Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By Obs

Thread: NASA Needs Our Help!

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries

NASA Needs Our Help!

I recently read an article about NASA needing the publics' help in figuring out how Astronauts could safely poop in space.

My thought is that this community could do it's part by helping NASA figure out how to keep astronauts' bodies healthy and strong on long distance space missions. So I thought it would be fun to use our combined knowledge or AAS, supplementation, exercise and beating off to help our boys and girls in space ships travel to the moon, to Mars and beyond.

Rules are simple:

Design a cycle with supporting ancillaries and supplements to help male and female astronauts combate the harsh environments of space. Design your cycle around the time frame for a trip to and from a distance location. The only limit is your imagination.

The only assumption is that NASA has figured out how to keep the astronauts alive with adequate oxygen and water. Protein, carbohydrates and Fats may or maynot be in short supply.

NASA admits it needs help figuring out what to do with astronaut poop - ScienceAlert

MS
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 12-03-2016 at 07:55 AM.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    My trip would be a 6month mining trip to the asteroid belt.

Cycle would consist of a Fina like pellet system planted in the astronaut before takeoff only. That way there would be no need for continual injection and risk of infection while off world.

Because of the physical nature of the work, I would have freeze dried high energy supplementation consisting of high protein, Carbs and D3 fortified fats since there will be no exposure to sunlight. This would be in addition to their regular diet. Resupply missions are once every two months. There will be a medical officer on staff but has limited resources.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    There is definitely gonna be slin in the astro cycle. Better breakdown of food, less shit, and more nutrients extracted. Bcaas with ever bite of protein, will help further breakdon and absorption. On the right diet they will shit a terd the size of a sugar cube after three days.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    There is definitely gonna be slin in the astro cycle. Better breakdown of food, less shit, and more nutrients extracted. Bcaas with ever bite of protein, will help further breakdon and absorption. On the right diet they will shit a terd the size of a sugar cube after three days.
    Good point!

My thought was with Fina (tren ) that the astronauts would assimilate food better, slin will certainly help that.
    Obs likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Man I am racking my brain. This is a good post. It seems to me, if you find a perfect bare minimum waste diet for space travel, we could turn up the volume for the ultimate body building diet. Less waste and better absorption is where its all at! I never considered, "less shit" but if you think about it the less junk your villi have to sort through to get nutrients, the more you can intake to be absorbed at the ready.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    Man I am racking my brain. This is a good post. It seems to me, if you find a perfect bare minimum waste diet for space travel, we could turn up the volume for the ultimate body building diet. Less waste and better absorption is where its all at! I never considered, "less shit" but if you think about it the less junk your villi have to sort through to get nutrients, the more you can intake to be absorbed at the ready.
    Hell, we maybe actually close to solving NASA's problem in the link. If the crew ate say predigested food stuffs that are extremely energy dense but low on volume we might be able to get almost maximum absorption with little waste. I think there does need to be some type of bulk running through the GI tract healthy though.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    144 hours = 6 days

I couldn't imagine going 6 days without a shower, let alone not wiping my ass for 6 days.

I think there's a good reason the scientists and engineers who build rockets don't fly them into outer space.

Obs
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    144 hours = 6 days

I couldn't imagine going 6 days without a shower, let alone not wiping my ass for 6 days.

I think there's a good reason the scientists and engineers who build rockets don't fly them into outer space.
    I hope you know i appreciate you and your input numbere. We fought once and i still like you.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    I hope you know i appreciate you and your input numbere. We fought once and i still like you.
    All is good powerstroke.

Thread Information