Jesusbrah is offline Associate Member

Combining bodybuilding and football

***Football as in football:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	g34401_u39505_ronaldinho.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	29.8 KB 
ID:	155397

Gonna start playing football again (semi-professional), and im wondering if its possible to combine it with bodybuilding. Used to play a couple of years ago, and was as skinny as you can be. Dont wanna go back there!

Also, been smoking for the last 3 years (quit 2 weeks ago), and cant walk up a pair of stairs without getting winded.

So my question is, what should i change, diet- and workout-wise without it effecting the gains, and how do i effectivly improve cardiovascular endurance?

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Football as in Soccer, OK got it.

To not loose muscle mass = diet

To gain endurance = practice pushing yourself past your limits each time.

cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member
    Ha try telling a section of Millwall supporters that football is a woman's game

Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle View Post
    Ha try telling a section of Millwall supporters that football is a woman's game
    Do you mean these guys?

Or these guys?

cardifffizzle is offline Junior Member
    Haha! It'll be the 1st picture mate! But it's our national sport so you're bound to be able to find a few comical examples of supporters! You guys may find football (or soccer) a bit soft but a lot of us in the UK struggle with the constant starting and stopping in American football. And all the commercials! What's with all the padding? Have you heard of rugby?

Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle View Post
    Haha! It'll be the 1st picture mate! But it's our national sport so you're bound to be able to find a few comical examples of supporters! You guys may find football (or soccer) a bit soft but a lot of us in the UK struggle with the constant starting and stopping in American football. And all the commercials! What's with all the padding? Have you heard of rugby?
    ha, yeah I know, I'm just poking some fun. I saw the real Millwall fans, some tough looking hooligans.

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Football as in Soccer, OK got it.

To not loose muscle mass = diet

To gain endurance = practice pushing yourself past your limits each time.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    tcw and Honkey_Kong like this.

tcw
    tcw is offline Senior Member
    "...i got it at Macy's....along with my Orange Sneakers....You Like it Pedro?"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggage_54 View Post

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    The constant starting and stopping allows you to run plays and coordinate your defense. It's a physical chess match.

The padding upsets some people..... Tell that to the many who are permanently damaged from brain injuries.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    You will have to keep your protein high and high carbs to combat all the running. Not sure keeping size is a good idea though, you know you need to be slim and fast.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cardifffizzle
    I'm a big supporter of rugby (go All Blacks!), but I find it comical when people say rugby is a tougher sport because they don't use pads....there's a reason rugby players can't high tackle.

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Not sure keeping size is a good idea though, you know you need to be slim and fast.
    That's what I'm thinking

Being all big & beastly trying to keep up on the field doesn't sound like a great idea

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    I'm a big supporter of rugby (go All Blacks!), but I find it comical when people say rugby is a tougher sport because they don't use pads....there's a reason rugby players can't high tackle.
    Real man play rugby.
    League over union anyday tho.

You know that would be an interesting match or matches, 2 big games. US football players vs Rugby players one playing US football and one playing Rugby.

You know that would be an interesting match or matches, 2 big games. US football players vs Rugby players one playing US football and one playing Rugby.
    Doesn't the untied stated of amererican football have like 50 players in a team? You would have to combine australia,new zealand,south africa and england to one big team. You usa people would freak when the kiwis do theree haka

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    I would think bodybuilding would be counterproductive if you're trying to play soccer. All that extra size would cut down on your dexterity and agility and slow you down overall too.

Besides, soccer's fvcking boring anyways. There is more excitement in the stands when the hooligans fight each other than on the field. The only reason it's the most popular sport is because it's one of the cheapest ones to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    I would think bodybuilding would be counterproductive if you're trying to play soccer. All that extra size would cut down on your dexterity and agility and slow you down overall too.

Besides, soccer's fvcking boring anyways. There is more excitement in the stands when the hooligans fight each other than on the field. The only reason it's the most popular sport is because it's one of the cheapest ones to play.
    What else do you expect them to do since it's usually only a 2 or 3 point scoring game overall. The only good thing about watching soccer is when it's high school or college Girls soccer.

What else do you expect them to do since it's usually only a 2 or 3 point scoring game overall. The only good thing about watching soccer is when it's high school or college Girls soccer.
    Yeah, but I'd rather watch lingerie football.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Doesn't the untied stated of amererican football have like 50 players in a team? You would have to combine australia,new zealand,south africa and england to one big team. You usa people would freak when the kiwis do theree haka
    We could compromise. The USA could pick their top 22 athletes, and the rugby players could come with their 22. Regardless, even though the two sports have similar aspects, they are two totally different sports. The USA would dominate them in football, then be dominated in rugby.

P.S. New Zealand's haka is way better than the Kiwi's.

Sorry for the thread hijack, OP!

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    We could compromise. The USA could pick their top 22 athletes, and the rugby players could come with their 22. Regardless, even though the two sports have similar aspects, they are two totally different sports. The USA would dominate them in football, then be dominated in rugby.

P.S. New Zealand's haka is way better than the Kiwi's.

Sorry for the thread hijack, OP!
    Kiwi (people) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    Haha well now I feel stupid! Thanks for the education, sir! For some reason I was thinking it was a different island nation, like Fiji, Samoa, or Tonga.

And the American Eagles rugby team has already seen the haka....just before they get stomped everytime they play the All Blacks. On a side note, even though it's slightly off topic, the New Zealand national basketball team performed the haka in front of the Americans....let's just say it's not as impressive when they get hammered by 30-40 points lol. But, like I said, go All Blacks! (at least their rugby team)

I should also add in response to a comment you made earlier that real men play rugby: Well, a lot of women play rugby as well. But you don't see many women playing American football. Cheers!

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    Thanks !

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Thread Information