• 1 Post By j3374
  • 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By lovbyts
  • 1 Post By Hazard
  • 1 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: First Olympic Lifting meet today

j3374 is offline Associate Member

First Olympic Lifting meet today

Hey all. Just wanted to say, compared to a lot of you beasts, I'm a pretty small guy. I know a lot of you are bodybuilders and have decades in training. I'm not much to look at- at 210 lbs and about 20% bodyfat, I'm just a guy that turned 41 this month and lifts to help keep in shape and improve my Jiu jitsu competition in the master's division. If it wasn't for this and the martial arts, I'd probably be obese and a couch potato (I love my food).

So, I had my first (unsanctioned) oly meet today in an Oregon city (message me if you want to know). Just a practice run for beginners- no singlets required, and they were easy on the rules for a successful lift. I earned a new PR (adrenaline helped) at 60kg for the snatch (132#) and 80kg for the C&J (176#). Now, that's really modest for someone in my weight class, but the main thing (for me) is that I went out and competed, despite being less than impressive. For me, that took some courage and humiliation, lol! I've got friends with 600 lb bench press and more for DL and squat.

It's been almost a decade since my last cycle. It was important to me to get back in relatively decent shape before I enhanced. I've only been back into strength training for the last 9 months. It's been about 5 years since I've touched a weight before that.

Anyway, not world news, just a couple of steps forward in my own personal goals. Wanted some encouragement hopefully to keep me moving forward.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Great job on conquering that comp!! It takes balls to do what you did, be proud!

Best of luck,

~Nach
    j3374 likes this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Job well done. Personally even at my best I could not imagine getting out on a stage.

Yeah there are some beast out there but you are not small by any means. Keep up the good work.
    j3374 likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    That's fantastic! Great job man..... Takes a lot of courage!

Job well done
    j3374 likes this.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Awesome post! Congrats.
    j3374 likes this.

j3374 is offline Associate Member
    Thanks, guys.

Thread Information