Page 5 of 215 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree1070Likes

Thread: Extreme Lifestyle with Bio

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat
    Eating was off today. I brought all my food to work with the back loader ( beep beep beep ) and my %#^*# texts me to urgent unscheduled meetings. Over lunch. Which ran to end of day. 2 eggs 6oz chic Dannon 2x protein yogurt 1/4 large sweet potato Workout. 30 min stair master. 1 hour round the world (every major muscle 3 sets of 12 reps) 6 oz tilapia Salad from lunch An excellent day all things considered!!!
    how many meals is that food spread out over? How did your back feel on the stair master?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Krugerr

Nice transformation over time! You have been dedicated. Nice work!
    krugerr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active
    how many meals is that food spread out over? How did your back feel on the stair master?
    Breakfast

Lunch on go (chic bc no time to eat the salad)

Pre workout

Post workout

No issues on stair master. I did squats bar only. Focused on form. Back just making noises. No pain.

Breakfast Lunch on go (chic bc no time to eat the salad) Pre workout Post workout No issues on stair master. I did squats bar only. Focused on form. Back just making noises. No pain.
    ok that looks good and good to hear about the back. Have you thought about using the leg press machine in place of the squats? Less pressure on the lower spine. Leg extensions and leg curls are great for legs too

ok that looks good and good to hear about the back. Have you thought about using the leg press machine in place of the squats? Less pressure on the lower spine. Leg extensions and leg curls are great for legs too
    Those and weighted hip thrusts too! And Glute machine.
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGymRat View Post
    Those and weighted hip thrusts too! And Glute machine.
    Nice thing with that leg press is you can move the feet around to hit different parts of the leg. Putting the feet close is a killer and then you can spot yourself with the hands on the knees to force reps past fail

Quest bar s'mores flavor

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Earlier -
    7.5oz baked chicken breast, sweet potato(220g) green beans

1.5c liq egg whites, 1.5scoops ON GS, banana, oats3/4c, 1/2c water

Nice thing with that leg press is you can move the feet around to hit different parts of the leg. Putting the feet close is a killer and then you can spot yourself with the hands on the knees to force reps past fail
    I am willing to cross train to prevent injury and for muscle confusion. My preference is bars and dB. Once you guys got me hooked....hard to go back to machines except cables.

I am willing to cross train to prevent injury and for muscle confusion. My preference is bars and dB. Once you guys got me hooked....hard to go back to machines except cables.
    I agree but machines can still take you past fail. Especially when your trying to work around injury. Unfortunately it's just part of the game. We all have to at some point

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Keeping your intensity up this would be excellent, Girly... Plus it's showed you last time the benefits to resistance training... Edit* machines are fine just depends which one you use

Do you plan to strengthen your core for your back, also?

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Keeping your intensity up this would be excellent, Girly... Plus it's showed you last time the benefits to resistance training... Do you plan to strengthen your core for your back?
    Here's my self assessment of the damage from not lifting and working out regularity for past 7 months.

Core weak, severe muscle loss in quads (holding back the tears). Weaker all over. Not quite skinny fat but body fat up and lbm down.

I try to keep perspective. It's hard bc the average female is a size 14 so in the bigger picture, I am a prize. LoL. I don't want to be average.

I am putting off a cutting cycle until I have better base and diet on point.

My mini goal date is 2 months to rebuild. Then evaluate.

What did u have in mind for core?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    U
    Here's my self assessment of the damage from not lifting and working out regularity for past 7 months.

Core weak, severe muscle loss in quads (holding back the tears). Weaker all over. Not quite skinny fat but body fat up and lbm down.

I try to keep perspective. It's hard bc the average female is a size 14 so in the bigger picture, I am a prize. LoL. I don't want to be average.

I am putting off a cutting cycle until I have better base and diet on point.

My mini goal date is 2 months to rebuild. Then evaluate.

