Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer

What kind of games do you play??

I used to be a big time gamer playing nonstop all day. But got sic of it 2 years ago.
    But anyway every now and then a great game gets released and I cant stay away from it last game that good was Neverwinter nights and before that Max Payne.

So what are your favorit games?

My top list would be:
    1. Starcraft(damn did I play that alot on battlenet)
    2. Fallout (both 1 and 2, best rpgs ever!!)
    3. Baldurs gate (almost beats fallout 2, throne of bhaal is one of the hardest games I have ever played).
    4. x-com 3 apocalypse(holy shit this game was GOOD!!!)
    5. Action Quake 2(good damn adicting)
    6. Total Annihilation(this was SO funny but way to hardware demanding)
    7. Goldeneye(fuck I have never spent so much time on a game, so fun to play multiplayer)
    8. Diablo 1(cant say it was that good, but still I played it alot, something about it was absolutely addicting)
    9. x-com 1 and 2(never finished those games because they where so fucking hard to beat)
    10. Newerwinternights(have not tried multiplayer otherwise Im sure it would have been on top of the list).

And just have to mention classics like Killer Instinct(to n64 not super nintendo), Zelda(all of them), Super mario, Doom. Those games brought me so much fun when I was a kid.
    Max Payne also deservs to be mentioned because it so fucking fun and adiciting, best no brain shooter ever!!

jarrett is offline Senior Member
    i have a gaming problem.. if i dont get at least 3 hours a day of comand and conquere or warcraft III, i'll break out in hives etc..

palme is offline Rosie Member
    I dont play anything now. Used to play Quake2 (i was good at this game!), starcraft, C&C and playstation.

Originally posted by palme
    I dont play anything now. Used to play Quake2 (i was good at this game!), starcraft, C&C and playstation.
    I never got any good at quake 2, not at action quake 2 either. But in starcraft I was king(atleast in my mind lol ) Unfortunaly I didnt play ladder much so didnt get as good as I should have been.

chevy44 is offline Member
    vice city and knockout kings!

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    quake 2 and quake 3 were my favorite computer games...i was playing simcity 4 a few months ago.

i just don't have the time now that i am back from school.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Playstation 2 is awesome. The new Matrix is not hard but it is way fun to play. The fighting platform is awesome. Yeah I used to play total anialation on the comp along with command and conquer. Now its either I play games all night or do other stuff. There is no happy middle. I will either be addicted and have to play all the time or I need to stay away and be active.
    SOCOM online is great also

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    QUAKE III Excessive MOD. I was ranked in the top 3 in the world for best 1 vs 1 fighters. I played 12 hours a day. Now i don't play at all.Too many kids fuck the game up with cheats. Damn kids!!!!!!!!

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Originally posted by LORDBLiTZ
    QUAKE III Excessive MOD. I was ranked in the top 3 in the world for best 1 vs 1 fighters. I played 12 hours a day. Now i don't play at all.Too many kids fuck the game up with cheats. Damn kids!!!!!!!!
    What nick did you use?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    excessive was a load of shit for a MOD...with all the weapon spam any yahoo could be good...

i played TDM/CTF for some reputable clans when i played, so i can only laugh when you brag about being great at excessive.

for anyone who doesn't know, this is the equivalent of a bodybuilder using machines and bragging versus one who uses free weights. the free weights are the real deal while machines are just crap.

mammoth is offline Member
    Video Games are bad mmmmmkay!!

Seriously though, I used to be a huge gamer. Sitting in front of a computer for hours at a time for years did nothing but turn me into a vegetable. I gained weight and lost alot of motivation to do anything. Just recently my computer got hit by a power surge and I have refused to replace it simply because I have accepted the fact that I will never be able to achieve my goals if I don't get rid of that distraction. No more vegetating in front of a computer screen for me.

Its bad enough that I sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day at work, so I'll be damned if I am going to go home and do it. I personally think that is the main reason why kids are getting fatter by the minute in this day and age. The parents refuse to make there kids put down the game controllers and go outside and play like normal children.

If you have dreams of becoming a muscular freak like me, then remember this....If you are playing games you are not training. If you aint training, you aint growing. When I say training I am referring to the whole schebang (training, eating, cardio, sleeping and etc...). This is just my opinion though and doesn't mean that everyone should have to do this.

Originally posted by mammoth

Seriously though, I used to be a huge gamer. Sitting in front of a computer for hours at a time for years did nothing but turn me into a vegetable. I gained weight and lost alot of motivation to do anything. Just recently my computer got hit by a power surge and I have refused to replace it simply because I have accepted the fact that I will never be able to achieve my goals if I don't get rid of that distraction. No more vegetating in front of a computer screen for me.

