Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
Like Tree1449Likes

Thread: MuscleScience's Iron Lab

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    I love those little fruit snacks that you put in your kids lunch boxes. I'll eat them fuckers until I'm sick. I tell myself I will have one as a treat, next thing I know there are fruit snack wrappers everywhere and the box is empty.
    One of my biggets weaknesses. I love fruit snacks, and fruit roll ups.

jstone is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I'm not smarter than anyone on this board, well that's not true. There are a few cunts that I'm more smarter than. Lol

I have heard about hyuranic acid as a supplement before but not really looked deeply at it. I think there is even some medical modalities that inject it into joints and such. Being in the none-narcotic based pain management field we get a lot of trade reps in. All of them and their therapies start to blend together in my mind. I'll definitely check it out, Anything to keep my knee from hurting. That's for sure.
    I haven't heard of it being injected, but I know synovial fluid is. Hyaluronic acid is supposed to maintain synovial fluid levels, or restore them. For the longest time there was no way to make the molecule small enough to be bioavailable through the digestion process until recently when some company figured it out. I have only read a little about it, and it was less than 20 dollars so I tried it. So far its been great.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jstone View Post
    One of my biggets weaknesses. I love fruit snacks, and fruit roll ups.
    Oh god, fruit roll ups...
    RaginCajun likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Just got done with a new and improved back workout after getting bitched at by nach for doing sissy weights and getting some coaching from Marcus on what I was doing wrong with HIT training.lol

Nach was right I was leaving a lot on the table and I what I though I was doing right I wasn't quite getting the Essence of the "working set." Although the whole workout wasn't quite HIT by the time I was done I did get some descent lifts in. I was at the gym getting coached on the fly via PM. My next workout should be a better setup. But I got to say the last few lifts I did were insane my forearms were pumped to the max and my traps were swoll to my ears. That felt awesome. Its hard to hold my phone as I wait on my dinner to cook and type this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Just got done with a new and improved back workout after getting bitched at by nach for doing sissy weights and getting some coaching from Marcus on what I was doing wrong with HIT training.lol

Nach was right I was leaving a lot on the table and I what I though I was doing right I wasn't quite getting the Essence of the "working set." Although the whole workout wasn't quite HIT by the time I was done I did get some descent lifts in. I was at the gym getting coached on the fly via PM. My next workout should be a better setup. But I got to say the last few lifts I did were insane my forearms were pumped to the max and my traps were swoll to my ears. That felt awesome. Its hard to hold my phone as I wait on my dinner to cook and type this.
    haha!

i need to push it as well!

Blog Entries
    Traveling home for the weekend, since I have a 3 day weekend. Hope to get some workouts in. Knee is a bit tender still, but generally looking forwards to my next leg day. Been thinking a lot about what BG said about training differently than I had before getting hurt. Maybe even adapting to the new normal of doing something different with squat or cutting it out completely which kinda bums me out.
    Obs likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by RaginCajun View Post
    haha!

i need to push it as well!
    You're darn right you do.
    RaginCajun and MuscleScience like this.

Blog Entries
    Been around family again that I haven't seen in almost a year. When I saw them all last I hadn't been training for almost 2 years with the knee and all. My cousin told me I was looking pretty huge again and said what do you weigh now like 230-240....I kinda laughed and said no, I am about 215ish. He said I look way bigger than that. Which if I could train legs heavy again I might be that weight.

It's motivating to hear because I don't see myself as having got much bigger. But when he and another person pointed it out. I noticed that I have indeed got bigger, much bigger. It's funny how all of a sudden I could see.
    Last edited by MuscleScience; 05-28-2017 at 10:18 PM.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs
    Been around family again that I haven't seen in almost a year. When I saw them all last I hadn't been training for almost 2 years with the knee and all. My cousin told me I was looking pretty huge again and said what do you weigh now like 230-240....I kinda laughed and said no, I am about 215ish. He said I look way bigger than that. Which if I could train legs heavy again I might be that weight.

It's motivating to hear because I don't see myself as having got much bigger. But when he and another person pointed it out. I noticed that I have indeed got bigger, much bigger. It's funny how all of a sudden I could see.
    Best feeling in the world when someone notices. I bet we all get those days we look in the mirror and see a squirrel looking back at us, when thats not the case.