What did u have in mind for core?
    I think that's a great plan... And of course your a prize

Core - if you can do body weight ex's I'd start with them -
    Even using the cable machine to work obliques(& overall core it'll help w/stabilizing your trunk for squats later) - arms out pivoting on back foot, moving hands perpendicular to vertical in line w/body (strengthen still high reps - even use as power movement by exploding thru)
    - use a Swiss ball to support your back but if you can stabilize(which I'm getting from your squats today)
    - rev crunches in floor(lying on stomach) squeeze glutes on way up try keeping legs on ground - if hurts stop(maybe strengthen the front first or hypers(low back ext's would be superior once able to do)
    - obliques by reaching for furthest ankle while upright(as can be)
    - leg raises if not to bad on lower back
    - high reps w/rope and a little weight

I'm playing it very safe so IF you can do these do a circuit of 4 body weight ex's in a row 3x... You tell me if its a good starting point.
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-22-2016 at 10:22 PM.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Tuna salad(celery lil mayo HBeggs onion, peppers) on a piece of Dave's killer bread and more to eat
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-22-2016 at 10:22 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Great thread!! Lots of great tips and info!

SM
    NACH3 likes this.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I have some thoughts. Are you guys looking for any ideas or tips on getting lean? I've personally found that the slower digesting carbs: brown rice,sweet potato, yams etc really seem to keep me bloated.

I switched to white rice and russet potatoes particularly around workouts and it did wonders for me when I discovered this. I still would have a shake with oats in it during the day. I've also found that if I do my carb meals pre and post workout and the rest of the meals just protein/fat, I get much tighter but stay full and hard from the fats.

Just thought I would throw that out there, may help a few people who are sensitive to the carbs like I am.
    NACH3 likes this.

8 whites 2 yolk 1 Ezekiel muffin and oj

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Great thread!! Lots of great tips and info!

SM
    Thanks for stopping in SM!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post
    I have some thoughts. Are you guys looking for any ideas or tips on getting lean? I've personally found that the slower digesting carbs: brown rice,sweet potato, yams etc really seem to keep me bloated.

I switched to white rice and russet potatoes particularly around workouts and it did wonders for me when I discovered this. I still would have a shake with oats in it during the day. I've also found that if I do my carb meals pre and post workout and the rest of the meals just protein/fat, I get much tighter but stay full and hard from the fats.

Just thought I would throw that out there, may help a few people who are sensitive to the carbs like I am.
    I find Rice bloats me a little so i stick to sweet potato

Pre workout Mr Hyde Post training Quest bar

Skull crushers 8 forced reps after pos fail 2 warm 2 working sets

incline DB curls same as above

Hammer strength tri push downs 2 working sets 5 forced reps

Preacher curls

Rope push downs

Hammer strength ISO Curls

Wrist Curls

Seated arm curl ISO with the lat pull down to burn out

30 Minutes cool down cardio and done!!
    SlimmerMe likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Earlier - 1c liq egg whites, 1/2c oats, banana, 2scoops ONGS. 1tbl sp PB

5xtra lg eggs w/extra whites(1c), 1c oats
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-23-2016 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    Earlier - 1c liq egg whites, 1/2c oats, banana, 2scoops ONGS. 1tbl sp PB

5xtra lg eggs w/extra whites(1c), 1c oats
    How are you feeling on the bulk brother?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    How are you feeling on the bulk brother?
    Just forcing food

Tbh - it's not going like I had planned(thinking of reassessing after 5wks and may go to 8 depending) I'm dropping water(like 6-8lbs a night)....

8 whites 2 yolk 2.5 slices Ezekiel bread and sugar free syrup

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    182 posts in 1 1/2 day :-) I could not even keep up with Marcus thread.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg View Post
    182 posts in 1 1/2 day :-) I could not even keep up with Marcus thread.
    What's up tarmyg - thx for stopping in - share with us
    krugerr likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    7+oz baked chicken breast 1.5c jasmine rice

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mp859 View Post

Thx for sharing MP... I have a better time it seems w/sweet potatoes but I eat a lot of rice too(jasmine/& brown) I find the potatoes(yams) keep me fuller than rice and longer - but I've not messed with Fs yet as fuel...

