• 1 Post By NACH3
  • 1 Post By DrewZ
  • 1 Post By CharlesThe4th
  • 1 Post By SEOINAGE
  • 2 Post By GirlyGymRat

Thread: Your Transformation Story.

symphonyofdreams is offline Junior Member

Your Transformation Story.

I want to hear people transformation stories and how that's effected your life. Whether you started fat and got in great shape, or you started as a stick figure and got muscular. Curious how this affected your life with relationships, health, jobs etc even things people wouldn't associate with the transformation.

My story is being written. lifting for many years but never took diet serious was i was 280 fat. currently down to 245 and working my way down to 210-220. So far my health is way better, better energy and i look much better. Also much more glances from girls when i got next to now 35 pounds ago.

uhit is offline Member
    I went from 150 lbs 5'9 to 180 lbs and cut to 165 lbs.

Positives : Access to different women
    Negatives: People annoy me by saying ' you look good bro'. I already know that you buffoon.

Quote Originally Posted by uhit View Post
    I went from 150 lbs 5'9 to 180 lbs and cut to 165 lbs.

Positives : Access to different women
    Negatives: People annoy me by saying ' you look good bro'. I already know that you buffoon.
    Softish 150 to start? and ya that would probably get old with all the guys saying that lol too bad girls weren't that open to sharing their feelings lol

uhit is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by symphonyofdreams View Post
    Softish 150 to start? and ya that would probably get old with all the guys saying that lol too bad girls weren't that open to sharing their feelings lol
    Skinny-fat, yes. The only time girls would complement my physique is after I put in some groundwork with them

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Started lifting at 14, typical normal size kid. Started hitting the gym 5x a week at 19 - 27 and was in good shape but not BIG due to lack of diet knowledge like most.
    Injured back at 23, minor setback but didnt stop me. Retro it should have longer than it did.
    Contracted Hepatitis B at 28 and that knocked me flat for several years. Came CLOSE to dying and never really recovered physically 100%
    1st back surgery at 45. Hadnt been in the gym consistanty in years putting on 20+ lbs of fat.
    2nd back surgery at 47. Still no gym and another 20 lbs+
    Had no choice but to get back in shape or end up in a wheel chair. Started HRT and the gym. Lost 40 lbs then gained 20 lbs of muscle. Havent looked back since although have hit plenty of speed bumps along the way.

Check out my thread under the diet and nutrition section. It's called my big transformation. This is my story. Hope it helps you.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    Check out my thread under the diet and nutrition section. It's called my big transformation. This is my story. Hope it helps you.
    Good work!

Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    Started lifting at 14, typical normal size kid. Started hitting the gym 5x a week at 19 - 27 and was in good shape but not BIG due to lack of diet knowledge like most.
    Injured back at 23, minor setback but didnt stop me. Retro it should have longer than it did.
    Contracted Hepatitis B at 28 and that knocked me flat for several years. Came CLOSE to dying and never really recovered physically 100%
    1st back surgery at 45. Hadnt been in the gym consistanty in years putting on 20+ lbs of fat.
    2nd back surgery at 47. Still no gym and another 20 lbs+
    Had no choice but to get back in shape or end up in a wheel chair. Started HRT and the gym. Lost 40 lbs then gained 20 lbs of muscle. Havent looked back since although have hit plenty of speed bumps along the way.
    great work man, inspirational no doubt

uhit is offline Member
    Also, I have noticed that some women stopped talking to me altogether the second I got in some form of respectable shape.
    After speaking to some people, apparently some women like to be the one who are the better looking one in the relationship due to their insecurities.

But as a whole fitness = better quality of life for me

Also, I have noticed that some women stopped talking to me altogether the second I got in some form of respectable shape.
    After speaking to some people, apparently some women like to be the one who are the better looking one in the relationship due to their insecurities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlIPOTbuH8

this video covers that phenomenon lol

Oh god. They seem to be after the dad bod!!

Quote Originally Posted by symphonyofdreams View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQlIPOTbuH8

this video covers that phenomenon lol
    Hahahahaha. I'm glad somebody else here watches the man himself. My. I've watched him when he did those dom mazetti vs, videos!

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesThe4th View Post
    Hahahahaha. I'm glad somebody else here watches the man himself. My. I've watched him when he did those dom mazetti vs, videos!
    he's hilarious lol

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    I was around 155lbs when I first started seriously this was at the age of 18/19yrs old.

