Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: I stopped eating fast food two months ago and the only thing that changed was....

yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

I stopped eating fast food two months ago and the only thing that changed was....

The size of my credit card bill lol. Everyone says fast food is terrible for you (which I do agree with) but I was eating it almost every day for lunch. I now eat 8oz of 93% lean ground beef instead. I havent seen a bit of difference in how I feel or in how I look. The rest of my diet is pretty solid if your wondering (egg whites, oats, whey, salmon, sweet potatoes, eggs). Its very demotivating to not see any changes... makes me want to go back to my usual lunch consisting of two big macs with fries haha

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    You should probably lay out your exact meal plan for us to look at

derekkpapa1 is offline Anabolic Member
    Watch the show where guy eats fast food ( McDonald's or burger dirt) for one month with before and after blood work and full stats.
    I don't eat that stuff unless I have to but the video was eye opening and blood work results was sky rocketed from baseline. I knew it is bad crap but that guy was a Big Mac away from a clogged artery
    BG likes this.

Meal 1:
    1 cup egg white
    1 1/2 cups oats
    1 scoope of whey

Meal 2:
    8oz 93% lean ground beef

Meal 3:
    either 6 whole eggs or 6oz of salmon
    Large baked sweet potato

Meal 4:
    2 cups of egg whites
    2 cups of oats
    1 scoope of whey

Derek I saw that show they made us watch it in health class back in high school lol My blood pressure has always been fine and I have had a lot of blood work done recently showing nothing other than low t... which I am in the process of addressing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289
    Meal 1: 1 cup egg white 1 1/2 cups oats 1 scoope of whey Meal 2: 8oz 93% lean ground beef Meal 3: either 6 whole eggs or 6oz of salmon Large baked sweet potato Meal 4: 2 cups of egg whites 2 cups of oats 1 scoope of whey Derek I saw that show they made us watch it in health class back in high school lol My blood pressure has always been fine and I have had a lot of blood work done recently showing nothing other than low t... which I am in the process of addressing.
    is that all you eat in a day?

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    is that all you eat in a day?
    Yes sir... currently at 6'2" 220lbs

Yes sir... currently at 6'2" 220lbs
    I don't think your eating enough. What's your current bf%

I agree but you'd think dropping the big macs and replacing them with lean ground beef I would see some results in the forum of fat lose. According to estimates from members of this board and my bathroom scale im about 15%

I agree but you'd think dropping the big macs and replacing them with lean ground beef I would see some results in the forum of fat lose. According to estimates from members of this board and my bathroom scale im about 15%
    add more hard and dense greens to your nutrition

What will that do for me? I was eating spinach everyday up until a couple weeks ago.

What will that do for me? I was eating spinach everyday up until a couple weeks ago.
    spinach isn't dense enough to do much. You need to be eating broccoli, asparagus, cauliflower and then some spinach with it. Make your body work hard to break down those greens it will result in more calories burned and more weight loss. I try to get in greens at least with 2 meals ed but 3 is better

Thank you... I was starting to get discourage and almost relapsed! hahaha

Thank you... I was starting to get discourage and almost relapsed! hahaha
    here is what I do brother and it works for me. 7 smaller meals to help with not staying hungry as long. Meals 1-4 pro, carbs with greens at meal 3. Meals 5,6,7 pro, greens and fats. I weigh every thing that I eat as well to make sure I am getting the exact amount that I need
    DCI likes this.

I do weigh and measure everything I eat. I dont think I would be able to eat 7 meals a day as the nature of my job would make it difficult. What are your thoughts on using hamburger helper to make the ground beef more edible? I have been using BBQ sauce on it for the longest time and I can barely bring myself to eat it. I was thinking about mixing the 3lbs of beef I cook on sunday for my monday-friday lunch with one box of hamburger helper just to give it some flavor. I know that stuff is crap but I figure it will be diluted with 3lbs of beef I wont actually be eating that much of it.

I do weigh and measure everything I eat. I dont think I would be able to eat 7 meals a day as the nature of my job would make it difficult. What are your thoughts on using hamburger helper to make the ground beef more edible? I have been using BBQ sauce on it for the longest time and I can barely bring myself to eat it. I was thinking about mixing the 3lbs of beef I cook on sunday for my monday-friday lunch with one box of hamburger helper just to give it some flavor. I know that stuff is crap but I figure it will be diluted with 3lbs of beef I wont actually be eating that much of it.
    ground beef is to fatty. You need to eat leaner. Chicken turkey, ground chicken, ground turkey. Use seasonings to spice up your food and make it taste better. In this game you have to commute to your nutrition and put the time into your meal prep to meat your goals. No hamburger helper. You need complex carbs, rice cakes sweet potato oatmeal whole wheat crackers Ezekiel bread etc
    DCI likes this.

Chicken Chicken Chicken and Chicken... You can broil, bake it, saute' it, grill it, fry it, barbecue it, chicken and potatoes, chicken salad, lemon chicken, chicken sandwich, chicken kabobs, chicken stew, chicken soup, chicken and rice, chicken casserole, chicken ala king, chicken pot pie, chicken tenders, chicken and dumplings, well I think that's about it.
    NACH3, BB King and DCI like this.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Yeah bud. Hope your total monthly food expenses went down...

