Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: My mission (regarding cannabinoids)

Couchlock is offline Banned
    Edit no.15
    Last edited by Couchlock; 02-28-2017 at 08:08 PM.

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Yes. Rick Simpson cured thousands upon thousands of skin cancer with his oil. Got arrested, Canadian govt made a deal with him regarding basically stealing his recipe and still hammered him.

The screen name of the monitor who shut it down goes by the name "Booz" ....how sickeningly ironic, yet fitting at the same time.
    I thought you were warned on this topic but I can see you are the type who likes to push things.This topic is under review by Admin Booz shut the other thread down for this very reason seems like you like to stir the pot to get things going and this isn't the place to play your games.We are here to help people with their training diets and cycles.
    Last edited by songdog; 02-28-2017 at 08:24 PM.
    Mr.BB and NACH3 like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Couchlockd View Post
    Yes. Rick Simpson cured thousands upon thousands of skin cancer with his oil. Got arrested, Canadian govt made a deal with him regarding basically stealing his recipe and still hammered him.
    You guys dont understand that this false and misleading claims of marijuana curing cancer only works against decriminalization of cannabis, which should be your focus.

Couch you are out of line with this last post, tried to reason and discuss things in a way it would be possible to maintain a conversation, but with your last post I'm out.

To finnish leave to everybody reading a statement from Cancer Research UK. They actual felt the need to release this statement so that families and patients were not misled into cannabis curing cancer.

Can cannabinoids treat cancer?

There is no doubt that cannabinoids – both natural and synthetic – are interesting biological molecules. Hundreds of scientists around the world are investigating their potential in cancer and other diseases – as well as the harms they can cause – brought together under the blanket organisation The International Cannabinoid Research Society.

Researchers first looked at the anticancer properties of cannabinoids back in the 1970s, and many hundreds of scientific papers looking at cannabinoids and cancer have been published since then. This Wellcome Witness seminar is also fascinating reading for aficionados of the history of medical cannabis, including the scientific, political and legal twists. [Updated KA 26/03/14]

The scientific journal Nature has also published a supplement containing a number of review articles about various aspects of cannabis. It’s free to access and worth a read. [Updated KA 24/09/15]

But claims that this body of preclinical research is solid “proof” that cannabis or cannabinoids can cure cancer is highly misleading to patients and their families, and builds a false picture of the state of progress in this area. For example, we’ve taken a look at more than 30 scientific papers that are often claimed to “prove” that cannabis cures various types of cancer. [Updated KA 21/07/14]

Let’s take a closer look at the evidence.

Lab research

Virtually all the scientific research investigating whether cannabinoids can treat cancer has been done using cancer cells grown in the lab or animal models. It’s important to be cautious when extrapolating these results up to real live patients, who tend to be a lot more complex than a Petri dish or a mouse.

A researcher with some cells in a Petri dish
    Virtually all the research into cannabinoids and cancer so far has been done in the lab.

Through many detailed experiments, handily summarised in this recent article in the journal Nature Reviews Cancer, scientists have discovered that various cannabinoids (both natural and synthetic) have a wide range of effects in the lab, including:

Triggering cell death, through a mechanism called apoptosis
    Stopping cells from dividing
    Preventing new blood vessels from growing into tumours
    Reducing the chances of cancer cells spreading through the body, by stopping cells from moving or invading neighbouring tissue
    Speeding up the cell’s internal ‘waste disposal machine’ – a process known as autophagy – which can lead to cell death
    All these effects are thought to be caused by cannabinoids locking onto the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. It also looks like cannabinoids can exert effects on cancer cells that don’t involve cannabinoid receptors, although it isn’t yet clear exactly what’s going on there.

So far, the best results in the lab or animal models have come from using a combination of highly purified THC and cannabidiol (CBD), a cannabinoid found in cannabis plants that counteracts the psychoactive effects of THC. But researchers have also found positive results using synthetic cannabinoids, such as a molecule called JWH-133.