I've reached 260-270+lbs in reasonable condition

My best stats were 6% bf at 245lbs

My obsession or addiction or what ever you want to call it but in my early days I was very obsessed with power lifting and body building and it destroyed many things in my life, what I would never get back again. On the flip side its made me who I am and in all honesty its opened so many doors and helped me in many way. Its been a devil and angel

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I got addicted to PLing in HS(got up to 205 in HS) still kinda chubby! Had 3 R shoukder surgeries(01, 06, 07) also after the 3rd R Shoulder surgery(now needing a reverse joint repkacement) - I flipped my GTO 6x into a house in 07! Coma 45+ days, tracheotomy, spleenectomy, shattered L heal/L ribs, broken R scapula, weighed about 135 soaked wet after the coma in 07... Also 5 ventral hernia repairs!

I've found my way back and will never look back! Just remember everyone that someone out they're is worse off than you(in whatever situation) so never give up! It's been about a yr or so back heavy, and I'm now 5'10 194(holding) need to eat bigger! .

No doubt it's made me who I am today!
    Mr.BB likes this.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    2002 when I was 18 I graduated HS at 175lbs. Got up to 205 naturally and then started AAS. As of Jan 2014 I was 264lbs.

Life took its course and I've had set backs along the way. I suppose most people do.... Mine were more job and time related rather than injuries like some.

I'm back 100% and making tons of progress. It's a journey..... Every time I get knocked down I learn something new and come back better than before.
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

DrewZ is offline Productive Member
    5'7" / 250lbs+ into mid 20's.

Had some self realizations, like WTF am I doing?!?!? decided to make a change.

Lost 50lbs in 2 months the wrong way real fast, got depressed because of lose skin, thought I looked worse than when I was fatter.
    Progress stopped for almost two years (had still not been to a gym since I was a young teen)
    Found my way into a gym at the end of 2007 and fell in love with it.
    Still very intimidated by the whole place, I became a cardio junkie for quiet some time before I started lifting.

Profile pic is me 2 years ago all natural @ about 160lbs
    No longer natural sitting at 190lbs under 10%

The gym has improved all aspects of my life, especially love life which was non existent until pretty much this year.
    Funny thing is despite what I thought, my looks had almost nothing to do with my non existent love life.
    It was all my self worth, self confidence, my mindset.

There were a lot of ups and downs along the way, and I'm sure there are more to come.
    30s are definitely better than your 20s, I keep telling people i'm getting younger and I truly feel that way.

Big congrats on your decision and your progress!

Stay excited about the process, stay enthusiastic about all aspects, never quit, its so worth it.
    Last edited by DrewZ; 05-26-2015 at 10:32 AM.
    musclestack likes this.

Oki-Des is offline Anabolic Member
    I graduated college in 92' weighing a whopping 123lbs! What made it worse is that I was around 5'11" tall. I worked out but did not eat properly and was unable to put on any weight; even with steroids . From 22 years old to 42 years old I got up to 205lbs after learning how to eat; and am around 185 when under 9%bf. It has been a crazy journey of ups and downs; dedicated times and horrible diet times; but I am glad I made this a part of my life. Now at 45, my wife is in her 20's and I think I look pretty good for my age.

Quote Originally Posted by DrewZ View Post
    5'7" / 250lbs+ into mid 20's.

Had some self realizations, like WTF am I doing?!?!? decided to make a change.

Lost 50lbs in 2 months the wrong way real fast, got depressed because of lose skin, thought I looked worse than when I was fatter.
    Progress stopped for almost two years (had still not been to a gym since I was a young teen)
    Found my way into a gym at the end of 2007 and fell in love with it.
    Still very intimidated by the whole place, I became a cardio junkie for quiet some time before I started lifting.

Profile pic is me 2 years ago all natural @ about 160lbs
    No longer natural sitting at 190lbs under 10%

The gym has improved all aspects of my life, especially love life which was non existent until pretty much this year.
    Funny thing is despite what I thought, my looks had almost nothing to do with my non existent love life.
    It was all my self worth, self confidence, my mindset.

There were a lot of ups and downs along the way, and I'm sure there are more to come.
    30s are definitely better than your 20s, I keep telling people i'm getting younger and I truly feel that way.

