View Poll Results: Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sight

2 5.88%
  • Hearing

32 94.12%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator

Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

I'll put up the first vote for eyesight. I think I could adapt to being blind better than I could being deaf.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member

Re: Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

I'm way to visually oriented to ever lose my sight. I love music and all, but even the most beautiful concerto, in my opinion, doesn't compare with the most average of sunsets.
    lovbyts likes this.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    although i am a musician, i would think sight would be a better sense than hearing for the most obvious of reasons.

nmk85roll is offline Associate Member
    Ya, loosing sight would suck more. Besides, i never liked hearing myself jack off anyway...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Hearing. Farts smell for a reason,so deaf people can enjoy them too!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would be ok with losing my hearing but not my sight. This way I could ignore the wife's nagging, yet still look at all the pretty ladies walking about. I'm a bbbbaaaaaaaaddddd man.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I think keeping my eyesight would still allow me to perform most of the things I do today. I love music and play the guitar for 16 years it would be very hard to give those up but for quality of life I would keep the eyesight.

palme is offline Rosie Member

Re: Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

Originally posted by EXCESS
    I'll put up the first vote for eyesight. I think I could adapt to being blind better than I could being deaf.
    Just saw Daredevil did you?

Id rather have my ears cut off, so much babbling i dont wanna hear anyway.

Re: Re: Would you rather lose your eyesight or your hearing?

Originally posted by palme
    Just saw Daredevil did you?
    Nope, I hate Ben Asslick movies.

While you'd all be learning sign language, I'd be wearing my new sunglasses and showing off my new seeing eye dog. I'd definitely get more women than you guys...and I wouldn't even care if they're ugly. As long as the parts are all there.

Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Left eye and the right ear, although I might walk in circles and hit every wall I encountered.

Seriously though, I'd have to say hearing. I could not imagine being able to see such beautifull things as sunsets, paintings, and womans face and gracefull moves, my favorite movies, or if a bug was in my food and then have it taken away from me. Blind from the start would be easier.

The only thing I can think off that I'd miss if I fell deaf is talk radio, or orchestrated music.

Doc M is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't listen half the time anyway, or so says my wife..I would have to go with losing my hearing..

Doc M

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    Losing either sense would give you a tremendous feeling of isolation from the world.
    But after weighing out how much more I can appreciate with my eyesight than I can with my hearing, I would have to say I rather lose my hearing.

Think about what you would miss out if you were to take a trip around the world blind and if you were to take the same trip around the world deaf, which way do you think you would miss out on more "beauty"?

PUMP UP is offline Junior Member
    Losing either of them would suck big time, but I think I could live better being deaf than blind. I would rather be deaf for sure.

ichiban is offline Female Member

Left eye and the right ear, although I might walk in circles and hit every wall I enc

TANK01 is offline Associate Member
    Hearing obviously !

How ya gona post if you cant see ?

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    I think you'd give up a lot more losing your eyesight. Couldn't drive, look at women or play sports. Being deaf wouldn't be as bad as there is closed captioning on TV. No description comes close to seeing for oneself.

zillamonster is offline Junior Member
    Sorry, but that is a really dumb question. Sight over hearing is a no brainer. I had a deaf GF, she could read my lips so easily, was amazing.

Cali is offline Female Member
    I'd easily give up hearing. Well, since it's naturally slipping away from me anyway it's not up to me this time. Reading lips is easy, sign language is easy and I'm used to not hearing much and reading closed captioning as it is.

Having been at the receiving end of a botched eyes surgery, and having experienced fucked up eyesight for over a year before a benevolent doctor fixed me up, I'd say I value my eyesight more than any other sense or part of my body.

Red

So far its 24 wrong answers and 1 correct answer. Am I a freak?

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EXCESS
    So far its 24 wrong answers and 1 correct answer. Am I a freak?
    We're about to find out!

Terinox is offline The One & Only

Dude, you know how much I like you, and respect you, heck I even love ya man! But, with all due respect, your a DUMBASS!!!

Just the thought of not being able to see makes me sick and crazy! I try not to think about it at all, but now this thread had me going.

Like someone said, how the hell are you gonna jerk off to noise? Rather then seeing something! And how could u live knowing you would never again see a naked chick! So many other things are just way too important. I myself am obsessed with the sky, I love seeing clouds on a cool summer day, either at dusk or dawn, when the sky turns orange/red and you got the clouds looking so peaceful, that shit makes my day no matter wut! I could stare at a beautiful sky for hours and just think!!!

So once again, YOU'RE CRAZY! Go and sit down, and really THINK about this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Like someone said, how the hell are you gonna jerk off to noise? Rather then seeing something! And how could u live knowing you would never again see a naked chick!
    I like said before, I'd be wearing my cool new sunglasses and walking with my seeing-eye dog. On top of that I'd be followed everywhere by Stevie Wonder's song superstition. Why would I ever need to jerk off when the women would be flocking to me?

My real reasons for choosing to keep my hearing over my eyesight are: I'm a talker and a listener (yes ladies, I listen ). I enjoy deep conversations. I become claustrophobic by something as minor as my ears popping on a plane, but I feel totally comfortable with my eyes closed. For me, the sound of the ocean is much more beautiful than any sunset. I could go on and on.

tdzzii72 is offline Associate Member
    LoL, 1 out of 26 would rather lose thier eyesite. Excess you have some seroius issues.

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    I like said before, I'd be wearing my cool new sunglasses and walking with my seeing-eye dog. On top of that I'd be followed everywhere by Stevie Wonder's song superstition. Why would I ever need to jerk off when the women would be flocking to me?

