FKITLETSGO is offline Senior Member

Tanning Bed Goggles

Can I chunk those bitches and just put high spf sunscreen on my eyelids?

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    the only practical purpose those goggles serve is to protect your eyes from the UV rays. it is bad for the eye to be exposed to such high levels of ultraviolet radiation at such a close distance, so the goggles allow you to open your eyes without sustaining any damage.

if you put sunscreen on them im sure it would be fine, but the eyelid burns very easily.

EXCESS is offline Retired Moderator
    The problem is the UV rays pass through your eyelids, so your eye will still be damaged.

but....;.

isnt' that what sunscreen does? uv protection? what if i used a 45 spf i mean that's like no uv

Then you'd have some funky looking tan lines.

BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    I think if sunscreen where more effective it would be more commonly used being that the plastic goggles are annoying and usually fall off even with the glue.
    I would think that a thick plastic(goggles) would give better protection from UV rays though.

Wake Chick is offline Female Member
    I was under the impression that the light from tanning beds were different than the suns rays. Just use the goggle, sunscreen would get messy and if if ran into your eyes OUCH!! SUck it up
    Wake chicks- We make your boat look good.

HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Well, thinking about your question, it seems pretty logical. Sunscreen reflects, or absorbs the UV light, therefore preventing it from penetrating the skin. The only problem is when you close your eyes, there is no "seal." So essentially there is a crack, where the ultra violet rays can pass through, and potentially (over time) damage yourself. Then again, maybe if you really press your eyelids together possibly it could work ... I rather stick with goggles, not only because i know for a fact that its safe, but I also like to open my eyes and see how much time is left on the digital display inside the booth...

Why don't you like the goggles? Annoyed by them or you don't want tanlines. I use the stickers and take them off for a few minutes at the end.

stickers

I think that's what im going to do excess just use the stickers and maybe take them off for a minute towards the end.....thank you all for your help peace

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont use the gay ass goggles. The main reason I go to the tanning salon is to tan that part of my face. Sunglasses leave bad tan lines since I work outside. So I tan without the goggles for about ten years now. Just dont open your eyes. I dont know abuot the mediacl implications but my eyes have not fallen out and are still healthy.

Thread Information