What are your feelings on salt potatoes... its getting to be that time of year again and I do love chicken and salt potatoes. lol

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Yeah bud. Hope your total monthly food expenses went down...
    Yes big time... I was spending 10-12 dollars a day on fast food.

What are your feelings on salt potatoes... its getting to be that time of year again and I do love chicken and salt potatoes. lol
    i only eat sweet potatoes. No other potatoes ever

Yes big time... I was spending 10-12 dollars a day on fast food.
    That stuff is nasty. I ate chic fillet tonight bc I am on biz travel and arrived too late for anything but that crap. Chic sandwich wasn't too awful but I normally don't eat fast food.

One of my friends showed me a pic of 10 yo hamburger kept in an air tight container. Looks like a yesterday burger. Can't imagine what kind of preservatives r in that!!!
    BG likes this.

So salt potatoes are a no go? What about canned yams? They are basically sweet potatoes right?

Girly I saw that too lol Not to mention all the stuff floating around the internet about all the "chemicals and hormones" in their food. I think chic fillet is a step above fast food... same with five guys... which I will admit I ate a ton of last week because I was out of town for work.

So salt potatoes are a no go? What about canned yams? They are basically sweet potatoes right? Girly I saw that too lol Not to mention all the stuff floating around the internet about all the "chemicals and hormones" in their food. I think chic fillet is a step above fast food... same with five guys... which I will admit I ate a ton of last week because I was out of town for work.
    Stay away from canned veggies. Too much salt. Stick with fresh or frozen veggies. I prefer fresh.
    Yams or sweet potatoes but fresh. Only takes a few minutes to microwave. In summer sometimes I precook and refrig and eat cold

So salt potatoes are a no go? What about canned yams? They are basically sweet potatoes right? Girly I saw that too lol Not to mention all the stuff floating around the internet about all the "chemicals and hormones" in their food. I think chic fillet is a step above fast food... same with five guys... which I will admit I ate a ton of last week because I was out of town for work.
    stick to fresh vegetables nothing from a can or frozen

Yeah I dont mind cooking my dinner meals but I prefer to prepare my lunches for the week all at once on sunday. Its tough trying to put together a meal that you can microwave and eat daily without getting sick of it haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    stick to fresh vegetables nothing from a can or frozen
    Your like the bad cop. Me the good cop.

You. No frozen. Fresh only.
    Me. Prefer fresh but frozen better than canned.

Lol

Yeah I dont mind cooking my dinner meals but I prefer to prepare my lunches for the week all at once on sunday. Its tough trying to put together a meal that you can microwave and eat daily without getting sick of it haha
    really how hard is to cook sweet potatoes and chicken and put it in Tupperware? Brown rice too. It's not gonna be easy but you can do it. Look in the nutrition thread what are you eating right now and see what we post in there

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Your like the bad cop. Me the good cop. You. No frozen. Fresh only. Me. Prefer fresh but frozen better than canned. Lol
    but I want to be the good cop

Its not hard to prepare but its hard to eat day in and day out thats for sure lol

Its not hard to prepare but its hard to eat day in and day out thats for sure lol
    well I didn't say it's easy but you get used to it. If you want it bad enough you have to put in the effort though
    DCI likes this.

Stop whining! Food is not for pleasure it's for fuel. There. How you like my bad cop impression.
    NACH3 likes this.

Oh yeah totally understand... It was a big step for me to stop the fast food. I hate the ground beef im eating now so switching to chicken wont be much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    but I want to be the good cop
    Here's your chance!!!

Oh yeah totally understand... It was a big step for me to stop the fast food. I hate the ground beef im eating now so switching to chicken wont be much worse.
    no it won't ground beef really doesn't have a good taste to it. Go experiment with some different seasonings. That's what spices up you food

There was a period I ate grilled chicken and rice every day and I every so often I would have chicken that came out chewy and it got to the point I couldn't take it any longer and went on a fast food bender lol

bsh
    bsh is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Stop whining! Food is not for pleasure it's for fuel. There. How you like my bad cop impression.
    it is fuel but there is no reason whatsoever u can't enjoy! I just it all depends on what ur goals are

There was a period I ate grilled chicken and rice every day and I every so often I would have chicken that came out chewy and it got to the point I couldn't take it any longer and went on a fast food bender lol
    You cant eat the same thing and expect to not get tired from it. That's why you use different meats, seasonings, styles of cooking and etc. if you stick to one.. You are fked lol

I honestly don't mind chicken it's just when it comes out chewy or rubbery it absolutely makes me sick lol

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    no it won't ground beef really doesn't have a good taste to it. Go experiment with some different seasonings. That's what spices up you food
    Paprika and some butter is good on chicken, but I've come to the point where I just been baking it w/paprika(& Cayenne pepper/salsa/hot sauce all helps your metabolism burn more fuel efficiently)...

And whole foods(or frozen veggies) are ok if steamed imo

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I honestly don't mind chicken it's just when it comes out chewy or rubbery it absolutely makes me sick lol
    Thsts why its time for me to start grillin...

And I can eat chicken ed for long periods of time w/no problem...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information