Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LORDBLiTZ Guest

Sexual Discrimination

This all started out with a good friend of mine trying to make some extra money. He wants to become a lawyer and was looking for someone to sue for the experience. I told him i had a sure win case if he wanted to split the money with me. He agreed, and i told him we should sue a few gyms in town. Most gyms today have a female only area. By giving women the freedom to workout in either or area, but not the men is sexual discrimination. The men can not workout in the women's area but the women can workout in the men's. No matter how you look at it, it's sexual discrimination. Two weeks after my bro had the legal doc's served to the gym, the gyms owner wanted to make a deal. The owner asked what would it take to make this go away. My bro asked for 10k firm, at this point the owner was pissed az fuk, but knowing he would lose hands down in court he said he would do it. I guess his lawyer told him it would cost him less money this way then to lose the women's only part of the club. So he made my bro sign some legal papers to say he wouldn't try and sue the club again in exchange for the money. The bottom line is...even though most gyms have a women's only area, and most people look the other way about it, it's illegal anyway you look at it. I just think it's funny that the AR females forum works the same way. I thought everyone on AR has equal rights??? Hmmmmm........

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    This is the kind of stuff that makes me nuts. Who do you think will be paying that $10k in the end? Not the owner but members and new members of that gym. Lawyers and sue happy people are why we pay so much for everything we buy today.

Lawyers!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Maybe we should start a class action suit against PTby Jason...

I interviewed for a job and didn't get it. My headhunter told me that the reason I didn't get it is that the office is mostly female and they wanted to hire a woman. I'm like isn't that discrimination!!!

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    im sorry bro but i dont agree with you and your friends method at all. I'm not trying to start shit but in my opinion thats just pathetic.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by symatech
    im sorry bro but i dont agree with you and your friends method at all. I'm not trying to start shit but in my opinion thats just pathetic.
    You might not agree man, but sexual discrimination is illegal.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I'm telling ya it's a ........ SUE HAPPY WORLD!

kc
    kc is offline Female Member
    i can't even comment on this one without gettin pissed so, congrats your boy got experience....at the expense of people like US who pay through the nose for gym memberships!

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    To bring up a further issue (and as an aspiring law student I LIVE for this stuff) that might constitute a type of sexual discrimination, but one you guys and girls might be more willing to call "legitimate", consider the following.

My girlfriend works at a fairly progressive, suburban school; i'm sure you all know the type (basically the type of school that employs the type of curriculum that ED Hirsch and Harold Bloom argue against on different fronts). Anyway, to get to the point, to show how progressive they are, the offer health benefits to domestic partners that match exactly what a couple would receive if married, the obvious implicit intent being to demonstrate how "gay-friendly" a work environment the place is. For implementing the policy, my hat is off to them, as I think it is a travesty that gays can not marry, and subsequently are denied the very explicit legal "leverage" part and parcel of marriage. The true reasons (i suspect) for implementation, are abhorrent imo, as delineated above.

Now, here is where my problem arises. The plan defines domestic partner in a number of ways (never using the term "homosexual"), with the jist being that it requires cohabitation for an expressed period of time). For those on the board who know me, you are aware that, while in school, my father's death became quite a financial disruption, as his estate was battled over for a year by my mother, who suddenly returned from out of nowhere when she found a possible loophole in his will (but I digress). As a result, I was forced to take some time off of school, during which time I had ZERO health insurance whatsoever (as I had been obtaining it through the school). Under the domestic partner provisions of her insurance, we should have technically been considered domestic partners, as we met every criteria, having lived off campus together in the same apartment (with bills, statements, rent receipts, etc, etc to prove this). When she approached HR about this, however, she was literally laughed at, and given a response to the effect of "but he's a male". I was young and healthy, and, fortunately, made it through the uninsured period okay, though it was very frightening to be honest, knowing that every time I had a headache, if it kept up for two weeks, I couldn't do a whole lot about it. Though I urged her to fight it, she, understandably, did not want to make waves there, as she had yet to attain tenure.