Its bad enough that I sit in front of a computer 8 hours a day at work, so I'll be damned if I am going to go home and do it. I personally think that is the main reason why kids are getting fatter by the minute in this day and age. The parents refuse to make there kids put down the game controllers and go outside and play like normal children.

If you have dreams of becoming a muscular freak like me, then remember this....If you are playing games you are not training. If you aint training, you aint growing. When I say training I am referring to the whole schebang (training, eating, cardio, sleeping and etc...). This is just my opinion though and doesn't mean that everyone should have to do this.
    Yeah I aggre, games are so fucking addicting that your just sitting there and all of a sudden 5 hours have passed and you havent eaten anything.
    But ohhh what a fun addiction it can be sometimes

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by mammoth

EEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeexaclty! Preach on brother man!

Well, I am not much of a video game player, but one of my favorite games would be naked twister in a big tub of lime jello with 6 college nymphomaniacs.

I am quite fortunate in that I have a VERY low attention span when it comes to video games

Gimme the best game in the world and within less than half an hour I am completely fed up and move on to more interesting stuff.

Red

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    within the past years:

1. Baldurs gate 2 (with TOB)
    2. Baldurs gate 1 (with TOSC)
    these 2 have the best story line of any. not to mention getting it one with the ladies.

3. Planescape:Torment
    4. Warcraft (2?) I don't remember which one. great MP game.

second tier: Fallout 2, Quake 2, IWD, IWD2, Neverwinter nights (but this is meant as a game creation tool not an adventure although they include one). Starcraft

Ive played other stuff, they arent memorable though. right now i am in the middle of NWN to pass time. gettin board though.

Originally posted by jeffylyte
    within the past years:

1. Baldurs gate 2 (with TOB)
    2. Baldurs gate 1 (with TOSC)
    these 2 have the best story line of any. not to mention getting it one with the ladies.

3. Planescape:Torment
    4. Warcraft (2?) I don't remember which one. great MP game.

second tier: Fallout 2, Quake 2, IWD, IWD2, Neverwinter nights (but this is meant as a game creation tool not an adventure although they include one). Starcraft

Ive played other stuff, they arent memorable though. right now i am in the middle of NWN to pass time. gettin board though.
    This is a man with good taste right here
    planescape: Torment is awsome!! Cant belive I forgot that one.
    Whats your favorit class and race in those games??
    BTW know any good modules to NWN??

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Originally posted by daem

excessive was a load of shit for a MOD...with all the weapon spam any yahoo could be good...

i played TDM/CTF for some reputable clans when i played, so i can only laugh when you brag about being great at excessive.

for anyone who doesn't know, this is the equivalent of a bodybuilder using machines and bragging versus one who uses free weights. the free weights are the real deal while machines are just crap.

HAHAHAHA!!!! You all sound the same Can't cut the fast action MOD so you have to play with the girls in CTF.Sorry but ur the kinda guy i would look for the whole map and just go after you!!! 1 vs 1 Spam and pre spawn kill on DM 17 will make any noob leave for plain Q3

I like my games the same as my body,eXceSSive Az FuK

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm an old school gamer...Colecovision rocks!

1. Ladybug
    2. Venture
    3. Zaxxon
    4. Turbo
    5. Q-bert
    6. Smurfs
    7. Donkey Kong Jr
    8. Popeye
    9. Omega Race
    10. Gorf

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i also stopped playing games seriously like 2 years ago. i still dabble now though. here's what i've been though (in order):

1) mudding
    2) quake 2 lithium
    3) starcraft
    4) quake 3 urban terror
    5) everquest
    6) empire earth

on the console:
    all the final fantasies
    soulcalibur
    dead or alive 3

special note about quake 2 lithium and soulcalibur: i was ranked something ridiculous, like 32nd in the world in quake 2 lithium. i think you can still see my ranking on the clq website. and i've only know of one person in the world that can beat me in soulcalibur. most anyone i see, i can bet them that i can beat them 30 to 0 or i'll give em 100 bucks...=P

i gave up video games for a good body though...and lemmie say, i'm liking the payoff...=)

-- clocky baby

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    quake 3 urban terror huh.So i guess you know MeatGrinder and the rest of the XTC boyz?

quake 3 urban terror huh.So i guess you know MeatGrinder and the rest of the XTC boyz?
    its been like 6 or more months since i've played. XTC i remember, but i can't remember the members. hmm...northernaliance i remember...and there were a few others that stood out...

