clockworks is offline Anabolic Member

Angry crappy people, hating on fitness...

ok, so most of us here are into working out, lifting, or bodybuilding. its like our hobby and for a lot of people more than that. we like to talk about our hobbies, right? maybe its just in austin (damn hippy town), or maybe its just the crowd i run with...either way, i get sooooo much damn shit being into the whole "working out, trying to look good thing". since when did doing a shit load of drugs and looking like crap become such the norm?

here are some examples:

1) in the hot tub with like 4 guy friends and some girls we met there. not that i'm super buff or anything at all, but i'm >much MUCH< more in shape than any of the guys there (the girls weren't much of lookers either). so we're talking and one of the girls is talking about how the fitness center at her apartment is so great and all and how she doesn't have to join a gym because of it. i say something along the lines of "if the dumbells don't go over 50lbs, its pretty much useless and i have to pay to join a gym". and they snort and say something about me being pretentous! grr, made me mad.

2) so after one of our parties i go downstairs in my boxers to have breakfast and my protein shake. my roommate and the girl he's with are down there. the girl starts asking me about the protein i'm taking. then she asks me about my goals and desired weight. after a few more questions, i realize she's making fun of me. i was so pissed, i blew up and started saying what a druggie piece of shit she was, how she's so thin its repulsive and that she's doing nothing with her life and at least i'm doing something positive and constructive for myself and my body.

3) my coke head roommate and his coke head gf repulse me on a day to day basis. its gotten to the point where i like to walk around shirtless just to make them feel bad about themselves...>=) to give yall an idea of their physiques: she has a meth problem (a serious one, i.e. like skin discoloration. me and my other roommate call her "colgate" cuz she's so pasty) and the guy just got outta rehab for his meth problem. they eat fast food for, i kid you not, 3-4 meals a day even late at night at like 3am, ice cream in the fridge 24/7, and tons of value packs of candy bars. and here's the kicker. they kinda hold their noses up at me for working out and dieting...as if they have some higher level of knowledge that i'm "just not getting".

4) it just seems that every girl i meet in austin automatically starts making assumptions about me and my ego once i get into the fact that i'm really big into bodybuilding. its like its so freaking "cool" to be hippied out here and smoke pot, etc. i mean its like i'm automatically labelled a meathead or jock...which couldn't be further from the truth...=P

anyways, anyone else have any opinions on this stuff?

-- clocky baby

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    people always have fucking attitudes against those that workout seriously.
    Im not big at all but still I get haters here in my town(tiny shithole so me and my buddy are like the only ones that workout seriously and we are by far bigger then anyone else our age here, but that just means everyone else is skinny).
    Last time I was on the pub a tiny assholes starts messing with me just because I was there in a tank top, but he was so phatetic that I just laughed it of I also know that if I had given the asshole what he deserved he would have gathered every low life friend of his and made my life hell for a while.

most people cant accept our lifestyle and either look down on it or try to make fun of us so they can feel better themself. But every now and then you meet honest people that can openly admit that they admire the work we put into this and thats always nice.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    the most anoying people here is the lasy asses that workouts maby once or twice a week(always bench and biceps) and that is so jelous because they wont grow.
    They always gets a attitude like they are the shit just because they workout alittle.
    They do all they can to smear shit over the serious hardcore people.

durbin22 is offline Member
    It sounds like you need a new place to live. I know what you mean about the haters out there. No mater where you go they will always be there. Stick to your goals and screw everyone else.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I know what you mean but my friends are no where as bad as yours. They just bust my balls all the time because of the way I eat, time I spend at the gym, and when I go on any vacations my first priority is to find a gym near by.

Originally posted by hercules88
    hey in 10 years when your swole as a mofo and they are on corners sucking dick for crack you will have the last laugh my friend.

Hear hear bro!

Red

redrock is offline Member
    I have to deal with this on a daily basis at school. The only people who look halfway decent do because of genetics. They get high every night, eat crap and still look good. Nobody is into lifting like I am. People workout, but nobody gives a rats ass about nutrition or rest. They'll see though, they'll see...

Strut99GT is offline Member
    Originally posted by durbin22
    It sounds like you need a new place to live. I know what you mean about the haters out there. No mater where you go they will always be there. Stick to your goals and screw everyone else.
    I agree with durbin 100%. I can see your new home...it's going to come to me in a second...oh yes, FORT WORTH! For the love of God, PLEASE!!! hehe

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Clockworks- You do need a new place....away from druggie looseres. I would be afraid of getting busted and being guilty by association! Sorry if your roomie is your friend but he is a huge looser and if rehab did him no good then he was not trying and doesn't care!