Anyway, I believe I was discriminated against for being male and that WE were discriminated against for being heterosexual. Any thoughts/comments?

jammergsxr is offline Member
    I hope someone falls down on your property and sues the shit out of you.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jammergsxr
    I hope someone falls down on your property and sues the shit out of you.
    Flame on bro!!

Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    When she approached HR about this, however, she was literally laughed at, and given a response to the effect of "but he's a male".

Anyway, I believe I was discriminated against for being male and that WE were discriminated against for being heterosexual. Any thoughts/comments?
    The company I work for provides insurance for domestic partners. I was able to put my ex-girlfriend on my insurance because of this new program when we were living together.

When I get to work I will see what the criteria were to be eligible but I think I remember something about being related somehow. But the plan had nothing to do with being homosexual even though this is why the plan was created.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMudMan
    The company I work for provides insurance for domestic partners. I was able to put my ex-girlfriend on my insurance because of this new program when we were living together.

When I get to work I will see what the criteria were to be eligible but I think I remember something about being related somehow. But the plan had nothing to do with being homosexual even though this is why the plan was created.
    I'd appreciate that, as I've always been curious as to whether her school district put themselves in a legally compromising position through their actions. Like your plan, the set-up said nothing about homosexuality, though that was the ostensible reason for its actual creation. That mentality, however, became so ingrained that even HR couldn't see past the fact that it was "meant" for gays.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Uh. My comments are: I dont feel it is fair that gay people have GAY day parades and then if we wanted a HETEROSEXUAL parade we would have a law suit. Women want equal rights, yet they want their own seperate space in a gym. You cant have it both ways. Either you want it to be open to everyone or seperate. I dont get it. Where do the women come off saying we cant go in their segregated areas but they can go in ours?
    Comments on BIG GREENS. I dont see the relation to LORDs post and yours. I think insurance companies would be an entirely DIFFERANT thread. IMO. Yeah yeah they discriminated because of race but LORD discussed how he got money from a bogus law suit settlement. I could go on but I wont. I dont know where I stand on the matter.

sd11 is offline Banned
    Big Green it all comes down to the specific guidelines. I believe an "eligible domestic partner" is defined as a person who, in addition to other requirements, has resided with the employee for a one-year period, is not related by blood to the employee, and is financially interdependent with the employee (requires that the employee must provide more than 50% of the domestic partner's support).

righton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LORDBLiTZ
    You might not agree man, but sexual discrimination is illegal.
    Plain and simple!

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    This story is totally bogus. For you to go in and demand 10K is extortion and you would have been in much greater trouble than the gym owner with felony charges. I highly doubt the gym owner would just hand over 10K. I am sure an attorney could have represented him for less than 10K. The gym is a private enterprise. They can legally have a female only section. Have you ever heard of the PGA and the controversies involving tournaments at male exclusive clubs? Your post is silly and childish. You need to find something else to occupy your time during summer vacation until you get back to Jr High.

jeffylyte is offline Member
    Indiana. My phallus is bigger than Nathan's!
    if the lawsuit was about sex discrimination why settle for money? if i was doing it to fight an injustice no way would i settle, I would carry it out, and win, and hope they appeal and so on to get it to the highest levels of the court.

the easiest solution would have been to create an all male section. also, just because discrimination happens, does not mean its illegal. it must be from a entity that accepts government money or from a public service. now gyms fall under the second one, most likely. but you never know how the court will see it. if you can show that the area is set up to combat a sexually charged atmosphere for the women, it may be legal. think about. when a hot woman walks in, all the guys leer. and what about these curves for women places? are they public services? if so they would be illegal as well.

the point is, its not so cut and dry as we like to believe. what is cut and dry is that the costs of settling are much lower than the lawyers fees for fighting.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    On the same lines i've wondered how the bars and clubs dont get sued for always having ladies nights and never having guys nights...

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Needtobeswoledup
    On the same lines i've wondered how the bars and clubs dont get sued for always having ladies nights and never having guys nights...