Blog Entries
    Been a busy week at work. I decided to make a career change and will be moving and opening up an agribusiness related company with a partner. Needless to say I have a lot on my plate. Can't wait to get to my workout after work tonight. Need to burn off some energy and try some of the new and IMPROVED HIT workouts I have came up with after talking with Marcus a bit.
    KJ419 and ghettoboyd like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Blog Entries
    Went in to do chest and tris but just couldn't get my shoulders and elbows warmed up. So I did back and bi's instead and got a pretty good workout in. Ill probably so legs tomorrow and chest on Monday depending on how my elbows feel. They actually had no been bothering me until today. Oh well, guess that's part of being and old man now.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience
    Went in to do chest and tris but just couldn't get my shoulders and elbows warmed up. So I did back and bi's instead and got a pretty good workout in. Ill probably so legs tomorrow and chest on Monday depending on how my elbows feel. They actually had no been bothering me until today. Oh well, guess that's part of being and old man now.
    30 YO is an old man? I guess you will refer to me as prehistoric. LOL

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    30 YO is an old man? I guess you will refer to me as prehistoric. LOL
    Age displayed in profile remains stuck at date of sign up, for some reason. If it says 30, I guess MS is 40-41.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries

I'm very glad to hear this MS! It takes time to get to true positive failure but once your at that point then you start incorporating drops or RPs(rest pauses) negatives(especially on unilateral ex's)

I was just thinking of your last split and what made me post was I used to do 2 BPs/day and even then I'd short change one of the BPs every time :/ but I'm glad i was able to help

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    I'm very glad to hear this MS! It takes time to get to true positive failure but once your at that point then you start incorporating drops or RPs(rest pauses) negatives(especially on unilateral ex's)

I was just thinking of your last split and what made me post was I used to do 2 BPs/day and even then I'd short change one of the BPs every time :/ but I'm glad i was able to help
    Rest pause is where you stop for a few moments. Get a little energy and then get another rep or two correct? There are a few definitions out there just make into sure we are on the same page.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Rest pause is where you stop for a few moments. Get a little energy and then get another rep or two correct? There are a few definitions out there just make into sure we are on the same page.
    Yessir! Usually like 10-15sec max and if you do partials into 1/3 reps into zero movement on true positive failure working set you may be able to get 2more I usually get 1-2 then again partials into 1/4s etc but I'd do this if you hit the higher end reps(8-10 - then 2-3RPs to finish everything off beyond failure its brutal b/c it's constant TUT!

Blog Entries
    Yessir! Usually like 10-15sec max and if you do partials into 1/3 reps into zero movement on true positive failure working set you may be able to get 2more I usually get 1-2 then again partials into 1/4s etc but I'd do this if you hit the higher end reps(8-10 - then 2-3RPs to finish everything off beyond failure its brutal b/c it's constant TUT!
    Frank Zane says something to the effect that the muscle doesn't care about numbers. It only responds to how it feels, so make the muscle think that wieght is heavier than it actually is. You do that by great form and slow slow negatives. Essentially increasing the TUT and tricking the muscle. I like that approach because if I can get the same or better amount of growth with lighter weight, that helps reduce the chance of injury. Which as I have spent so much time injuried I'm starting to shift my thinking to longevity as opposed to ego lifting in the gym.
    NACH3, RaginCajun and Obs like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Frank Zane says something to the effect that the muscle doesn't care about numbers. It only responds to how it feels, so make the muscle think that wieght is heavier than it actually is. You do that by great form and slow slow negatives. Essentially increasing the TUT and tricking the muscle. I like that approach because if I can get the same or better amount of growth with lighter weight, that helps reduce the chance of injury. Which as I have spent so much time injuried I'm starting to shift my thinking to longevity as opposed to ego lifting in the gym.
    You got it my friend

Blog Entries
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7704.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	169608
    Obs and KJ419 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Obs

Name:	IMG_7704.JPG 
Views:	225 
Size:	536.9 KB 
ID:	169608
    Outstanding!

Blog Entries
    Welp, battling an new injury. My left inner elbow is killing me. Has been on and off at times. But now it's fairly constant now and just woke me up throbbing a bit ago. It's 4am here lol
    marcus300 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Welp, battling an new injury. My left inner elbow is killing me. Has been on and off at times. But now it's fairly constant now and just woke me up throbbing a bit ago. It's 4am here lol
    Do you have access to Volteran cream... AG and Kel use it a lot and swear by it... what about some elbow sleeves(neoprene sleeves 4mm)??
    marcus300 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    This is also my problem... longevity! Needing that total rev shoulder replacement it feels like electricity going up my neck into my occipital on a constant basis :/ but I just push thru it's gotten a lot stronger 275 smith MP for 6 and it's only been 4wks back doing it in over 1.5-2 yrs...

But I gotta switch my thinking which I've been using a slightly higher rep range on the first set now every other week now which helps with the progressive overload factor so far.

Blog Entries
    Do you have access to Volteran cream... AG and Kel use it a lot and swear by it... what about some elbow sleeves(neoprene sleeves 4mm)??
    Yeah, I do and it helps. The problem is that I have stretched the ligaments out from baseball and has a lot of laxity in the joint. I am going to get some sleeves, they helped with my knee
    marcus300 and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    What tricep exercises are you doing MS? is your elbow worse after training them?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    What tricep exercises are you doing MS? is your elbow worse after training them?
    In the gym it's actually bicep exercise that hurt it. I'm careful with that, pulling exercises get it too.
    marcus300 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    In the gym it's actually bicep exercise that hurt it. I'm careful with that, pulling exercises get it too.
    I had inflammation issues in the same area but it was triceps movements what were the reason for the discomfort. Try the sleeves and gel see if you get any relief.
    MuscleScience and NACH3 like this.

