Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: 500kg Deadlift

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member

500kg Deadlift

I today was the world deadlift championship.

Last year Benni Magnusson pulled 460kg, and Eddie Hall pulled 463kg.

Today, Eddie pulled 500kg (1100lbs) for a pretty easy single! Incredible. Video on Instagram and Facebook.

Sent from my iPhone using App
    almostgone, clarky., NACH3 and 3 others like this.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Damn that's a lot of weight!

How did your brother do?

Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun
    Damn that's a lot of weight! How did your brother do?
    Won. It's a local show. But it was his first and he won 3 of 5 events. And placed 2nd in the other two. Smashed it and didn't need to pull a max Deadlift. Just went for a comfortable 260kg.
    I won a sledge hammer holding contest... and a tub of protein. So all in we won both events hah!

Eddies lift today was immense. Has to be watched to be believed. Even the big boys in powerlifting are saying is amazing. Really thought Benedikt Magnusson would have matched.

BG, almostgone and clarky. like this.

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Great day!

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Great day!
    Were you there BG?

tarmyg is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    That is an unreal amount of weight!

Euroholic is offline "ARs Pork Eating Crusader"
    You got the video bull?

clarky. is offline MONITOR
    Amazing lift krugerr, i always cheer big eddie on. Would be nice to see him win wsm.

Quote Originally Posted by tarmyg
    That is an unreal amount of weight!
    37kg on the WR. That's just unprecedented at that level. Benni added 5kg to his. (465kg).
    Eddie pulled 465kg faster than I can pull the bar!

Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Amazing lift krugerr, i always cheer big eddie on. Would be nice to see him win wsm.
    I've been a big Eddie fan for a while. Sat right behind him at the log lift championship last year. Monster of a man. I'm hoping podium for Eddie this year. Thor, BrianShaw and BigZ still have him on other events. It's a tight top 5 I think.

Aye, krugerr it is some line up it won't be easy. I do like big shaw too though him and eddie are my two fav.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky.
    Aye, krugerr it is some line up it won't be easy. I do like big shaw too though him and eddie are my two fav.
    Shaw is a great athlete. I like Thor, but more because I'm impressed with a 200kg giant with abs! Big Z always impresses with his cool and calm approach. He just kinda saunters over to an event leisurely.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by krugerr View Post
    Were you there BG?

No I wasnt but wish I was.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

No I wasnt but wish I was.
    just booked ourselves onto Eddies seminar. Most local to me is Salisbury.

Really looking forward to this!!

BG
    just booked ourselves onto Eddies seminar. Most local to me is Salisbury.

Really looking forward to this!!

Thats cool! Be sure to post about how it goes.

Im thinking about doing PL contest soon, I have the urge to compete some how, kinda need a to set a goal and accomplish it, it has been a while.

Thats cool! Be sure to post about how it goes. Im thinking about doing PL contest soon, I have the urge to compete some how, kinda need a to set a goal and accomplish it, it has been a while.
    Of course. It's not til Sept.

My bro is going for an intermediate comp soon as he won the local show in the over 90kg catagory. (Weighed 125kg)

I'm thinking of going for next years novice comp. I'm genetically not going to ever make it as a bodybuilder. My insertions are crap. Plus, restricting calories doesn't agree with me!

I'm 6'4" and 300lbs. I'm gonna turn my hand to strongman lifts and see how it goes. As far as "gym strength" goes I'm up there.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Thats cool! Be sure to post about how it goes.

Im thinking about doing PL contest soon, I have the urge to compete some how, kinda need a to set a goal and accomplish it, it has been a while.

My bro is going for an intermediate comp soon as he won the local show in the over 90kg catagory. (Weighed 125kg)

I'm thinking of going for next years novice comp. I'm genetically not going to ever make it as a bodybuilder. My insertions are crap. Plus, restricting calories doesn't agree with me!

I'm 6'4" and 300lbs. I'm gonna turn my hand to strongman lifts and see how it goes. As far as "gym strength" goes I'm up there.

Awesome, guys! Debating on whether or not to do my next PL comp end of August or wait until the end of the year to diet down to 220 lbs (234 right now).

I've always taken greater pleasure in being a work horse than a show horse (it's an added bonus if you can look good doing it though lol).
    BG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack
    Awesome, guys! Debating on whether or not to do my next PL comp end of August or wait until the end of the year to diet down to 220 lbs (234 right now). I've always taken greater pleasure in being a work horse than a show horse (it's an added bonus if you can look good doing it though lol).
    Do it bro!

