redrock is offline Member

Arrow Anyone ever go on a Police ride-along???

I am interested in getting into some field of law enforcement. Be it police, highway patrol, ATF, FBI, etc. I want to go on a police ride-along. Is there an age limit? I'm almost 21. Have anyone else ever done one? How do I go about setting it up. Thanks guys, REDROCK

FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

customs

maybe you can get into customs and be understanding of our needs and when you do shoot me a pm bro

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    never been on a ride along "willingly"...best would be ask somebody you know that's a cop...everybody know's one

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    bro I've been on several (back in the day) ... just go down to your local PD and ask the desk srgnt. Its pretty cool man! I wanted to go into law enforcement in the early to mid 90's but the money sucks ... I ended up in medical sales .. money is awesome but not much action

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    been on one it was cool went to the local PD station and they had me fill out the paperwork it was easy.

superjew is offline Associate Member
    I don't believe there is an age limit. I would imagine if you went down to your local station you could sign right up.

Devourer is offline Senior Member

free ride?

i got a few police ride-a-longs unintentionally!

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I know. I was thinking the same thing. I dont want anymore ride alongs. They are uncomfortable.
    I was inncocent of course.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    maybe i should go for a ride along too
    bring back some good memories

Tock is offline Anabolic Member
    Geez, I was a cop in the USAF, K-9 trainer. When I got out, I thought about becoming a civilian cop, but thought better of it . . . they screen out the worst nuts before they take 'em into the military, but in the real world, ya gotta deal with all sorts of idiots. Nah, the risk ain't worth the $$$, not in civilian life . . .
    If you've got your heart set on police work, why not join some branch of the military? You'll get practical experience you can use if you still want to do the civilian police thing when you get out, not to mention the usual GI benefits. If you do, I've got a tip . . . volunteer for one of the K-9 units. It's way cool, and you get better work assignments. Oh yah, the USAF has the best living conditions, but it's harder to advance in rank than the Army or Marines (harder to lose it, too).

Thread Information