Good point!!! I'm starting to get pissed off about the guys having to pay a cover change and they let the ladies walk right in.

mfenske is offline Member
    Ladies night, that's easy. Guys wanna get laid. Many guys like to get laid with ladies. Charge the ladies less and more guys show up. The bar makes more money. Here in central, WI every night is guy's night. It's like a freakin sausage festival. Mark

Good point!!! I'm starting to get pissed off about the guys having to pay a cover change and they let the ladies walk right in.
    Great, looks like someones going after more free money................. no wait I'm sorry, it's all about the injustice. Yeah, right!

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by markas214
    This story is totally bogus. For you to go in and demand 10K is extortion and you would have been in much greater trouble than the gym owner with felony charges. I highly doubt the gym owner would just hand over 10K. I am sure an attorney could have represented him for less than 10K. The gym is a private enterprise. They can legally have a female only section. Have you ever heard of the PGA and the controversies involving tournaments at male exclusive clubs? Your post is silly and childish. You need to find something else to occupy your time during summer vacation until you get back to Jr High.
    You sir need to go back to jr high!! You have no clue about how the law works!! Extortion? Felony charges? Ummm, i'm in Canada! We don't have Felony charges here. Can you please point out the extortion charges ??????? Also, private enterprise means jack shit! Just because you own a private enterprise does not mean that you are above the law.The same goes for the PGA. I don't care what private enterprise, PGA, or any other club for that matter. The law is the law! And you can't make up new laws that only apply to you because you don't like the ones we have. You should think before you post! Your argument is based on assumptions. And assumptions have no grounds in court.

I still do not believe your story. Please quote me the statute you believe he was in violation of and what type of damages you were seeking in your suit and how you arrived at those damages. If what you say were true there would be no women only spas, clubs, associations etc. If you demandedd 10k in exchange for a promise not to sue that is extortion. Suits may be settled but they need to be filed first. I will not waste anymore time on this post so if you want the last word you may have it.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    MARKAS. Its not extorsion. He sued the gym to make it accessable to all members. The gym owner did not feel that would suit his female members. He offered 10k to settle OUT OF COURT. HOW IS THAT EXTORSION?? Before you flame someone, know the facts.

Bermich, you may believe him but I don't. Saying "before I flame...know the facts" is not going to change my mind. What facts? Just because some guy goes on line and tells a story does not make the story factual. I gave the reasons for my disbelief. Maybe the Jr High remark was a little rude but I simply find this story beyond belief. I can't believe people are so naive as to take this as fact. If this really happened then I could go to the court tomorrow and file the same suit and demand 10K. Then another dozen people could do the same thing. Do you really believe that the gym owners lawyer would advise him to settle for 10K "firm" a suit filed by some kid who wants to be a lawyer some day. Give me a break.
    Last edited by markas214; 07-11-2003 at 02:37 PM.

sd11 is offline Banned
    Lord Blitz, I'm just curious did they have better, different, or more equipment in the womans only section?

This all started out with a good friend of mine trying to make some extra money. I told him i had a sure win case if he wanted to split the money with me.

See..... it's not about trying to make fast cash, it's about what's right and the laws being broken!!!! Give me a break, it's people like you that abuses the legal systems to make a quick buck!

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    See..... it's not about trying to make fast cash, it's about what's right and the laws being broken!!!! Give me a break, it's people like you that abuses the legal systems to make a quick buck!
    Exactly BIG T!...... These two didn't care about making the "problem" beter they only cared about the cash. Please LORDBLiTZ don't respond to this saying you do care because if you and your buddy did than you would have refused the pay off and would have continued with the suit to have things changed.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    There are a lot of discrimenation points that I have studied and found very interesting. LordBlitz made up a good point about the female only area. At the gym I worked at and worked out at there was a female only section. It aggrevated me because that room was practicaly empty while the main gym was jammed pack and getting on equipment was impossible. Most of the members in the main gym were female at that. Do I think this is fair? No, absolutely not. The point about the Gay parade also makes sense. Another point I want to bring up is something that I watched on tv. It was a discussion on racism. Members of the white supremecy complained that they are called racists and are looked down upon for speaking there views (I can understand maybe why because of their past ways). At the same time there are the black organizations that have their groups and nothing is said. I don't support racism whatsover but the discussion brought up a good point as to what is discrimenating.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    BIG TEXAN and MudMan, did i ever say it wasn't about the money?

