IronCy is offline Senior Member

Question Anyone have an Apple iPod?

Just wondering if any of you have an Apple iPod mp3 player? If so, what do you think of it. Im looking at getting the windows compatible version but have heard mixed reviews. Any experiences will be appreciated. Thanks
    -Cy

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    Ipod rocks,

If you got the money go for the 30 gig hard drive(7,500) songs. You can use it to store computer files too. Only thing that suck it they copy protected it so you can only put song onto the ipod and not get them onto another computer. Otherwise it is aswome.

IronCy is offline Senior Member
    so you can add any mp3 you like-from pc to iPod, but cannot send from the iPod back to another pc?
    -Cy

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    yup, thats the only bad thing.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    I use a RIO SPORT S30S. It's the best size for working out at the gym.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have an Apple iPod?-s30s_med.gif  

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I would caution you against the iPod if the dominant use would be gym use. While made well, the number of "working parts", as it has an actual hard drive, really aren't made to stand up to the beating of a weight room environment. I can't count the number of times I've dropped, smashed, or otherwise "bumped" my Rio with no ill effects....acts that would have likely sent the iPod back to Best Buy for repair. They're far cheaper, and with their software, you can create playlists fairly easily and upload 20-30 songs in a matter of minutes with the click of a single button while you get changed for the gym.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Have tried CD players and MP3 players...they all mess up while running. The only thing that is invincible is a Sony Minidisc player. I have punched it and it doesn't miss a beat.

redrock is offline Member
    I have a Samsung Yepp 128mb. It holds up to the rigors of the gym fairly well. I use my mp3 1-2 a day and so i've been through 2 already. I loved my Intel Pocket Concert until it died. Didn't care much for the Nomad Muvo, lack of features. The Yepp is nice though. REDROCK

ichiban is offline Female Member
    I have an ipod and use windows. I have had it for a while and love it. I have abused a little bit and had no problems. I use it everytime I workout. There are some good ipod cases out now that are perfect for the gym or running or anything active.I will post the web sit if i can remember.

My dad just got one of the 30 one last week and I must say it is sweet!
    He and his buddies use the ipod when they go on long bike rides (motorcycles) and have integrated them to fit their bikes. Also I must say....i hate macs, but love the ipod.

The iPod must be great for long commutes in public transit but I would not trust it for the rigors of the gym... way too many fragile moving parts.

I personally use an iRock 530 mp3 player. Absolute barebones no song title display or anything fancy (hey it's in my pockets anyways), hell not even a belt clip!, and it's nice and small.

Comes with 128mb ram + you can slap in 128mb SmartMedia cards for a total of 256mb. Means you can fit around 50-60 tunes on there, and with the smart media cards, you aren't stuck with the same tunes, you can swap cards.

Had this gizmo around a year and a half, use it EVERY day at the gym from rough start to sweaty finish. It's been dropped, bashed by 45lbs plates against my leg, had dumbells resting on it and drenched in sweat and like a good old Timex, it takes a lickin and keeps on tickin!

I got it of their site at www.myirock.com, but I think they sell 'em at Costco / Sams Warehouse now.

My toy!

Red
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone have an Apple iPod?-irock_mp3.jpg  

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    I have an ipod and it works really well.

It held all the songs on my computer the bad thing was I didnt want all the songs but it did it by its self

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I have the Nomad Jukebox Zen 2.0. Love it. Have 150 cd's on it and it's maybe halfway full. You can put stuff other than MP3's on it too. Might even tweak with it and see if I can't stick a larger hard drive into it later on down the road if I need it.

Thread Information