My real reasons for choosing to keep my hearing over my eyesight are: I'm a talker and a listener (yes ladies, I listen ). I enjoy deep conversations. I become claustrophobic by something as minor as my ears popping on a plane, but I feel totally comfortable with my eyes closed. For me, the sound of the ocean is much more beautiful than any sunset. I could go on and on.
    BUUUUUUUUUULLLSHIT!!! Now I know the real reason for this, he just wants the attention!! "I enjoy deep converstaions...yes ladies, I listen." My ass you do!! You're just trying to pick some AR chicks huh?! Well it aint working, we know you're full of it

BLOOD is offline Associate Member
    I've always believed we'd all be better off if we were blind. We would all be alot less prejudice, as we wouldn't judge a person on their appearance but purely on their personality and opinion. One can argue that the human race could never survive without sight but I suppose that's just as well.

ECKO 747 is offline Associate Member
    I'm going to have to say hearing.... But it won't be all bad.. At least I won't have to listen to the constant $#@* nagging of my X...

Frank777 is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for bumping this super old thread, but I wonder how people can choose to be blind? Our world is so beautiful! I'd better lose hearing. Moreover, there are hearing aids and cochlear implants that might help.

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    What constitutes blind and deaf? I can hear fine but always fail those hearing tests in the booth. Listening for a high or low pitch beep is not a realistic scenario when my ears are always ringing.

Same with eyesight. I can see fine to survive but can't read the little letters on those eye charts.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Euroholic View Post
    What constitutes blind and deaf? I can hear fine but always fail those hearing tests in the booth. Listening for a high or low pitch beep is not a realistic scenario when my ears are always ringing.

Same with eyesight. I can see fine to survive but can't read the little letters on those eye charts.
    Thats called OLD age. Really it is, kids can usually hear a lot high pitch than us older individuals. Ive been partially deaf in my right ear since I a M80 blew up less than a foot from my right side.

Id rather be deaf than blind and Im 80% blind already in my right eye. Here is a little example after 1 of my 10 surgeries. I had a small piece of metal go completely through my right eye when I was 10 (1972). It lodged in the socket behind the eye and ALMOST went into the brain. It went through the pupil and destroyed the lens on the way through. Eye sight always sucked even after several experimental surgeries. I had one of the first cornea graphs in the early 80s and one of the first lens transplants in the later 80s. I also had a detached retina around 8 years ago. More fun.

The line you see on the pupil is actually a fluid they added to my eye that would float above the other liquid in the eye to hold the retina in place and I had to look down at the ground for 30 days.

I also always had high eye pressure and had to use drops due to all the surgeries so they added a relief valve at the top of the eye. I told everyone it was a mico SD slot since it looked like one and everyone thinks Im part cyborg due to all the surgeries. LOL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	64920472_754863881614869_1594289996259393536_n.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	245.3 KB 
ID:	182479

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	69550_473853809718_769144718_5370958_2791623_n.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	182478

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Anyone who gets to pick between being blind or deaf and picks being blind is an idiot. You get most your info through your eyes. You can walk around town, browse the web, watch movies read books etc without sound just fine. But if you are blind you are fucked. Its a much more serious handicap than being deaf
    Fluidic Kimbo likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    2003… Jesus man. Whats wrong with you?
    Honkey_Kong and Cornish like this.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Anyone who gets to pick between being blind or deaf and picks being blind is an idiot. You get most your info through your eyes. You can walk around town, browse the web, watch movies read books etc without sound just fine. But if you are blind you are fucked. Its a much more serious handicap than being deaf
    They couldn't be a bigger idiot than somebody who creates sock accounts just to argue with himself on a steroids forum.
    Cuz and lovbyts like this.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkey_Kong View Post
    They couldn't be a bigger idiot than somebody who creates sock accounts just to argue with himself on a steroids forum.
    What is really bad is when they have multiple personalities and they ALL suck.
    Honkey_Kong likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Be careful what you say guys he is protected by the endangered species act

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    New poll. Would you rather have 1 Billion dollars cash and never able to have sex again OR 100 Million dollars and no sex with women under 70….
    almostgone and Cylon357 like this.

Fluidic Kimbo is offline Morale Officer (de facto)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    New poll. Would you rather have 1 Billion dollars cash and never able to have sex again OR 100 Million dollars and no sex with women under 70….
    I'd kill myself if everyone knew I was a billionaire.

One of the sweetest things in life is to just be another brick in a wall. To be able to walk into a mall and nobody cares.

I'd off myself if I lost that, or at least change my face and move abroad to where nobody knows me.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Kimbo would take the $1 billion.
    almostgone, Cylon357 and Cuz like this.

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluidic Kimbo View Post
    I'd kill myself if everyone knew I was a billionaire.

One of the sweetest things in life is to just be another brick in a wall. To be able to walk into a mall and nobody cares.

I'd off myself if I lost that, or at least change my face and move abroad to where nobody knows me.
    We just had a local collect over 900 million (I think after tax) on a huge Powerball lottery ticket. Ain’t nobody going to know his face and he can not only be another brick in the wall, he can design and build the wall.

Sexes daily importance gets less needed with advanced age imo. I take less testosterone that I need to, to keep me less horny, so I can focus on things other than a brief orgasm.

I’ll take the billion $ at my age. However, if I can’t jerk off, I’ll take a reduction. Plus I’ve seen 70 year old chicks (that’s only 5 years older than myself) that can pass as more than ok looking, due to decent and not excessive plastic surgery. So maybe the 100 million might not be bad (per Cuz’s post).

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Dammit Cuz, we need a third option!

I'll tell the story about my sex with a 70 year old later. I ain't proud of it, but in my defense, everything except her face could have passed for a woman half her age.

Actually, I may not tell it here. Might be too racey for this site (at least if I go into the appropriate level of detail lol)
    almostgone and Cuz like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information