It’s not all good news though, as there’s also evidence that cannabinoids may also have undesirable effects on cancer.

For example, some researchers have found that although high doses of THC can kill cancer cells, they also harm crucial blood vessel cells, although this may help their anti-cancer effect by preventing blood vessels growing into a tumour. And under some circumstances, cannabinoids can actually encourage cancer cells to grow, or have different effects depending on the dosage and levels of cannabinoid receptors present on the cancer cells. [Edited for clarity and to add reference – KA 27/07/12]

Others have discovered that activating CB2 receptors may actually interfere with the ability of the immune system to recognise and destroy tumour cells, although some scientists have found that certain synthetic cannabinoids may enhance immune defences against cancer.

Furthermore, cancer cells can develop resistance to cannabinoids and start growing again, although this can be got round by blocking a certain molecular pathway in the cells known as ALK.

Combining cannabinoids with other chemotherapy drugs may be a much more effective approach
    And yet more research suggests that combining cannabinoids with other chemotherapy drugs may be a much more effective approach. This idea is supported by lab experiments combining cannabinoids with other drugs including gemcitabine and temozolomide.

As might be expected, whenever research about cannabis or cannabinoids hits the news there is a lot of interest on social media. But often it turns out that the hype doesn’t realistically reflect the work. For example, this study from researchers at the University of East Anglia was done using cancer cells grown in the lab or transplanted into mice, to try and understand why different levels of purified THC seem to have different effects on cancer cells – something that has been noticed from previous experiments on cannabinoids and cancer cells.

The researchers found that THC seems to work through two different receptor molecules coming together – CB2 and GPR55 – and that high doses slow cancer cells growth while low doses don’t. So they think that designing drugs that make sure the receptors come together in the right way to kill cancer cells could be a good way to harness the potential power of cannabinoids to treat cancer in a much more effective and targeted way.

But while it’s an interesting scientific paper and helps to shed light on the molecular “nuts and bolts” that underpin how some cancer cells may respond to cannabinoids, and could point to ways to make cannabinoid drugs more effective in the future, it certainly doesn’t tell us that cannabis can effectively treat cancer in patients at the moment.

There are long lists of scientific papers circulating on various internet sites claiming that they “prove” that “cannabis cures” all sorts of different types of cancer. Virtually all this work has been done in cells grown in the lab or in animal models of cancer, and certainly doesn’t “prove” that cannabis or cannabinoids can cure cancer in patients.

Read the whole statement, including comments on medical studies here: Cannabis, cannabinoids and cancer – the evidence so far - Cancer Research UK - Science blog
    marcus300 and DocToxin8 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post

I thought you were warned on this topic but I can see you are the type who likes to push things.This topic is under review by Admin Booz shut the other thread don't for this very reason seems like you like to stir the pot to get things going and this isn't the place to play your games.We are here to help people with their training diets and cycles.
    Ok
    Im done. I won't mention it again, not a peep, ill even edit all my posts to nothing

Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post

I thought you were warned on this topic but I can see you are the type who likes to push things.This topic is under review by Admin Booz shut the other thread down for this very reason seems like you like to stir the pot to get things going and this isn't the place to play your games.We are here to help people with their training diets and cycles.
    I'm sorry, it just dawned on me.

I get it, we are here on this forum to promote safe and responsible, sensible anabolic steroid use and body building tips. We are trying to get steroid use accepted main stream. Last thing we need is a negative light cast on us as illegal everything drug users.

Just like on cannabis forums we don't want other hard drug talk, dealing talk, and alcohol abuse talk. It casts those forums members in a light they don't want.

I'm sorry, not the time or place for this. My passions get out of hand at times.

Sincerely,
    Couch
    DocToxin8 likes this.

Booz is online now AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Everyone here have differing views on drug talk and while we have relaxed the rules somewhat this is still foremost a steroid discussion forum not a rec drug discussion forum...
    Thanks for your cooperation Couch
    Mr.BB and NACH3 like this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information