yeahbuddy289 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Cant believe what my dermatologist said to me today...

I have been seeing a dermatologist for a couple years now for the bad acne I have on my back, shoulders, and chest. We did manage to get it under control for a little bit using 200mg of doryx every day. Im on cycle for the first time in a couple years and its worse than ever... even with the doryx. I met with my dermatologist today and she is going to prescribe me different medicine. Honestly, im sick of taking pills every day for it and im sure it wont even touch it. I told her I was going to try tanning and she said if you go tanning 5 times it increases your chance of melanoma by 70%!!!! I know tanning isnt the greatest thing for you but damn, is this really true??? I was going to try tanning along with austinite's acne protocol... I am going on vacation in a few weeks and really want to clear this up as much as possible.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    You could always try Accutane....

Im sure it could be safely done but I dont know if I could deal with the sides.

DSS
    DSS is offline Associate Member
    70% of the time it happens all the time. Sorry for anchorman ref. Nah I don't think that's true. Could be wrong but a lot more people would have it if that true.

Thats what I was thinking... Funny thing is I just bought a month of tanning yesterday to see if it helps with my acne. Plus im going on vacation in three weeks so it will also help to have a little bit of a "base tan" going. But now im a little freaked out lol.

DSS
    Definitely go for it. Being from Ireland I always do at least a month before going on holidays otherwise I'd burn. Before I went to Africa done 2/3months.

Definitely great for acne after 3/4 sessions virtually clear up.

Good to know... hopefully it works for me. My girlfriend has tanned quite a bit so if it does cause skin cancer chance are I well have it together lol.

Trapology is offline Associate Member
    That doesnt even make sense

All things set aside that means 7 out of 10 girls would have melonoma

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Well 99.9% of the time they test for melanoma it's not. Some people especially doctors need to leave their PERSONAL opinions out of the work place because it just makes them sound stupid. No scientific proof.

Yeah it seemed odd. I knew tanning, in a bed or outside isn't the greatest but to hear her say that really freaked me out.

I mean i know its not supposed to be something that constantly done, thats bad

But i mean think about all the people who go to the beach every weekend, or people who work construction, simple things like that
    like i said it makes no sense

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    She was probably referring to this:

"increase in basal cell carcinomas, squamous cell carcinomas and ocular melanomas among tanning bed users, and a 75% increase in cutaneous melanoma risk among those who started tanning before age 30 years"

But she either phrased it incorrectly, or you misunderstood.

So if you had a 1.8% chance each year of developing skin cancer, you now have a 3% chance (if you've had 5 bad sunburns in your life or burnt in a tanning bed, which is everyone).

A new understanding in the epidemiology of melanoma
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 12-30-2015 at 06:38 PM.

Hazard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Accutane can be run safely at a low dosage and it'll keep you clear while on cycle

20mg till is starts drying up
    10mg until it's almost clear
    5mg as maintenance for a few weeks

I've done it a few times with great success. Lips will dry a bit but can be controlled with moisturizing

Have you looked into b5 and benzoyl alcohol cream?
    Failure is not and option..... ONLY beyond failure is - Haz

Think beyond yourselves and remember this forum is for educated members to help advise SAFE usage of AAS, not just tell you what you want to hear
    - Knockout_Power

NOT DOING SOURCE CHECKS......

I forgot this actual thread was about acne
    This might sound stupid but pro active actually works

I have cystic acne and it cleared that up

I am going to try austinite's protocol... Ordered everything off Amazon and it's taking forever probably due to the holidays. I figured I'd try the tanning route because I'm going on vacation in a couple weeks so if it doesn't clear up the acne at least I'll have a base tan lol. Next cycle I will probably try to get some Accutane.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    This may be bizarre, but I cured my acne by simply not washing my face with harsh products. Only thing I use is a bacterial-resistant silicone pad for exfoliating and warm/cold water to keep my pad and face wet. I wake up in the morning and scrub with the pad and I also scrub before I go to bed. I also quit using lotions and moisturizers to try to maintain hydration. Instead I just maintain a practice of frequently splashing my face with water throughout the day to freshen it up and provide hydration. The only thing I've kept around in case of a breakout is a 10% benzoyl peroxide facial wash that I'd use no more than once every 3-4 days.