Big congrats on your decision and your progress!

Stay excited about the process, stay enthusiastic about all aspects, never quit, its so worth it.
    Needed to hear this. Thanks
    DrewZ likes this.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    Long story, where I almost always was somewhat interested in pushing my body to its limits, but had various set backs.

Graduated high school weighing 130 lbs. Had done sports like gymnastics when I was younger, strong and in shape for my weight, but no clue how to eat. Gained 20 good lbs first semester of college,but lost it all and gained 10 bad lbs. Then I got extremely dedicated and went from 145 to 155 over a year. Then I learned how to eat. Put on lots of good weight, 185 lbs, then down to 175 lbs fairly lean. Sat at that weight for several years till a female destroyed my self esteem, dropped to a lousy 155 skinny fat. Tried to start training again, but took nearly a couple years to get to 165. Then I started eating, and eating, got to a nice 185, then ate and ate too much, 200, then rather than do a planned cut I was obsessed with getting stronger, 213, then 225, then 232. Then sat at 220, got down to 195 and started having some health issues, back up to 220, then 236, then down to 210 again, then "bulked" 262 lbs and just too fat. A year of dieting down to 222, then dropped another 40 lbs in 4 weeks, then slowly climbed up then dropped some more then climbed up some more. Last summer looked absolutely amazing at 218, and between 11-13%bf based on several tests. Got up to a solid 232, a little on heavy side but more muscle than the 218 and the strongest I have ever been. Then more health issues, that seem to have under control now, and losing the fat I put on in that 6 months or so after that point, and the muscle I lost during that time I will just recoup later or just learn to be happy without. Might have some lingering issues, but they come and go, sometimes it is something completely new. But I have been extremely consistent at least in putting a training effort forward for the last 7 years, Although I have taken two two month breaks in that time, which I pretty well couldn't avoid.

No real big change where I was a certain way that was bad my entire life, just building on what I started with as I learn and change, deal with set backs and get back to where I was before, and then try to surpass it. Learn from my mistakes, learn from my successes and then try to recreate or avoid.

I'm not sure what to say about benefits, other than being heavier I have more respect just outright. People talk to you and look at you differently, even now I can tell people envy me, although I don't like that kind of attention, but you can tell when someone is butt hurt they aren't you. As for the reasons I keep up on it, I enjoy being strong and capable, I like seeing what the body can do, I like that I have a better chance at protecting those around me if needed. Also the human body has the capability to be quite beautiful, and I strive to pursue that as well to a somewhat lesser extent.

There's my novel.
    marcus300 likes this.

GirlyGymRat is online now Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Enjoyed reading where you've been and where you all are now.

If it was easy everyone would be doing it!

I was never naturally lean and carry a fair amount of muscle however I did have 9 bad years of several vehicular and other accidents, many surgeries. Add a high profile job with long hours and a masters program, I didn't have time for myself, wasn't eating healthy and became a fattie. At my highest Weighing in around 182ish. 185. That's a lot of mass for my frame.

Fast forward to one day I decided to lose weight for health reasons. High cholesterol high sugar high blood pressure. I lost 30 lbs in 4months and Another 10 in next 2 months. However have not able to breakthrough to a weight I would feel more comfortable. Rebound 10 lbs and struggling to make any significance progress in the last 2 years.

I look decent but not quite where I want to be. Would love to be 20 lbs lighter. That would put me at 16% bf. I would be ecstatic!!!
    NACH3 and marcus300 like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I love hearing these stories - keep em comin! No matter what it's gonna be inspiring - no doubt!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I love hearing these stories - keep em comin! No matter what it's gonna be inspiring - no doubt!
    ya these stories are great, keep them coming everyone

Joco71 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Oki-Des View Post
    I graduated college in 92' weighing a whopping 123lbs! What made it worse is that I was around 5'11" tall. I worked out but did not eat properly and was unable to put on any weight; even with steroids. From 22 years old to 42 years old I got up to 205lbs after learning how to eat; and am around 185 when under 9%bf. It has been a crazy journey of ups and downs; dedicated times and horrible diet times; but I am glad I made this a part of my life. Now at 45, my wife is in her 20's and I think I look pretty good for my age.
    That's a pretty long haul . thanks to all the people sharing their walk.

Thread Information