Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: Pride/UFC/MMA Thread

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by BG
    Have you watched Conners fights? May weather picks guys apart, with those big gloves that's going to feel like a girl punching. Watch how many shots Conner took vs Diaz, Mayweather can't give a beating like that. Then Conner will chase him down and I guarantee Mayweather has never been hit as hard as Conner punches, I think Conner will ok him. It will be interesting I just not sure how I feel about the way Conner is going about it with the UFC. I do and I don't.
    it will be interesting. May will stick to his normal game stick and move. Your right though if Conner can connect then watch out!!
    BG likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BG View Post
    Have you watched Conners fights? May weather picks guys apart, with those big gloves that's going to feel like a girl punching. Watch how many shots Conner took vs Diaz, Mayweather can't give a beating like that. Then Conner will chase him down and I guarantee Mayweather has never been hit as hard as Conner punches, I think Conner will ok him. It will be interesting I just not sure how I feel about the way Conner is going about it with the UFC. I do and I don't.
    I think Connor is very skilled standup fighter for sure. Will he be able to
    Transition from being a good standup boxer in An MMA bout to a technically sound boxer in a boxing match? I think the subtleties in stand up striking in MMA and boxing is going to be the differences. May is a very technically sound fighter and that is one aspect that has made him so dominate. He doesn't have mngregors power I agree, he may not even have McGregors cardio either. That is what makes the match so damn intriguing. It will spark the over 20 year old question about how and MMA fighter would do in a ring with a boxing champ. We may see more crossover fights in the future, who knows.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

BG
    BG is offline The Real Deal - AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I think Connor is very skilled standup fighter for sure. Will he be able to
    Transition from being a good standup boxer in An MMA bout to a technically sound boxer in a boxing match? I think the subtleties in stand up striking in MMA and boxing is going to be the differences. May is a very technically sound fighter and that is one aspect that has made him so dominate. He doesn't have mngregors power I agree, he may not even have McGregors cardio either. That is what makes the match so damn intriguing. It will spark the over 20 year old question about how and MMA fighter would do in a ring with a boxing champ. We may see more crossover fights in the future, who knows.
    I 100% agree and the more we talk about it the more I get excited.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.
    The information discussed is strictly for entertainment purposes only.

Everything was impossible until somebody did it!

I've got 99 problems......but my squat/dead ain't one !!

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Zodiac82 is offline AR's Scrapple Lover

Late is fine, party is still going.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Bio-Active View Post
    glad you showed up man
    Appreciate fellas!...I showed up late...yhen got dam bronchitis..put me back 3 more days lmao...gotta catch up

BY FAR THE BEST FIGHT I'VE SEEN IN A LOOOOOONG TIME!!!!!!!!!

Doo Ho Choi vs Cub Swanson Full Fight Video « Fullmmavideos
    definitely one of the best fights in a while...especially one being practically and all out brawl...they both did a lot damge...
    I'm not a fan of cub...just something about him..but without a doubt he has some skills...and one of the few that are still contending with the new breed of fighter....considering he came over way back when WEC was doing there thing...him and Cerrone

my thoughts exactly ....a lot of ppl count Connor out...I dont..I actually think he will be the first to AT LEAST put Mayweather on the mat.. I do feel he can win if it's done before the 5 rd I'm not sure how his cardio will hold up after that...
    I've never seen Mayweather hurt anyone..except the cheap shot he threw on that guy who in my opinion was actually taking it to Mayweather....
    You know Mayweather always get backed up on the ropes and take body shots...I don't think he can take too many of connors body shots.
    Also I think ppl are fogettin McGregors freaking reach

UFC 210 Who do you like? Bellator 175 who do you like?

Bellator 179
    Daley vs. MacDonald

BG
    UFC 210 Who do you like? Bellator 175 who do you like?

Main event:
    I like Cromier, he's just a good guy and pretty tough.......well very tough. Im not a fan of Rumble, he gave up in their last fight and I hate that. I mean if your getting pounded out well OK, but he gave up his back and took the easy way out......kills me. Also Daniel gets so much crap, I dont like that, yeah he didnt beat JJ but he has beat everyone else. Fuk JJ, I have zero respect for him either, he used to thank God for what he had, but never listen to all the smart people and abilities he was blessed with. BY next year this weight class will evolve around the Cromier and Johnson. As far as winning, Cromier better have better foot and head movement, I dont think he will last like last time, Rumble is going to burn himself out this time. This is a toss up,I cant pick

Weidman vs Mousasi:
    Im a big Weidman fan, he;s a long Island bad boy but I think his tiem has come and gone. If he fights super smart, not mistakes he has a chance, but Mousasi is bad ass, I Mousasi in this one.

The two women I dont know either of them.

Alves vs Cote: Alves is always in the fight, but I think Cote is going to wear him down and will tko him in the third. I loved Alves when he first came on the scene, such a stud.

