The Butcher is offline Member

How do I delete several PMs at once, and a question about search terms.

For anyone who is savy in the ways of this board:

How can I delete several PMs at one time (while keeping the ones I want) instead of checking the delete box and deleting them one by one?

Also, when I run a search, how do I search for something in which there are two or more terms, but they are of equal weight in terms of importance. In other words, if I was searching for Denkall Anavar , would it help narrow down my search if I type Denkall AND Anavar so that both terms are given equal weight. I'm trying to figure out how to narrow down some of my searches so that I don't have to weed through so many threads that are irrelevant. Thanks!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Great question. Bump! I have never been able to get a compound search to work either, it would be great to know. Thanks!

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin

Re: How do I delete several PMs at once, and a question about search terms.

Originally posted by The Butcher
    For anyone who is savy in the ways of this board:

How can I delete several PMs at one time (while keeping the ones I want) instead of checking the delete box and deleting them one by one?

Also, when I run a search, how do I search for something in which there are two or more terms, but they are of equal weight in terms of importance. In other words, if I was searching for Denkall Anavar, would it help narrow down my search if I type Denkall AND Anavar so that both terms are given equal weight. I'm trying to figure out how to narrow down some of my searches so that I don't have to weed through so many threads that are irrelevant. Thanks!
    Under the search box when you click on Advanced search you will see

Basic query: separate your search terms with spaces.

Advanced query: Join words with AND, OR and NOT to control your search in more detail.
    Add asterisks (*) to use wild cards in your search (*bullet* matches vBulletin etc.)

So according to the advanced query simply adding the AND will only look for posts that contain both words. If you want a phrase such as Denkall Anavar , I believe you can just type in "Denkall Anavar", but that is just a guess.

To delete PMs you can do one of two things. You can select the individual PMs by the checkbox to the right of it and hit delete at the bottom or you can click the checkbox on the right hand side that is just above your first PM on your private message, clicking it will select all of your private messages and then you can click delete at the bottom and erase all of them with 2 clicks. I hope that helps.

Thanks J. I tried to put in just Denkall Anavar , but it gave me threads with either Denkall or Anavar (and obviously both of them in the same thread), but not specifially Denkall Anavar. I'm not totally following the wild card aspect of it as you explained it, but I will play with it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    Originally posted by The Butcher
    Thanks J. I tried to put in just Denkall Anavar, but it gave me threads with either Denkall or Anavar (and obviously both of them in the same thread), but not specifially Denkall Anavar. I'm not totally following the wild card aspect of it as you explained it, but I will play with it and see if I can figure it out. Thanks again.
    no, you misunderstood me bro. Do one of two things. Either type in

"Denkall Anavar "
    (with the quotes) or type in

Denkall AND Anavar

That will pull up threads that contain both Denkall and Anavar

If you only type in

Denkall Anavar
    (no quote nor AND command)
    you will get threads that contain either Denkall or Anavar.

Ahhhh, it's all becoming so clear now!!!!

I tried *Denkall Anavar * and that seemed to work as well as far as pulling up threads with both Denkall and Anavar in the same thread. However, they weren't hi-lighted red for easy location. I'll go try the quotes.

Thanks bro.

Oh, one other thing. Out of curiousity, what was the old standard for member designations? I've read the thread about the new requirements in terms of post count, but I was wondering what the old requirements were. Thanks again!

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Thanks, the double quotes is working great!

Thread Information