bobbo23 is offline Associate Member

Unhappy Need HElp from LOCAL(LOuisiana)A.R. brothers!!

This is directed for all of you who live in Louisiana. About 2 hrs ago i got a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish. This is like the only parish that i dont know somebody that can fix my ticket. I really need this taken care of as I am only 19 and my insurance is high already. Oh btw I was doing 30mph in a 20.
    Last edited by bobbo23; 07-01-2003 at 09:39 AM.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo23
    Oh btw I was doing 30mph in a 20.
    Got a speeding ticket for doing 30...... YOU SPEED DEMON YOU!!!!!
    Well if you can't get it fixed take defensive driving to clear the ticket. You can do that here in Texas and it also keeps your insurance from going up.

mammoth is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbo23
    This is directed for all of you who live in Louisiana. About 2 hrs ago i got a speeding ticket in Jefferson Parish. This is like the only parish that i dont know somebody that can fix my ticket. I really need this taken care of as I am only 19 and my insurance is high already. Oh btw I was doing 30mph in a 20.
    Why not just pay the ticket like all us under-priveledged people do. Be a man and accept the fact that you were obviously a danger to all the pedestrians and motorists on the road. 30mph could kill a toddler had it been crossing the road at the same moment you were reading a book or maybe writing an essay. I say kudos to the cop who took the time out of his day to ticket the scandalous perp who, without remorse, failed to keep the needle below 20. Shame on you and your speedy moped!!!

Seriously, it sucks that the cop couldn't let you go without a warning. What a jackass!

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    I dont know about LA but where im from-you can go to court and tell that judge a sob story about how you are young and cant afford for your insurance to go up and he will just make you pay it and not put it on your record.

bobbo23 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nevaenuf
    I dont know about LA but where im from-you can go to court and tell that judge a sob story about how you are young and cant afford for your insurance to go up and he will just make you pay it and not put it on your record.
    I think i heard about this too. All the city really cares about is getting the money from the ticket, so if you try to take it to court they will usually just make you pay the ticket without it affecting your insurance.

Court date is set at sept 3rd so this will be a last resort. I will try to get it fixed tho.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Can't help you, bro.

I was with NOPD when I lived in New Orleans. And the 2 people whom I know with JPSD, one no longer works with them and the other one probably don't know shit (a fat ass former NOPD co-worker).

Your best chance is to go to court and throw yourself at the mercy of the court. Tell the judge that you're sorry and that you had to quickly take a crap and rushing home to do so. Sometimes that works.

Thread Information