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks
    pulling exercises get it too.

Except you'll go blind.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kelkel View Post
    Except you'll go blind.

Name:	IMG_7738.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	169629
    BG and NACH3 like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

kelkel is offline HRT Specialist ~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~ No Source Checks

Name:	IMG_7738.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	37.9 KB 
ID:	169629

Someone has to entertain the crowds....
    NACH3 likes this.
    -*- NO SOURCE CHECKS -*-

Mooseman33 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    i was out of the gym for a lonfg time with injury like this MS.

Im still scared to do biceps. i went thru a ton of cortisone shots. get a really good elbow support while lifting, and make sure its real tight. I have one of the copper ones.

That will help.
    when not training get a strap at cvs for tennis elbow.
    NACH3 and Obs like this.

Obs
    If its like mine, compression for an hour will stop it for a time. High reps get mine hurting the next day so bad its as if I literally just broke my arm at the elbow. Some days I spend thirty minutes to an hour moaning in pain after a hard day, the following morning. Other times it creeps up in the middle of the day. Its terrible.
    Oh and I use coach coflex type wrap that sticks to itself. I have to take it so tight it nearyly cuts off the circulation.
    After an hour or two I can take it off an move pretty normal. Sometimes i wonder if I am simply compressing the swelling out. Whatever it is works.
    Attachment 169632
    Last edited by Obs; 06-08-2017 at 01:25 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

Im still scared to do biceps. i went thru a ton of cortisone shots. get a really good elbow support while lifting, and make sure its real tight. I have one of the copper ones.

That will help.
    Like the copper fit?

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman33 View Post

That will help.
    Moose how do u like the copper ones?? I've used Tommy Copper for everything I can think for my shoulder and I've liked their technology... lmk buddy!

Blog Entries
    Moose how do u like the copper ones?? I've used Tommy Copper for everything I can think for my shoulder and I've liked their technology... lmk buddy!
    Tommy Copper was what I meant lol
    NACH3 likes this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    If its like mine, compression for an hour will stop it for a time. High reps get mine hurting the next day so bad its as if I literally just broke my arm at the elbow. Some days I spend thirty minutes to an hour moaning in pain after a hard day, the following morning. Other times it creeps up in the middle of the day. Its terrible.
    Oh and I use coach coflex type wrap that sticks to itself. I have to take it so tight it nearyly cuts off the circulation.
    After an hour or two I can take it off an move pretty normal. Sometimes i wonder if I am simply compressing the swelling out. Whatever it is works.
    Attachment 169632
    Ice will help with any swelling or inflammation - inflammation is the one thing that causes pain and more pain I'd suggest icing it 20on 20off a few times then running heat then finish with ice!
    Obs likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Tommy Copper was what I meant lol
    I know lol. Idk if they changed it or what to copper or whatever I think it's defo the same line!

I think high reps(15-20 to 30 even) will hurt moreso than heavy weight low reps - and HIT and progressive overload has done much better than high volume on my shoulder weird to me but I can see why - many reps over time you may be moving more weight overall but how many times does one have to do it to break down a muscle? 4-5sets at 15-20 reps when I can do 1set @ 6-8 reps drop set twice and get a better pump(if done with enough intensity) and tear down the fibers deeper - type 2b not 2a(which both are fast twitch)
    Last edited by NACH3; 06-09-2017 at 04:10 PM.
    MuscleScience and BG like this.

Obs
    Ice will help with any swelling or inflammation - inflammation is the one thing that causes pain and more pain I'd suggest icing it 20on 20off a few times then running heat then finish with ice!
    Funny this discussion got started, last night my pain was excruciating. I was layng in bed moaning and it kept me awake a couple of hours. I usually ice and Ibuprophen it with a tight wrap.
    This thing gives no warning and it comes on in full bitch mode when it starts. I can be sitting doing nothing and instantly its like a hot knife.
    I need my npp ricky tick.

Blog Entries
    Not much to report training wise, kinda doing some maintenance lifting and cardio to stay where I am at until work is wrapped up. On a positive note, my abs are coming which is surprising. This week should be lighter at work so I am going to get caught up on my training and cardio.

Elbow is feeling better, thanks for all the tips guys. Also my knee is feeling really good, so I am hitting up orange theory this week to keep up the rehab process.
    Quester, NACH3, Obs and 1 others like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Quester is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Attachment 169632
    OB,
    it sounds as if the thing that's in your elbow hurting is getting pressed by the muscle that you are using when your doing the high reps. My thinking: high reps cause more pump (more blood flow)=greater swelling of the muscle. Compression restricts pump. Maybe it's some type of tendonitis that is only indirectly affected by your workout? Maybe that injury is due to a different workout or occupational?

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread Information