View Poll Results: Should Doc M and HeartDocMD be given special title.

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, giev them a special title

9 50.00%
  • No, they should earn it just like the rest of us

3 16.67%
  • Leave it up to Jason and the Mods to decide

6 33.33%
  • Who are Doc M and HeartDocMD

0 0%
    BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member

About Doc M and HeartDocMD

Ok guys and gals, I would like to toss this out for a vote all those in favor of letting Doc M and HeatDocMD bypass the post count for name changes, so they won't lower their standards for posting, and give them an honorary title of Medical Advisors or such.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    I think that is probably a good idea. Like Vets have VET under their avatar. Doctors of the board could have something along the lines of MD. oF course thier would have to be some sort of verification process so that any ol' joe couldn't register with doctor in his screen name and get that status

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Pheedno is right it should be verified by the mods or Jason so that we know that the info isn't bull.

Good idea!

I agree Pheedno, I believe from reading their posts and seeing these two around AR for awhile I believe it's safe to say they are qualified. I do agree that JAson or the mods would need some kind of verification though. Good catch Pheedno!

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    My vote is - Leave it up to Jason and the Mods to decide

but after a vetting process having an MD title might not be a bad idea - problem is, who has the time to do the vetting also - neither DocM nor HeartDoc are qualifid docs yet but are still in training

Originally posted by CYCLEON

but after a vetting process having an MD title might not be a bad idea - problem is, who has the time to do the vetting also - neither DocM nor HeartDoc are qualifid docs yet but are still in training
    AAAaaaahhhhh see I didn't know that, I thought they were already certified. See, learn something new everyday.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Originally posted by CYCLEON

Hold the Phone on this one..

Cycleon, though I cannot speak for HeartDoc on this matter, I am more than qualified from a medical standpoint. I graduated from Medical School several years ago..So, before my credibility is damaged, I believe we should get the facts straight..

And BigT..I appreciate your lobbying for us..Although I do not consider myself a "Doctor of Anabolics", I am a practicing physician and my wife is a practicing RN..Between voluntary rotations in the ER and my group Plastics and Cosmetics work, I keep quite busy. And I don't think any Doctor that would frequent this board would want the title MD next to their name since these boards are frequented by law enforcement..My license is much to important to me and my family..

Cycleon, If I sound like I have taken offense to this, I have indeed..Nothing personal, but my word is everything to me and always has been..Just as you do, I spend as much time here as I can giving solid information that I would give to anyone I saw as a patient..

Doc M
    Last edited by Doc M; 06-24-2003 at 07:43 PM.

no offence meant - didnt realize that - I think that is true of heart Doc - we do appreciate both of you tho, thats for sure - I am not against a special designation if it can be fully vetted

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    I'm not in favor of adding custom medical titles because it leaves the door open for imposters. I trust the 2 guys mentioned, but what would be stopping someone else from giving fake info just to get a custom title. Its not like real doctors would be crazy enough to supply proof, so virtually anybody could be a doctor around here if they lied enough.

Secondly, I believe it could make AR liable in the case of a doctor supplying innaccurate advice to members.

I respect Doc M and HeartDocMD, but I'm gonna say no this time. With their knowledge they'll have no problem at all earning a title like anyone else.

Originally posted by EXCESS
    Its not like real doctors would be crazy enough to supply proof, so virtually anybody could be a doctor around here if they lied enough.

Secondly, I believe it could make AR liable in the case of a doctor supplying innaccurate advice to members.

I respect Doc M and HeartDocMD, but I'm gonna say no this time. With their knowledge they'll have no problem at all earning a title like anyone else.
    Excess..I will agree with you on this..This is exactly why I never make a diagnosis to anyone here..I don't have the information, patient history, or diagnostic tools to do so and it is reckless for me to do something of that nature..If someone PM's me, I always give them advice but also encourage them to see a Doctor so they can be properly treated..I feel like that is part of my responsibility as Doc..

This all really started as kind of a joke..After the title changes we started making cracks about having to become post whores to get our titles back..And then I made a comment to BigT and it took of from there..BigT, thanks for your support on this and your willingness to go to bat for us..And Cycleon, I wasn't intending to lash out at you..My integrity is everything to me..In the end, a man's word is all he has and I take this to heart..So I apologize for the abrasive Post..I have nothing but respect for the Mods here and that is why I spend as much time here learning and sharing..I hope there are no hard feelings..

Doc M

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by EXCESS
    With their knowledge they'll have no problem at all earning a title like anyone else.

I agree that none of the doc's would be willing to verify themselves...they don't need all the potential headaches. No dissrespect excess, but I think everybody looks at the "member status" the wrong way. Who cares if you have 5000 posts. You can spot descent advice from shit in about 30 seconds, and it's the quality of the posts that "earns" respect. Remember Canes...I don't know why everybody's so caught up in the titles. We all have a handful of guys we listen to and focus on. That list is constantly evolving, but honestly, the rest of the posts are usually just entertaining.

thats why I said if fully vetted and for liablility sake I doubt that is going to happen

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by broncojosh
    Originally posted by EXCESS
    With their knowledge they'll have no problem at all earning a title like anyone else.

I agree that none of the doc's would be willing to verify themselves...they don't need all the potential headaches. No dissrespect excess, but I think everybody looks at the "member status" the wrong way. Who cares if you have 5000 posts. You can spot descent advice from shit in about 30 seconds, and it's the quality of the posts that "earns" respect. Remember Canes...I don't know why everybody's so caught up in the titles. We all have a handful of guys we listen to and focus on. That list is constantly evolving, but honestly, the rest of the posts are usually just entertaining.
    yep yep yep. titles are cool and thats it. it dont mean that you know anymore than anybody else. hell none of yall know half as much as em anyway, if you you look at my posts it becomes painfully obvious that half the time im talking from my ass. that and unless I see something that i am uniquely qualified for, i let somebody else handle it as most of the time i think you could do a search and find it.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    I guess some clarification is needed. I am actually the janitor at a heart institute....although I do aspire to be a doctor someday...

ok ok...just kidding. I am in the final year of my fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at NYU Medical Center, I am always learning, as should everyone else in their respective professions. I hope this adds more insite as to who/what I am and do

Look at the headaches we have caused HeartDocMD..Well, at least these posts are going towards our total count..

Doc M

Originally posted by Doc M
    Look at the headaches we have caused HeartDocMD..Well, at least these posts are going towards our total count..

Doc M
    well, take 2 asprin and no posting till morning

Sorry Cycleon..Couldn't resist one more post to add to the count..

Doc M

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Originally posted by Doc M

Doc M

Damn look at what I started. Talk about stirring the pot. I didn't do this to cause any trouble, just meant to have some fun. Well I'm glad everything has been clarified.

Lostsoul is offline Associate Member
    yeah BT look at the trouble you caused.. j/k bro.

I dont think thats necessary tho, because anyone who's been around for a while and has read their posts knows they are doctors and are incredibly knowledgable.

Thanks HeartDocMD and Doc M your posts are always helpful, and have learned a great deal from both of you.

Lostsoul..Thanks!!! We have learned an enormous amount here as well.

Doc M

Thread Information