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Guys ive been doing the same workout routine for 5 months now and i think its time to change it to shock my body, i want to go as heavy as i can and low rep training which i used to love.

My question is, im 5 weeks frommy next cycle, should i change my routine now? Or when my cycle starts and calories go up?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Guys ive been doing the same workout routine for 5 months now and i think its time to change it to shock my body, i want to go as heavy as i can and low rep training which i used to love.

My question is, im 5 weeks frommy next cycle, should i change my routine now? Or when my cycle starts and calories go up?
    What rep range have you been training in? And how long do you train w/weights? High intensity? Or more rest in between sets?

IMHO, check out Marcus' dungeon - HIT - is unrivaled but one needs to understand your putting your body under so much stress it's got no choice to grow(ie; feeler sets for your heavy working set to failure(this will take time) and your CNS takes a beating along with joints so 'pullbacks' are vital!

Remember - whatever builds the muscle will keep it... But cycling your training is absolutely necessary!

Keep priming(over this period) and don't go to failure or beyond(just b4 failure) until your back on cycle - give your body a rest it's probably screaming for you to do so... Then start reading in the thread and go balls out for 6-8wks if your doing it right it's very hard to do more than 8-10wks imho - ive overt rained doing this - and taxed the hell outta my CNS... Took a long time to feel better and have the NRG needed
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-23-2016 at 09:38 AM.
    krugerr, TheTaxMan and Bodacious like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Putting down a pwo shk

Then pre-w/o and gym time

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    What rep range have you been training in? And how long do you train w/weights? High intensity? Or more rest in between sets?

IMHO, check out Marcus' dungeon - HIT - is unrivaled but one needs to understand your putting your body under so much stress it's got no choice to grow(ie; feeler sets for your heavy working set to failure(this will take time) and your CNS takes a beating along with joints so 'pullbacks' are vital!

Remember - whatever builds the muscle will keep it... But cycling your training is absolutely necessary!

Keep priming(over this period) and don't go to failure or beyond(just b4 failure) until your back on cycle - give your body a rest it's probably screaming for you to do so... Then start reading in the thread and go balls out for 6-8wks if your doing it right it's very hard to do more than 8-10wks imho - ive overt rained doing this

As Nach said, if you want thick solid muscle you need to look at Marcus' thread. Look up some of the Dorian Yates videos, stuff from his early days, and his Blood&Guts videos.
    Usually I can feel the fatigue setting in by week 6 or 7. And I either switch to a deload week, or take a 7 days off.

Id suggest you start the HIT style now, which will give you time to adjust to it before the cycle. You dont want to spend the first 3-4 weeks of cycle fumbling around with weights and intensity. IMO.
    Last edited by krugerr; 02-23-2016 at 10:32 AM. Reason: See bold. Incomplete sentence.
    NACH3 and TheTaxMan like this.

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post

As Nach said, if you want thick solid muscle you need to look at Marcus' thread. Look up some of the Dorian Yates videos, stuff from his
    Usually I can feel the fatigue setting in by week 6 or 7. And I either switch to a deload week, or take a 7 days off.

Id suggest you start the HIT style now, which will give you time to adjust to it before the cycle. You dont want to spend the first 3-4 weeks of cycle fumbling around with weights and intensity. IMO.
    Agreed here. And usually takes a few weeks to get the full swing of hit.

If you start now and also read his priming thread. It's perfect time. And will open the flood gates for this cycle
    krugerr and NACH3 like this.

5.75 oz grilled chicken breast 250 grams sweet potato

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    As Nach said, if you want thick solid muscle you need to look at Marcus' thread. Look up some of the Dorian Yates videos, stuff from his

I think he should start to implement the HIT principles(intensity etc) just don't go to failure just yet... Then when he hops on cycle he'll be ready to push harder(each day Tax it's against yourself)... Start reading in there and you'll see you'll want to time your pure all out HIT method once you start your cycle - look at the splits on pg 40(I believe) lots to get down - those feelers are key to your working set weight and total rep range of 6-12(this includes RPs, drop sets, forced reps into negatives if a spotter is available and knows what he's doing!
    krugerr likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfla80 View Post
    Agreed here. And usually takes a few weeks to get the full swing of hit.

