Juggernaut is offline AR Jester

My very first Rant!

I workout in a gym provided to me by my company. It’s free, open 24/7 and I’ll bet there are no more than eight people in it at any given time. I was the project manager that oversaw the construction of our headquarters and I helped pick out our equipment so it has a kick ass free-weight section. The only thing I wanted that they denied was a buffalo bar and a good leg press but I couldn’t complain, know what I mean?

I love working out. From the first day we moved in I have worked out five days a week and haven’t missed but a few days in two years. Because it is a private gym I’m one of the big fish but it is a very, very small pond. I’m not the biggest guy on campus but I’m in the top five and because I’m in the gym all the time I get hit up for advice. Not to mention when you shed fifty pounds of fat people notice and always want to know how you did it. Like I said I love my gym.

Any case, I’ve done everything you’re suppose to do; eat right, get rest, did the cardio (twice a day) took OTC supplements and busted my ass full throttle. Took every lift out of the basement to what I considered heavy weights (granted compared to most of the bro’s on this board mine are nothing to get excited about) and personal best records. I dropped from a fat 267 to a nice 214 lbs. All good as far as it goes for me.

Here’s the kicker; I’ve a bro that comes in each morning to workout. He’s a big guy 260 standing at 6’ 2”. He eats what he wants and takes nothing in the line of supplements, protein and definitely no AS. His workouts last maybe twenty minuets tops and he’s proud of the fact that he never breaks a sweat. He’s 42 and has the looks of a body builder; no gut just a solid guy. And a very cool bro no doubt we’re good friends.

I was doing bench press one day when he walked in. It was my last set and I had 315 on the bar. He walks up and asked if I was finished and could he use the bar. I told him it was all his. He then proceeds to put two more plates on the bar (405 lbs), lays back and bangs out three reps! COLD, no warm-up, no wraps no shirt! Here’s what just kills me; he has no desire whatsoever to do bodybuilding or power lifting. Here’s a man with the genetics but no desire to see what might be, meanwhile I and many others would count ourselves the luckiest men on the planet if we were so blessed.

Do any of you bro’s know a guy like my friend? Can you believe that? If they said I could gain thirty pound of solid muscle and add a hundred pound to my lifts by cutting off my big toes………………..I’d be a eight toed MoFo within a minute. Ok, I’ve ranted but I still don’t feel better.

Jugg

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I think we all know someone like that and it just pisses me off, but to each his own. He may have his reasons, ya never know.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I have a friend JUST like that....i think I mentioned him in my diary. He has no real desire, smokes, chews, drinks like a fish, sleeps three hours a night and eats two, maybe three times a day (never having eaten breakfast). Yet, the guy is pretty well comparable in body type to stillsmall or pumpseeker...and he knows it. He never wears sleeves, and every single time the guys so much as moves his arm, it looks like every muscle fiber in his body is fighting not to burst out of the skin. It's simply amazing. I have NO doubt that if he even started eating right (he does actually hit the gym), let alone took AAS, he could be up on a nationally competitive stage. With the introduction of chemicals he could clearly compete at the Olympia, I truly have no doubt of that.

I have no problem with the fact that he doesn't want this in the least, but I AM frustrated to no end by the fact that we attend a cookout and I'm eating a plain chicken breast and plain wholewheat pasta that I dragged along, while he's working on his fifth burger, twelfth beer, and who knows how many hotdogs. I'll wake up to hit the gym, he'll possibly wake up because he needs a cigarette, yet, he looks incredibly better than I do. FUCK

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    I hear you Big T. He is a real cool Bro, a shirt off his back kind of guy. He just choose a different path.

Big Green, that's what I'm talking about. But like I was telling Big Texan he is a cool bro with no big ego. He'll be on the other side of the gym, do a really big lift and while add plates he'll look over and I'll just be shaking my head like wtf. He thinks it's funny. It's a cruel joke is what it is I tell you. Ha But it has inspired me to try strength training when I start back at the gym.

Thread Information