walk about 10 steps away and turn around and some skinny ass PRICK has a "V" bar attached to do "full body pressdowns" with 40 F*CKin pounds. I could of choked him and felt really damn good about it, but i just told him to move somewhere else and threw the V bar on the ground...I think he got the point, atleast i dont have to worry about him being in my way anymore!

People are retarded!

Bigboy123 is offline Senior Member
    There should have been all of the above on that one.... I hate old people that are on equipment and have no clue what they r doin, and just try to show of by doin as much weight as possible, but with the worst form possible..... Well my list goes on and on.... I dont even feel like gettin started on this subject because ill be here forever..

Roidfever is offline Associate Member
    I hate them guys that are always talking bull**** about how bad they look, but at the same time are not willing to diet, suffer in the gym and drink beer as much as they can. **** them!

The second thing that bothers me is waiting for equipment, especially when it's the former boys who are using it.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Skinny ****'s that think they're big....Wear the wifebeaters or whatever (they disgrace my wifebeaterness) 12 inch guns do not mean you need to wear sleevless shirts! When you hit 15, you're good to go!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread Information