If you start now and also read his priming thread. It's perfect time. And will open the flood gates for this cycle
    Why I said keep priming but get he needs to get the basics down(going to true positive failure is very very very hard) your body/& mind will want to stop way b4 it's time!

Agreed!! Get the intensity down - no stopping once starting and only 1min in between ex's

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Leaving for gym I'm fvkin wired

Things are moving fast in here this morning. I'll get caught up and get done responses this afternoon guys
    NACH3 likes this.

TheTaxMan is offline 100% BRITISH BEEF
    Cheers lads
    The thing with marcus thread is im about 1000 pages behind

Ive been training high intensity and slowly increasing the weights over time but doing sets of 10, sometimes i can only squeeze 6 or 8 reps out, doing 6 exercises per body part, rest inbetween sets is about 45 seconds

I just fancy really putting some weight on the dumbells now and lifting heavy as i can as i know i can lift more, just dont know wether to do that now or in 5 weeks time when i hit the test, tren and anadrol

Just took some yohimbine and a black coffee, feeling very perky to say the least

Shoulders time
    Last edited by TheTaxMan; 02-23-2016 at 10:45 AM.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I love hit training but after I do it I feel exhausted like eyes feel heavy and I don't want to do s**t at work haha. I'm assuming that's because I was doing it right? Or am I pushing my self just a little to hard? Also hit would be about 2 weeks of it and then I would take about 2 weeks off of lifting hard (for rest). Does that sound right?

Ever since Jimmys interview, I have jumped back down to the basics and been trying to kill deadlifts and things like that. Keeping it heavy 4 to 6 rep range. (Not so much hit at the moment)

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTaxMan View Post
    Cheers lads
    The thing with marcus thread is im about 1000 pages behind

Ive been training high intensity and slowly increasing the weights over time but doing sets of 10, sometimes i can only squeeze 6 or 8 reps out, doing 6 exercises per body part, rest inbetween sets is about 45 seconds

I just fancy really putting some weight on the dumbells now and lifting heavy as i can as i know i can lift more, just dont know wether to do that now or in 5 weeks time when i hit the test, tren and anadrol

Just took some yohimbine and a black coffee, feeling very perky to say the least

Shoulders time
    6 sets per BP?!?! What? Why? Your not training hard enough Tax - and if you do 3set of each your holding back reps too... This is where HIT comes in... One set(two during a pullback) to completely put everything you've got in that set if you do this right you won't need more than 3-4max ex's per BP!

If your that far behind its not something you can pick right up... Also why would you stop your prime(carb cycling) as it's going to open up the flood gates(as Sfla mentioned) and all the nutrients you consume will go straight to the muscles and explode... If done right it's going to take time Tax - start reading and implement what you know...

Like Krugerr(finally spelled it right) said watch 'blood and guts' and follow that w/o... you don't want to be trying to figure this out while on so get at it my man
    Last edited by NACH3; 02-23-2016 at 10:56 AM.
    krugerr and Bodacious like this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr View Post
    I love hit training but after I do it I feel exhausted like eyes feel heavy and I don't want to do s**t at work haha. I'm assuming that's because I was doing it right? Or am I pushing my self just a little to hard? Also hit would be about 2 weeks of it and then I would take about 2 weeks off of lifting hard (for rest). Does that sound right?

Ever since Jimmys interview, I have jumped back down to the basics and been trying to kill deadlifts and things like that. Keeping it heavy 4 to 6 rep range. (Not so much hit at the moment)
    Once in HIT don't deviate from it... Just listen to your body. You can surely push on for more than 2wks 73 - keep it going brother -

Btw - I'm just repeating what Marcus has already said numerous times in his thread - it's his way and I just listen and implement
    73rr likes this.

Thread Information