But let me just say this.....not EVERYONE in Austin smokes pot and eats Mexican food.....I don't! I love Austin, it's my home. Yes it is a very laid back city with a large music scene, but there are a lot of fitness minded people here. Maybe you are just hanging out with the wrong crowd in the really wrong scene? Don't expect to find a lot of modern metropolatin type folks here.That's what makes Austin what it is. What gym do you workout at?

The other guys are right when they say that wherever you go, there will be people who are jelous and full of hate. When I am faced with that, I just let it roll off my back because I know I am better than that and better than them!

Special "K" is offline New Member
    I live in Austin, too...and yeh, it has it's share of smelly old hippies. However, if you hang with like-minded people (they are out there, just look at Town Lake, lots of people running, etc.) you won't have to defend your lifestyle like you do. Hanging out with cokeheads and meth abusers, I wouldn't expect them to understand the healthy lifestyle...maybe you should make new friends at the gym. I see people out and about from my gym all the time, like on 4th Street (Ludwigs, Cuba Libre, etc.)...it's all about who you can meet and where you go. Surround yourself with people and places with similar interests, and you're gold. Hang out with stoners or at stoner places and well, you get the point.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    id say beat their ass and screw pasty!!

you can come live in my town cause for football mon,tue,thur,fri, we get about 15 guys come into lift in the morning and about 20 that go in at night it is damn awesome I just hope we can win some games this year.

All the druggers that laugh at me im just like whatever im going to go to colledge and your not so fuck off. I think it is all jealousy they want to look good but they dont have the drive and self confidence or boldness to do anything about it.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Fuck them bro, they are losers, addicted to meth...yeah "colgate" is a real catch.
    You are doing something PRODUCTIVE with your life and your body, you will have a fondation that will last when your an old senior. Your roommate and his girl will be dead before there 30´s and probly hafto go trick on the streets to get money for there daily dose.

Fuck them!

chevy44 is offline Member
    i give u props for not falling into their lifestyle! i know way too many people that once cared about themselves, and because of the people they hung around (crackheads, pothead etc) they got all caught up. "fuck them and what they're going thru"

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    Dont let thses losers get u down. Many ppl dont get our types and look us at different especially if u stick out from a crowd. FU*k them all u do what u want.......keep up the good work.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    YEAH AND HOW ABOUT WHEN EVERYBODY IS GOING TO McDONALDS AND YOU DONT WANT TO GO BECAUSE YOU WOULD RATHER HAVE SOMETHING THAT IS ACUALLY KIND OF GOOD FOR YOU. THEN EVERYBODY HATES, SAYING THAT WE THINK THAT WERE TO GOOD FOR THEM OR SOMETHING. IM NOT TO GOOD FOR THEM, IM JUST TO GOOD FOR McDONALDS.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    neva, no kidding man, thats what i'm talking about...that "oh so you're too good for us" kinda attitude.

chevy, heh yeah, lots of people fall into the lifestyle of the people around em, but i've kinda become the opposite. cuz i see it so much and it disgusts me so much, it drives me harder to be on the opposite end of the spectrum...=)

to yall austinites, ichiban and special k, yeah i know, it really isn't the town, its much more of the types of people i'm associated with. but you have to admit, places like austin and boulder, co (and some more that i can't think of now) seems to be more conducive to the druggie lifestyle, no?

hehe, yalls comments are funny...i'm tempted to share some stories about colgate, but then i'd feel pretty immature making fun of someone on the internet without them knowing...=)

-- C

Kato is offline Member
    FUCK the HATERS bro!!!!!!!

Kato

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member
    NEVAENUF can back me up on this one when I say everyone and I mean everyone around hear is into fitness, bodybuilding, working out and shit. They might not know half as much as we know due to the board but I promise you NEVA and me both could name 50 guys that juice around here. Everyone we associate with pretty much is working out hard,bodybuilding, training for something, or just working out to look good. Fuck I feel bad for the people who dont have fitness oriented friends b/c it makes it alot easier. I think I live in fitness city usa...wooo hooooooo....ok maybe not but we do have alot of juice monkeys

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    ...I'd have probs staying on my diet with all that ice cream and candy laying around.....unhealthy motherfuckers...

Thread Information