Brooks vs Oliveira: If it stays on the feet Brooks, but if Oliveira gets him down I think Brooks will end up lossing. I think this will be one of the best fights, Im going for Brooks.

Disclaimer-BG is presenting fictitious opinions and does in no way encourage nor condone the use of any illegal substances.

It doesnt matter how good looking she is, some where, some one is tired of her shit.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Great place to start researching ! http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-s...-database.html

Main event:
    I like Cromier, he's just a good guy and pretty tough.......well very tough. Im not a fan of Rumble, he gave up in their last fight and I hate that. I mean if your getting pounded out well OK, but he gave up his back and took the easy way out......kills me. Also Daniel gets so much crap, I dont like that, yeah he didnt beat JJ but he has beat everyone else. Fuk JJ, I have zero respect for him either, he used to thank God for what he had, but never listen to all the smart people and abilities he was blessed with. BY next year this weight class will evolve around the Cromier and Johnson. As far as winning, Cromier better have better foot and head movement, I dont think he will last like last time, Rumble is going to burn himself out this time. This is a toss up,I cant pick

Weidman vs Mousasi:
    Im a big Weidman fan, he;s a long Island bad boy but I think his tiem has come and gone. If he fights super smart, not mistakes he has a chance, but Mousasi is bad ass, I Mousasi in this one.

The two women I dont know either of them.

Alves vs Cote: Alves is always in the fight, but I think Cote is going to wear him down and will tko him in the third. I loved Alves when he first came on the scene, such a stud.

Brooks vs Oliveira: If it stays on the feet Brooks, but if Oliveira gets him down I think Brooks will end up lossing. I think this will be one of the best fights, Im going for Brooks.
    If Rumble can hit him in the first round he could KO him but if it goes past the first then Daniel will out Cardio and wrestle him. I would like to see Rampage win this fight and then retire.

BG
    If Rumble can hit him in the first round he could KO him but if it goes past the first then Daniel will out Cardio and wrestle him. I would like to see Rampage win this fight and then retire.
    That would be cool about Rampage, I dont think he will, probably needs the money.

What do you think about the "legends class" talk in the UFC? Hopefully if not they will make good match ups between the older guys that still want to fight if anything at all.

That would be cool about Rampage, I dont think he will, probably needs the money.

What do you think about the "legends class" talk in the UFC? Hopefully if not they will make good match ups between the older guys that still want to fight if anything at all.
    I think its just another way for UFC to make money. The new fighters are much better at cutting weight and are just bigger then the older guys. What do you think about Cyborg Fighting for the 145 Belt? I been watching her since Elite XC and Strikeforce

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I 100% agree and the more we talk about it the more I get excited.
    Have money details been announced? I would imagine it would have
    To be north of 100m for Connor and 300m for May?
    BG likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Always figured he would do even better boxing than in the octagon. He is a dead on striker with plenty of endurance. Just hope he doesnt fuck up and tjrow an arm bar on some poor bastard.
    He's a decent striker in MMA. Boxing is a whole different game. The bigger gloves will be interesting too see as well. He gassed in both of the DIAZ fights so we will have to see there as well.
    BG likes this.

I think it would be cool to see the older guys still fight..u know the guys that u use to watch that made u a fan of the sport...but in the same sense it might just be a bunch of horrible sloppy matches lol...
    Come to think of it Bellator is pretty much the UFCs legends league lol
    BG likes this.

I think its just another way for UFC to make money. The new fighters are much better at cutting weight and are just bigger then the older guys. What do you think about Cyborg Fighting for the 145 Belt? I been watching her since Elite XC and Strikeforce
    Long overdue for cyborg...she should been the first person to compete for it.
    That's been my girl waaaay back before she fought Carano
    Shea a killer man..I mean 10 yrs unbeaten and she still stoppin opponents not just winning the fights
    BG likes this.

It's weird..I thought back when Hughes..Liddell....penn..couture...all those guys retired that the sport would go downhill and not be exciting anymore but obviously I was wrong and it's a alot of good guys and females that's keeping this sport alive that u just didn't see comin
    Obs and BG like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82
    Long overdue for cyborg...she should been the first person to compete for it. That's been my girl waaaay back before she fought Carano Shea a killer man..I mean 10 yrs unbeaten and she still stoppin opponents not just winning the fights
    agree they need her fighting and the 145 class is perfect for her.
    BG likes this.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    I think it would be cool to see the older guys still fight..u know the guys that u use to watch that made u a fan of the sport...but in the same sense it might just be a bunch of horrible sloppy matches lol...
    Come to think of it Bellator is pretty much the UFCs legends league lol
    Hahahaha pretty true about Bellator. Some times sloppy fights are fun as long as they are trying hard. There is a lot of older guys that could still fight at a high level, but not a the top. Pride towards the end was making some real good match up of guys that just werent top level. Im trying to remember one of my favorite fights for a while now but cant come up with it. Maybe Bio will can, he was a American wrestler, pretty big with black curly hair, not Dan Severn. It was pretty, but sure fun to watch.

