Anabolics
Search More Than 6,000,000 Posts

View Poll Results: Pheedno's Avatar

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ant Man

    12 41.38%
  • Dante(my current)

    4 13.79%
  • Lucifer's Regurgitation

    2 6.90%
  • The unknown monster of intellectual reverence

    11 37.93%
Results 1 to 20 of 20
  1. #1
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282

    Pheedno's Permanent Avatar Poll

    OK to prevent the incident of switching avatars and forgetting to comply with 5967-a, ultimately catapulting BG into plotting my untimely demise; I shall choose one to permanently become the face of Pheedno
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Pheedno's Permanent Avatar Poll-_1936_37%5B1%5D.jpeg   Pheedno's Permanent Avatar Poll-dante.jpeg   Pheedno's Permanent Avatar Poll-lucifer.jpeg  
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Pheedno; 07-01-2003 at 11:58 AM.

  2. #2
    ripped4fsu's Avatar
    ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    2,288
    Well now, this IS a tuff decision... but I'm going to have to go with the "unknown Monster" since this is the one you had when we first met..
    (sorry, sentiment always chokes me up!)

  3. #3
    nj juice's Avatar
    nj juice is offline Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Northern Jersey
    Posts
    607
    I think the last one is the best also.

  4. #4
    palme's Avatar
    palme is offline Rosie Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    6,649
    #4 Ive always liked that one.

  5. #5
    Kärnfysikern's Avatar
    Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Location
    Scotty, beam me up
    Posts
    14,223
    I have to say 4

  6. #6
    BimBamBoom's Avatar
    BimBamBoom is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    TownCity
    Posts
    358
    #1 ,One of my favorites.
    Can't go wrong with Dali.

  7. #7
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Ant Man: implies a certain silence, self imposed or otherwise, and of the traditional verbal variety or a cultural (too use an academic cliche: hegemonically dictated) silence. Any reading, however, subsequently deems you somehow silent or silenced...certainly not the case here.

    Lucifer: certainly not a bad choice (none of them are), but again, I see a further implication of either pained silence or the desire to speak out harshly (perhaps both) neither which seem to apply to you

    Intellectual Monster: My favorite of the ones I can't in good conscience vote for, but it often looks more like something other than Dali.

    Dante: Conveys introspection, thoughtfullness, self-examination and awareness...all qualities a vet should possess and all qualities you seem to possess and espouse...you couldn't ask for a better choice in my opinion.

  8. #8
    LORDBLiTZ Guest
    The ant man is bad ass

  9. #9
    sp9's Avatar
    sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Land of milk and honey.
    Posts
    3,585
    The last one!

  10. #10
    HeartDocMD's Avatar
    HeartDocMD is offline AR Medical Advisor
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    329
    I would have to go with The Unknown Monster primarily because an avatar becomes a true identity on this board. I find myself quite often just looking at the avatar, and just by that, recognizing whose post I am reading. When someone changed there avatar, especially someone whose posts I have read numerous times, at first, I won't even remember who the person is, and then it takes some extra mental effort (which I don't have ) to get back on top of the game. So I say go with your original one

  11. #11
    Juggernaut's Avatar
    Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    6,545
    I'll say Ant Man is my first choice and Dante would be my second. Like Ripped, my first introduction to you was with that avatar and somewhat based along the lines of what BG stated in his view of the Ant Man. I think of it as more of a self controlled silence thing.

  12. #12
    TheMudMan's Avatar
    TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    10,724
    The Ant Man

  13. #13
    BigGreen's Avatar
    BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    12,000 feet above it all
    Posts
    4,453
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartDocMD
    When someone changed there avatar, especially someone whose posts I have read numerous times, at first, I won't even remember who the person is, and then it takes some extra mental effort (which I don't have ) to get back on top of the game.
    EXACTLY...this is just the kind of endorsement we need to understand the true value of Rule 5967-a. I've waited long enough...tomorrow I shall draft an official Rule 5967 proposal for approval.

  14. #14
    mammoth's Avatar
    mammoth is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Georgia @ 6'8"/290lbs
    Posts
    975
    The lucifer one (to me) holds a somewhat distant homosexual connotation for some reason. Kinda looks like a snapshot from a snuff film. As if the guy was gored with some kind of fleshy substance!! j/k

    Hell just make a animated gif that slideshows them all!! Might not conform to AR's avatar guidelines, but at least it would look cool!!

  15. #15
    Pheedno is offline Respected Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Miller's Crossing
    Posts
    6,282
    Quote Originally Posted by mammoth
    The lucifer one (to me) holds a somewhat distant homosexual connotation for some reason. Kinda looks like a snapshot from a snuff film. As if the guy was gored with some kind of fleshy substance!! j/k

    Hell just make a animated gif that slideshows them all!! Might not conform to AR's avatar guidelines, but at least it would look cool!!

    Well, I've narrowed it to my first and my current. I would probably go ahead with the monster but I'm quite intrigued by Big green's analysis of the Dante water coloring.

    I am however feeling a sudden urge to after reading your morbid and sullen discription of my dear hungry friend. That painting will be ever changed

  16. #16
    LORDBLiTZ Guest
    bump for more votes

  17. #17
    Terinox's Avatar
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013
    How about a nice picture of my hairy ass?

    Okay, seriously, I like the last one, plus you had that for a long time, so it always reminds me of who it is, without looking at the name

  18. #18
    Terinox's Avatar
    Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Join Date
    Nov 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    5,013
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Ant Man: implies a certain silence, self imposed or otherwise, and of the traditional verbal variety or a cultural (too use an academic cliche: hegemonically dictated) silence. Any reading, however, subsequently deems you somehow silent or silenced...certainly not the case here.

    Lucifer: certainly not a bad choice (none of them are), but again, I see a further implication of either pained silence or the desire to speak out harshly (perhaps both) neither which seem to apply to you

    Intellectual Monster: My favorite of the ones I can't in good conscience vote for, but it often looks more like something other than Dali.

    Dante: Conveys introspection, thoughtfullness, self-examination and awareness...all qualities a vet should possess and all qualities you seem to possess and espouse...you couldn't ask for a better choice in my opinion.
    Dammit BG, how many years WERE you in University?

    By the way, how old are you if you don't mind me asking.

  19. #19
    lloyd_cannon's Avatar
    lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    The Field of Friday Night Lights.
    Posts
    350
    i like ant man the best cause all the others are scary and make me wanna have nightmares

  20. #20
    clockworks's Avatar
    clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    2,036
    i like ant man...it weirds me out and gives me nightmares...

    -- cb

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •