broncojosh is offline Senior Member

hypnotist fixed workout partners fear of shots!

I ran into my old college roommate/workout partner yesterday, and the bitch has become very large...anyway, in college I always had to give him his shots, because the kid was soooo deathly affraid of them. Asked him who was giving him the shots now, and he said confidently "I do"...so I followed with, finally got over the fear huh...he said he went to a hypnotist for like 3 sessions and his fear was gone! I thought he was bullshitting me, but he kept talking about it. Said it was the best thing he ever did, because it clear alot of shit up for him....Do you guys think hypnotists are bullshit, or work? I couldn't believe it

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I don't know if they really work or not but if the patient thinks it works then it does. JMO

justme is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hercules88
    i think it can work. but you have to be week minded and willing. it doesnt work to well on strong minded people in my opinion. are you looking to go???
    Actually it is usually the people with the higher intellegence that make better subjects for hypnosis. You do have to be willing though.

That whole in the power of someone else is also a load of crap.

I am certified as a hypnotherapist, hypnotherapist in advance standing and working on my master hypnotist in pain management.

if you really want to know what hypnosis feels like then:

1) sit up in your chair with arms/hands in your lap.

2) take a deep deep breath in, filling your lungs to maximum capacity.

3) close your eyes and exhale completely focusing your mind on relaxing each muscle in your body.

4) repeat #2 and #3 about 3 more times.

this is what hypnosis feels like. you are not asleep.

The people around you may look at you and think you are because your body and face will appear as if you are asleep. But you will be alert and hear / remember everything that happens.

just my 2 cents

You go in an out of hypnosis on a daily basis about 2+ times per day. There are tonnes of people that say there is no way they could ever be hypnotized and they are right because they are telling themselves this over and over so it becomes true.

Studies have been done and it is proven that your brain waves change from sleep, awake, and hypnotized.

weight lifters have used hypnosis to get extra weight added to their lifts safely.

Some people use it to help get a full nights sleep.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Well as humans we only use 10% of our brains. I believe our race is not smart enough (yet) to begin to understand the "unlocking" of the powers i believe our mind possesses.I believe hypnosis works but....only by showing the person what powers are in the mind to start with.

hercules88, there has been studies on all aspects for hypnosis and what the body can be pushed to do.

the one I was refering to wasn't a study but a hypnotist that I spoke to who told me about a body builder he worked with.

The body builder had platued on how much he could lift, so they hypnotist helped him get past the mental hurdle safely. Basically he was able to add another 20lbs to his lift, after he spoke to the hypnotist again he said that he felt he could have put more weight up but that the safety triggers so he didn't injure himself had stopped him.

The body knows what it can and can not do safely so the triggers act on that.

Basically anyone can be hypnotized if they are willing. You pass through hypnosis when you wake up in the morning, when your not quite awake you sort of finish off your dream and you start thinking about your day. Same thing at night but in reverse.

When you drive somewhere and you pass your turn or don't know how you got there that is usually cause you were in heavy thought or hypnosis.

Thread Information