Cyborg fight will be great, Im surprised Dana didnt get this weight class sooner. Only thing is I think Cyborg was peaked a while back and maybe be heading downward now. But who knows, she's a machine, she still is probably better then the rest still.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiac82 View Post
    It's weird..I thought back when Hughes..Liddell....penn..couture...all those guys retired that the sport would go downhill and not be exciting anymore but obviously I was wrong and it's a alot of good guys and females that's keeping this sport alive that u just didn't see comin
    All sports evolve, but its never the same. Look at Jordan, I thought there would never be someone like him but now theres LeBron.......great player but still not quite as fun to watch as Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    He's a decent striker in MMA. Boxing is a whole different game. The bigger gloves will be interesting too see as well. He gassed in both of the DIAZ fights so we will have to see there as well.
    Do you think boxers expend as much energy as in mma? Im not saying boxers arent in great shape but you throw a little bit of wrestling in and some dirty boxing/clinch fighting in and they would gas right out. I think he will last the three rounds it would take to KO Mayweather (yes that my prediction lol)
    Last edited by BG; 03-26-2017 at 09:10 AM.

BG
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Have money details been announced? I would imagine it would have
    To be north of 100m for Connor and 300m for May?
    Dana offered them both 25mil as a purse and not sure what the PPV part would be but Conner said no way.
    Last edited by BG; 03-26-2017 at 09:28 AM.

BG
    McGregor/Mayweather:

I think the money end of the deal will be what hurts the UFC/MMA world. What if Conner makes that much money(50 mil+), will all the other fighters hold out after this for more and more? Im sure thats what Dana is worried about, is already losing his grip, guys aren't taking fights, not making weight. Look at the last UFC with Holms, that was horrible that co-main event between Tony Ferguson and Khabib Nurmagomedov never took place...........I paid for that and that ppv sucked so bad without that fight.

Hahahaha pretty true about Bellator. Some times sloppy fights are fun as long as they are trying hard. There is a lot of older guys that could still fight at a high level, but not a the top. Pride towards the end was making some real good match up of guys that just werent top level. Im trying to remember one of my favorite fights for a while now but cant come up with it. Maybe Bio will can, he was a American wrestler, pretty big with black curly hair, not Dan Severn. It was pretty, but sure fun to watch. Cyborg fight will be great, Im surprised Dana didnt get this weight class sooner. Only thing is I think Cyborg was peaked a while back and maybe be heading downward now. But who knows, she's a machine, she still is probably better then the rest still. All sports evolve, but its never the same. Look at Jordan, I thought there would never be someone like him but now theres LeBron.......great player but still not quite as fun to watch as Jordan Do you think boxers expend as much energy as in mma? Im not saying boxers arent in great shape but you throw a little bit of wrestling in and some dirty boxing/clinch fighting in and they would gas right out. I think he will last the three rounds it would take to KO Mayweather (yes that my prediction lol)
    I think you should watch her fighting now bro. I really thin k cyborg is peaking now. She is destroying her opponents. Dana was waiting because Rhonda was the pride and joy but now that she is done and it looks like Holm is out of the mix he needs another star

BG
    I think you should watch her fighting now bro. I really thin k cyborg is peaking now. She is destroying her opponents. Dana was waiting because Rhonda was the pride and joy but now that she is done and it looks like Holm is out of the mix he needs another star
    Thats great, it will good for the sport if she is at her best. That will show how far ahead she is, she was champ a pretty long time ago, they usually cant come from being champ in another organization and do as well in the ufc. I havent caught many of her last fights, one I remember but the girl the fought only had a handful of fights I believe.

Thats great, it will good for the sport if she is at her best. That will show how far ahead she is, she was champ a pretty long time ago, they usually cant come from being champ in another organization and do as well in the ufc. I havent caught many of her last fights, one I remember but the girl the fought only had a handful of fights I believe.
    She has been the Invicta champ for over a year now. They have been letting her fight in both Invicta and the UFC cause she is such a draw. I just read that she has vacated her 145 Invicta belt because she will be fighting for the UFC 145 belt. I cant wait to see this!!
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 03-26-2017 at 10:34 AM.

BG
    She has been the Invicta champ for over a year now. They have been letting her fight in both Invicta and the UFC cause she is such a draw. I just read that she has vacated her 145 Invicta belt because she will be fighting for the UFC 145 belt. I cant wait to see this!!
    Very cool, I always forget about Invicta.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Very cool, I always forget about Invicta.
    Your a cool guy bg, I never did get to see pics of you, did you post them?