Is 220lb the threshold for upper/lower catagory? I guess you probably wanna be heavily into the class. No point if you're just on the cusp, unless you're confident in your lifts and events.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    PL events are a rush, it reminded me of max out days in highschool sports. Something I miss, if you ever get a chance to do one, or just watch... Do it!
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    I've really been thinking about doing one once I'm back 100%

@BG & Musclestack or anyone who knows - I know your in the US... So what's the weight classes - 181/191 or 19? Then 200+ or are there classes in the 200s as well?

Depending if I'm 210+ if probly want to get down to the highest 190s class(depending on my lifts) which will have to go up but I was only training for 3months like this and made great gains... I'm definitely going to do one in the very near future

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I compete at 206 and under and 220 and under. And pretty much wasn't competitive in either in anything but deadlift. Short dudes would kill me on squat and bench. But I could keep my totals close with my dead in the 600 range. I lifted raw mostly, that held me back a little with squats in Comp I think
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG

Thats great, your a big mofo.Go for it, you have the build, dedicate yourself and see what you can do. It will be interesting to see! Im 5'7" 220, the opposite lol. I do well in BB'ing though. Im a power body builder at heart, Ive always trained heavy. At my age Im a little worried with squatting over 500, Im going to start going heavier then 405, I usually just rep that Ill see how heavier feels. I never did a PL contest and all of a sudden I have the urge. I can only squat and dead, but I dont care. Keep us updated, maybe we all will start competing and keep a thread going

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post

@BG & Musclestack or anyone who knows - I know your in the US... So what's the weight classes - 181/191 or 19? Then 200+ or are there classes in the 200s as well?

Depending if I'm 210+ if probly want to get down to the highest 190s class(depending on my lifts) which will have to go up but I was only training for 3months like this and made great gains... I'm definitely going to do one in the very near future
    The weight classes are in increments of 10kg. My first meet, I competed at 90kg (198lbs.). My second meet, I was in the 100kg category (220lbs.). Next up from there is 242lbs. Categories are also separated by age. Juniors, which I believe goes from early teens on to 23 years old? Then there's the 'Open' category, which I'm in. Then, once you reach a certain age (can't remember the exact age), you would fall into Sub-Masters, then Masters, Masters 2, etc..

Categories are then even further separated by whether or not you are a geared lifter or not. There's RAW, single ply, and multi-ply. I always compete RAW (which generally allows you to wear wrist/knee wraps and a belt, depending on the federation). My theory is if you can't lift it raw, then you can't lift it.

Speaking of federations, there are dozens. The IPF (International Powerlifting Federation) is top dog, but there are a number of other ones that are just as legit. Sooo, there's a lot of different categories to this sport...Federation, age, weight, raw or equipped, etc. I personally wish there was a single federation that only allowed raw lifters at any age. The only 'category' would be weight classes. There's just too much politics in PL right now (same as BBing). If they would cut out the bulls**t, then maybe one day powerlifting could be an olympic sport. I dont' know how many times I've heard guys in person or online say something like "I have the all-time record in squat". What they fail to mention is that they have the record in a small federation, in a specific weight class, in a certain STATE (in the U.S.), and they wore a multi-ply squat suit, in the Masters Division LOL!

Anyways, I got on a little bit of a rant there, but PL is something I'm really passionate about. Hope I answered your questions!
    NACH3 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    PL events are a rush, it reminded me of max out days in highschool sports. Something I miss, if you ever get a chance to do one, or just watch... Do it!
    I'm a crap squatter, my PB's were 200kg (440lbs) so I would suck if just doing a total over three lifts! Think Strongman would give me better options!

Mate would be wicked if you went for it, any idea what your totals are usually?

Thats great, your a big mofo.Go for it, you have the build, dedicate yourself and see what you can do. It will be interesting to see! Im 5'7" 220, the opposite lol. I do well in BB'ing though. Im a power body builder at heart, Ive always trained heavy. At my age Im a little worried with squatting over 500, Im going to start going heavier then 405, I usually just rep that Ill see how heavier feels. I never did a PL contest and all of a sudden I have the urge. I can only squat and dead, but I dont care. Keep us updated, maybe we all will start competing and keep a thread going
    Yeah, even on the day at my brothers comp, the guys were all around 125kg. One of them went over to my brother and said "Relative of yours? Glad he's not competing!", referring to me. Now I'd have been shit at it, but obviously intimidated the guys! Started training some events, theres a few comps around, I may enter a novice and see how I do.

Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post

I dont' know how many times I've heard guys in person or online say something like "I have the all-time record in squat". What they fail to mention is that they have the record in a small federation, in a specific weight class, in a certain STATE (in the U.S.), and they wore a multi-ply squat suit, in the Masters Division LOL!
    Same thing with boxing! "Im the world champion!"... in the Super feather light weight batam left handed boxing with red shorts on federation. I think I read somewhere that there are over 120 "World Champions" if you include all the boxing federations. How can anyone genuinly believe they're the best with so many federations. Its kinda why I like Worlds Strongest Man, you win, or you dont. Powerlifting, as you say, has so many "records" and federations for anyone to really notice. Bodybuilding is the same, but I think we all refer to the Olympia as the standard for a real pro.
    BG likes this.

thatguy007 is offline New Member
    congrats man

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy007
    congrats man
    Congrats? You definitely didn't read any of the content in this thread. Lol

clarky. and Livinlean like this.

BG
    At least he was being positive
    Livinlean likes this.

Congrats? You definitely didn't read any of the content in this thread. Lol

Lmao

At least he was being positive
    Hahaha true.

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy007 View Post
    congrats man
    Thanks. Going for 510kg next month. I'll keep you posted.

BG
    Oh he was talking to you........that clears things up a lot !

It still doesnt make sense though? OR have I just lost the plot entirely?!?!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    @ Krugerr

Ya know my strong lift was my bench lol (when young and b4 I got hurt) even after I've paused 365 @ 190 but my squat was pure shit lol... If I can get my squat above 400-450ish... I just started deading and I hit 455 pretty damn clean I'd surely enter one... My thing is I've not used BB flat in yrs lol(due to my R shoulder) but it'd be interesting for sure man

Stick w/strongman - do you have a coach? I'm gonna PM you big guy!
    krugerr likes this.

@ Krugerr

Ya know my strong lift was my bench lol (when young and b4 I got hurt) even after I've paused 365 @ 190 but my squat was pure shit lol... If I can get my squat above 400-450ish... I just started deading and I hit 455 pretty damn clean I'd surely enter one... My thing is I've not used BB flat in yrs lol(due to my R shoulder) but it'd be interesting for sure man

Stick w/strongman - do you have a coach? I'm gonna PM you big guy!
    Mate those are some good lifts for your weight though!

My PBS were ok, although I was doing a bodybuilding routine, so strength wasnt my goal. My bench was probably higher but I never tested it, my decline bench I did 180kg x 10 once. Below is what I have actually done though

Bench: 160kg (353 lbs)
    Squat: 200kg (440 lbs)
    Deadlift: 220kg (485 lbs)

Awaiting your PM!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Mate those are some good lifts for your weight though!

My PBS were ok, although I was doing a bodybuilding routine, so strength wasnt my goal. My bench was probably higher but I never tested it, my decline bench I did 180kg x 10 once. Below is what I have actually done though

Bench: 160kg (353 lbs)
    Squat: 200kg (440 lbs)
    Deadlift: 220kg (485 lbs)

Awaiting your PM!
    Thx mate just never trained for it either but it's very enticing - once you start training for it(if you do) your numbers are gonna explode(even just training strongman) most come from PL backgrounds or still are Big Z

PM sent!
    krugerr likes this.

Thx mate just never trained for it either but it's very enticing - once you start training for it(if you do) your numbers are gonna explode(even just training strongman) most come from PL backgrounds or still are Big Z

PM sent!
    Its just a lot more fun. Its a real translation of your strength that is really rewarding.

I've already started lifting in the Strongman lifts. As you said in PM, I think it will really suit my frame anyway. Im as big as a doorway when I train intermittently!
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Its just a lot more fun. Its a real translation of your strength that is really rewarding.

I've already started lifting in the Strongman lifts. As you said in PM, I think it will really suit my frame anyway. Im as big as a doorway when I train intermittently!
    Oh I get lol - I'm 200lbs in a 300lb body lol at least that's what I tell myself haha
    krugerr and BG like this.

Eat your way to 300lbs... Glen Ross did it, and look at his conditioning before strongman :P
    NACH3 likes this.

It still doesnt make sense though? OR have I just lost the plot entirely?!?!
    Haha! I truly hope everyone know I was joking. If I tried to pick up 500kg off the floor, my arms would rip off at the shoulder joint!

BG
    LOL I dont know how to convert kg so I didnt even catch it

NACH3 and clarky. like this.

That's a good way to look at it brother.

<CALayer: 0x8625b20>
    BG likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Well said brother! I was thinking the same - just get out there and have fun with it(keep pushing yourself past your limits but still train smart

And if bench isn't my cup of tea I'll just go lighter on it and work on my dead and squat!

Your right BG - we are never where we WANT to be - never big or strong enough lol I'll Defo be doing one and surely will let youse know when!
    BG and clarky. like this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information