Once you research a little about your skin then it makes perfect sense to not excessively wash your skin with antibacterial and harsh AHA/BHA based exfoliating products. Now if your acne is solely the result of extreme hormonal imbalances or unfortunate genetic predispositions then I understand the necessity of such invasive practices.

DSS
    Quote Originally Posted by Splifton
    This may be bizarre, but I cured my acne by simply not washing my face with harsh products.
    This is true. The more oil you remove from your face using sil acid etc the more you produce.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DSS View Post
    This is true. The more oil you remove from your face using sil acid etc the more you produce.
    Our skin has it's own little ecosystem of aerobic/anaerobic bacterial colonies called a microbiota. Generally P. Acnes is present on every human's skin, but it's when the delicate harmony loses control that acne vulgaris develops. The exfoliaters have their place in a protocol, however it's generally effective for someone who suffers from hyperkeratinization or excessive sebum accumulation. Anything that introduces an oxidative reaction to the skin will essentially destroy the bacteria responsible for acne, with time.

Vitamins can help and you should look towards nutrients that accelerate lipid metabolism (our skin is comprised of lipids), increase circulation, and contribute to aerobic bacterium production for proper intestinal flora equilibrium. Accutane is just an analogue of the vitamin A family and I'd say is the last resort due to the frequency of aggressive side effects that some experience. Just an observation as I know a lot of people get fantastic results. Just remember that tanning may increase any form of hyperpigmentation occurring from a healed acne lesion ie dark spots. They can be corrected with consistent applications of glycolic acid or another mild alpha hydroxy acid.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    What are you taking and what is the frequency of your injections? Have you had your estrogen levels checked.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

bartman314 is offline Productive Member
    i had cycle induced back acne - worst my dermotologist had ever seen. nothing touched, except accutane. accutane works based on the total amount you take. you can have daily dose on the low side, take for longer, and still get the benefit of the drug with significantly reduced sides. the only sides i had was chapped lips and a couple of instances of chaffed arms - otc aquaphore cleaned up both sides.

i understand tanning should help, but won't cure. i recommend accutane.

I just did my last injection yesterday. Cycle was:

Test. E 750mg/week, weeks 1-12
    Deca 250mg/week, weeks 1-10
    Dbol 40mg a day weeks 1-5
    Hcg 500iu a week.
    Adex .5mg 3x a week
    Test/Deca and hcg doses were split into two injections a week on Monday and Thursday.

I have always had bad acne on my back, long before I touched steroids . I don't get it on my face though. I dont think it's a soap issue because I can't really soap up my own back in the shower lol

Also, I live in a wonderful state that does not allow it's residents to do their own blood work.
    Last edited by yeahbuddy289; 01-01-2016 at 08:31 PM.

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    I tan when I am on cycle and it does wonders. I also use a acne body wash like axe with a loofa and it works great in conjunction with the tanning.

Honkey_Kong is online now Superbowl XLIX Champs!
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahbuddy289 View Post
    I just did my last injection yesterday. Cycle was:

Test. E 750mg/week, weeks 1-12
    Deca 250mg/week, weeks 1-10
    Dbol 40mg a day weeks 1-5
    Hcg 500iu a week.
    Adex .5mg 3x a week
    Test/Deca and hcg doses were split into two injections a week on Monday and Thursday.

I have always had bad acne on my back, long before I touched steroids . I don't get it on my face though. I dont think it's a soap issue because I can't really soap up my own back in the shower lol

Also, I live in a wonderful state that does not allow it's residents to do their own blood work.
    First of all.. Ewwwww. Second, ever consider maybe getting one of those brushes with the long handles on them?

BG
    Acne is hormonal. Guys that like myself that are sensitive to hormonal imbalances need to do our estrogen meds ed and very low dosage hcg . I just had a friend change these over and acne went away. I have such bad acne issues on the back of my head I cant even touch test anymore.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

BG
    How many times a day with the d-bol?

Twice a day... I did 20mg in the morning around 8am and 20mg in the afternoon around 6pm

Thread Information