Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired

Anyone had a nose job?

Thinking about getting septoplasty/rhinoplasty - granted, while steve martin stated that a large shnoz was a fine way to please 2 women at once - the several times my nose has been broken does affect my breathing I think and it would look a little better perhaps if it were fixed.

Wondering - how long did it really take to heal? - Im naturally thinking of hitting the GH and some test/var pretty strong to helpthe process a bit - maybe some IGF as well if I can ever get it.

Whats the results you had? how did you find a good doc for it? what did it cost? my injuries are fairly old so I doubt I can get insurance to cover it.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Say, does that thing there influence the tides?
    Couldn't resist

This site has quite a few FAQ's
    http://www.aboutrhinoplasty.com/faq.htm

and this is the nuber to the AAFPRS which helps in finding board certified facial plastic surgeons 800-332-FACE

MBaraso is offline Retired Mod
    My friends sister had one done not too long ago.
    She said it was painful post surgery and she had a small white cast type of thing she had to have on her nose for a few weeks, but after everything was said and done she looked a hell of alot better.
    I think it was around $2500 for the whole package, but don't quote me on that.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by Pheedno
    Say, does that thing there influence the tides?
    Couldn't resist

CYC,
    I had my nose crushed in a fight when I was 18. As a result I had to have part of both eye sockets and my nose reconstructed. Unless your nose IS so big it’s affecting the tides I wouldn't do it... I was MISERABLE for 2 weeks after,,, bled like a stuck pig for 3 days, and had cotton shoved all the way to my brain, which had to be changed every other day... No way in hell I'd put myself thru that shit for the sake of male vanity... come on man... how pretty do you need to be?!?

But now that I think about it,,, your surgery will be a little less drastic so you may not have the post trauma I did...
    Last edited by ripped4fsu; 06-17-2003 at 08:02 PM.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    You guys gotto learn how to stand up for yourselves. Everyone of you gets beat up alot it seems
    Only had my nose broken once, i was 9 and my brother throwed me in a wall. he was 24 at the time.
    Is your nose crocked cyc? I have like a little thing pointing out from the base.

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    about 3 times (i think, cant remember them all) never broken in a fight tho - I was always smart enough to protect my lovely face - used to motorcross, and did a buch of other wild stuff - face has several scars - my nose is big but no, I probably am not the patron saint of surfers or called cyrano as I walk by. couple of weeks I can live with but I cant be down a long time - I would like it so that my airways are as open as possible - I am about to start high altitude climbing and Im thinking it might have an effect with a deviated septum.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    my dad had surgery to repair his nose after having it broken so many times that he couldn't breathe through it at all. he said the difference was night and day, it was completely functional again.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    My friend has a nose job. His doctor said he had a deviated septum (no idea what that is) and basically rebroke his nose, set it straight, and shaved off some of the bone. He went from having a huge, crooked nose to having a normal nose. He also claimed his insurance paid for it... doc pulled some strings (friend of the family)

Not sure how long it took to heal.

Polska is offline Anabolic Member
    I had a rhinoplasty done 6-7 years ago. it was the best thing I've ever done. my nose used to be crooked from bad sleeping habits - basically having my nose pressed to the pillow lying on my side, when I was a child. It interfered with my breathing and caused frequent nose bleeds. I went to see a doctor and got the operation covered under my insurance plan. didn't have to pay a cent and they took a good chunk off the front too... my nose was bigger than average.

right now you could never tell i've had it done, no scarring, no indication of surgery. it's perfectly straight and definately looks better. be ready for some drastic changes in your appearance if you do it - it will compliment and to a degree chage the apperance of your entire face.

i was in hardcore pain for about a week after surgery, slamming down tylenols like candy. the cast came off around the 10th day mark. i did have cotton stuffed up in there to control bleeding... it seemed like they were pulling metres of it out later.

the whole healing process takes longer than a week though, and your nose will change in appearance as the swelling goes down. a good three months after the surgery you'll have a good idea what the final result looks like, although i was told that the full healing process can take 6-12 months. hope this helps bro.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    GOOD LUCK WITH THE SURGERY BRO!......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone had a nose job?-hook.jpg  

Tapout is offline Senior Member
    i take a couple of months off and big kev is back---good to see ya back

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    very good to see kev back.

bigkev is offline Scamming Traitor
    whats up guys? i'm not back, just busting cycleon's balls.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    now that's funny. Oh, looking large as usual kev

Thread Information