Invicta 22 results

Tonya Evinger def. Yana Kunitskaya via submission (rear-naked choke) at 4:32 of R2
    Livia Renata Souza def. Ayaka Hamasaki via TKO at 1:41 of R1
    Jodie Esquibel def. DeAnna Bennett via split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
    Ashley Cummins def. Amber Brown via unanimous decision (30-27, 29-28, 29-28)
    Sunna Davidsdottir def. Mallory Martin via unanimous decision (39-27, 29-28, 29-28)
    Miranda Maverick def. Kal Holliday Schwartz via submission (armbar) at 3:01 of R1
    Felicia Spencer def. Madison McElhaney via unanimous decision (30-27x2, 29-28)

Bellator 179

Paul Daley vs Rory Macdonald

Michael Page Vs Derek Anderson

Liam McGeary vs Linton Vassell

I am really excited about how this card is looking so far. Rory was a real force in the UFC so we will finally see What Daley is made of. Cant wait to see this main event!!

BG
    Bellator 179

I am really excited about how this card is looking so far. Rory was a real force in the UFC so we will finally see What Daley is made of. Cant wait to see this main event!!
    Oh ya potential for a great fight. Has Rory been fighting regularly?

BG
    Your a cool guy bg, I never did get to see pics of you, did you post them?
    Heres some crapy sideways one. Leg one isnt very clear, cant see any separation. I just started 300mgs of prop, Ill take some more when they get going.
    Last edited by BG; 03-26-2017 at 05:47 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Oh ya potential for a great fight. Has Rory been fighting regularly?
    he lost those last couple fight in the UFC and this will be his first in bellator

BG
    he lost those last couple fight in the UFC and this will be his first in bellator
    His few fights in the UFC were let downs, seemed like he lost his fire, he used to have a mean streak but it wasn't there in those fights. So he hasnt fought since the UFC?

Obs
    Heres some crapy sideways one. Leg one isnt very clear, cant see any separation. I just started 300mgs of prop, Ill take some more when they get going.
    You are a machine. Someday I will be there. Thanks man its good motivation.
    BG likes this.

BG
    You are a machine. Someday I will be there. Thanks man its good motivation.
    Thanks, Ill get some better ones soon, I hate posting bad pictures. I give you credit you will post anything LMAO Still getting some laughs from that try at a double bi !
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Thanks, Ill get some better ones soon, I hate posting bad pictures. I give you credit you will post anything LMAO Still getting some laughs from that try at a double bi !
    I know man, I am still kicking myself. I try to be honest though a bad pic is good motivation too.
    BG likes this.

His few fights in the UFC were let downs, seemed like he lost his fire, he used to have a mean streak but it wasn't there in those fights. So he hasnt fought since the UFC?
    he hasnt... He was suppose to be the next thing but the Robbie ko'd him and your right his next fight didn't look that good. It will be interesting to see what he does vs Daley.

BG
    he hasnt... He was suppose to be the next thing but the Robbie ko'd him and your right his next fight didn't look that good. It will be interesting to see what he does vs Daley.
    I saw an interview with Alistair Overeem during which he talked about be knocked out. He said it effects them greatly, he said he took time off (months), spent time with his daughter and forgot what happened. He said it very hard to fight right after it. Maybe thats what happened with Mcdonald and he fought Wonderboy next who is no joke. I bet he was afraid to get ko'd again thats why he fought like shit. Yes this night will determine his future in fighting for sure.

I saw an interview with Alistair Overeem during which he talked about be knocked out. He said it effects them greatly, he said he took time off (months), spent time with his daughter and forgot what happened. He said it very hard to fight right after it. Maybe thats what happened with Mcdonald and he fought Wonderboy next who is no joke. I bet he was afraid to get ko'd again thats why he fought like shit. Yes this night will determine his future in fighting for sure.
    agree. We have seen it over and over once a fighter gets a vicious knock out often they are just never the same

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Dana offered them both 25mil as a purse and not sure what the PPV part would be but Conner said no way.
    MAYWEATHER laughed that offer off as well. 25 mil for Floyd would be a pay cut. Bob Arum is saying that he heard the UFC is wanting 50% of MCGREGORS purse if he fights him.

Bellator 179

Man I think rory is gonna win,but I always loved Semtex..he's gone down as a fighter...but just like Henderson he still has one hell of a right....I think rorys gonna pick him apart as he gasses (that's if Daley doesn't land first)
    MVP...very very exciting and a lot pple might not like him bcuz of his arrogance and normally I don't like guys like that but that dude is legit and fun to watch...I want to see him I'm the UFC as well

June 24th Bellator 180

Silva vs. Sonnen

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione

Michael Chandler vs. Brent Primus

Douglas Lima vs. Lorenz Larkin

Looking forward to seeing Micheal Chandler back in action and Fedor !!
    Last edited by Bio-Active; 03-28-2017 at 06:04 PM.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information