-- C

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    im am disgusted

Age of Conquerors the expansion to Age of Kings (age of empires 2)
    best strategy game ever

And halo is the best console game___ used to have lan parties with friends (well not really friends they were all nerds but crap its video games) 16 freaking players going at it jeeps grenades tanks rocket launchers all blasting away oh man it was orgasmic. I used to be able to kill a running elite with one shot at about 1000 yds with the sniper rifle. just waiting for halo 2 now.

Im not much into single player multiplayer is the way to go but i cant play 3d shooters cause my comp sucks the balls. I tried quake 2 but my lag was so bad (around 400-800ms ping)i was blasted with railgun before i even saw the guy come around the corner. this is why i play Age of Conquerors because i usually keep a 300ms ping and that is great for that game.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    Originally posted by johan

This is a man with good taste right here
    planescape: Torment is awsome!! Cant belive I forgot that one.
    Whats your favorit class and race in those games??
    BTW know any good modules to NWN??
    i havent got to any modules yet. you can go to planetneverwinter or the bioware and get both official and unofficial modules. they even have concensus ratings and how much they are downloaded. I have downloaded some, but havent played. also, the expansion is out. it also has another module if i remember correctly along with new skills, feats, prestige classes, monsters and the like.

as for race and class: hmm, in BG1 (with TOSC) nd BG2 I was a elven fighter mage. and replayed as a kensai for the TOB expansion. For NWN I am a halfling thief2/monk X. only took the thief for initial Traps and Locks abilities. i know kinda munchkin, but I don't use henchmen... ever. For the expansio (if I ever play) prolly dwarven fighter. all those feats...mmmboy

on another note, in planescape, did anybody ever cast mechanus canon? the single most awesome game spell ever created. if you casted it you know why

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Chinese checkers
    Chess
    Parchesi
    Hard to top these . . . and no batteries required . . .

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    God, I forgot about those old games. Atari, intellivision, etc. The tanks with the bouncing bullets that just bounce around the maze til it hits you or your opponent. Awesome.

tt333 is offline Senior Member
    When are they going to make a bodybuilding game? Where you have like go to power meeting contest and if you win you get some money and save up for juice. Then you could enter competitions. That would be fucking great. Go threw roid rage and kick everybodys ass in the gym.

Originally posted by lloyd_cannon
    Age of Conquerors the expansion to Age of Kings (age of empires 2)
    best strategy game ever
    doode, you gotta check out empire earth. made by the same guy who did age of empires/kings/conquerors. empire earth puts ALL real time strategies to shame. its the biggest and the best. multiple epochs (time frames), from prehistoric, to modern to futuristic. >hundreds< of different units, not just a few different ones like warcraft III (blah). and its still perfectly balanced!

check it out...=)

-- clocky baby

Originally posted by jeffylyte

i havent got to any modules yet. you can go to planetneverwinter or the bioware and get both official and unofficial modules. they even have concensus ratings and how much they are downloaded. I have downloaded some, but havent played. also, the expansion is out. it also has another module if i remember correctly along with new skills, feats, prestige classes, monsters and the like.

as for race and class: hmm, in BG1 (with TOSC) nd BG2 I was a elven fighter mage. and replayed as a kensai for the TOB expansion. For NWN I am a halfling thief2/monk X. only took the thief for initial Traps and Locks abilities. i know kinda munchkin, but I don't use henchmen... ever. For the expansio (if I ever play) prolly dwarven fighter. all those feats...mmmboy

on another note, in planescape, did anybody ever cast mechanus canon? the single most awesome game spell ever created. if you casted it you know why
    Damn never uses henchmen that must be thought(but I do aggre its a little to easy with them).
    Have to get my hands on the expansion didnt know it was released. But I hate the fact that they havent raised the level cap in it argh
    Dont think I ever had that spell unfortunaly cant remember it anyway. But god did I love the spell effects in planescape, it was a truly beautifull game.

nj juice is offline Member

Re: What kind of games do you play??

Originally posted by johan
    but way to hardware demanding)
    7. Goldeneye(fuck I have never spent so much time on a game, so fun to play multiplayer)
    [/B]
    That game used to be the shit! Loved multi-player, used to skip high school back in the day with a bunch of friends and that would be all we did was play video games and get high. ( the good old days) goldeneye was the best game im multiplayer, high as hell, trying to snipe people out.

Thread Information