usualsuspect is offline Anabolic Member
    No wonder the family owned-and-operated mom and pop stores can no longer compete with the corporations of the world...it's people like LORDBLITZ that put the small guy out of business by kicking him in the nuts with some bullshit lawsuit. Thats really great LORD, that you and your buddy discovered a way to make a quick buck. Next time, why don't you just sell your soul to the devil for a lousy $10,000. Or better yet you can start selling fake bottles of test to members on the board. Let's face it there's not a difference...your screwing someone else one way or another. Nuff said...US

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by usualsuspect
    No wonder the family owned-and-operated mom and pop stores can no longer compete with the corporations of the world...it's people like LORDBLITZ that put the small guy out of business by kicking him in the nuts with some bullshit lawsuit. Thats really great LORD, that you and your buddy discovered a way to make a quick buck. Next time, why don't you just sell your soul to the devil for a lousy $10,000. Or better yet you can start selling fake bottles of test to members on the board. Let's face it there's not a difference...your screwing someone else one way or another. Nuff said...US
    Man, bow ur head! I didn't do anything illegal. I don't care if people hate me or not. What me and my bro did was all done within the law. Where do you come off about me selling my soul or selling fake steroids ? Speaking of the devil, You must be close to him Did you just judge me? Isn't that a sin?

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Two weeks after my bro had the legal doc's served to the gym, the gyms owner wanted to make a deal. The owner asked what would it take to make this go away. My bro asked for 10k firm, at this point the owner was pissed az fuk, but knowing he would lose hands down in court he said he would do it. I guess his lawyer told him it would cost him less money this way then to lose the women's only part of the club. So he made my bro sign some legal papers to say he wouldn't try and sue the club again in exchange for the money. The bottom line is...even though most gyms have a women's only area, and most people look the other way about it, it's illegal anyway you look at it. I just think it's funny that the AR females forum works the same way. I thought everyone on AR has equal rights??? Hmmmmm........
    That's fucked up, bro.
    1st.....You got screwed because anybody knows that a lawyer's fee is usually 1/3 of the settlement. If you 2 are splitting the 10K, you got screwed and your friend took you for a ride.

But what pisses me off more is that YOU SOLD OUT. Men are ALWAYS getting fucked by laws that appeal to women only. Alimony, child support (which I don't mind except when women uses it for their own support and not the child's), sexual harrassments, etc. And now that you had a perfect case, what happened? YOU SETTLED. Obviously, the gym owner knew you had him by the balls. Dude, don't start something that you can't handle.

My personal view towards equal rights:

If women want to be equal to men, FINE. Enlist for the military draft like men. I bet there's more men in Iraq now than there are women. Forget about maturnity leave, as men can't get them. Every woman with whom I've worked would go on maturnity leave and never return to work. When can us guys do that? There is no such thing as having to leave work early to "tend to the child/children". Hire a damn nanny, for Christ's sake.

FUCK GAY PRIDE celebrations: How about fucking American Pride damn it? Why is it that everytime someone "comes out of the closet", they have to exploit their "gayness" to the public? If they want to be accepted so damn bad, DON'T EXPLOIT IT or throw it in everybody's face so much. Since 2 same sex individuals cannot conceive a child, why the hell should there be same sex marriages?

Whewwww!!! There, I've said my piece.
    PEACE OUT
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 07-11-2003 at 07:08 PM.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    TheChosen1

You sound like TOM LEYKIS!!!!!

TheChosen1 is offline Member

Cool

TheChosen1

You sound like TOM LEYKIS!!!!!
    Leykis 101 student at your service, bro. I can't tell you how much I agree with the shit he says. Except for the single mothers stuff. I'm here to say that those are the best sex you can get as long as you "keep it undercover".......LOL

withoutd0ubt is offline Associate Member
    There are so many things that are discriminating toward every kind of person but it amazes me how most of these discriminations actually go AGAINST whites.

Take the NAACP (national association for the advancement of COLORED people) ... what if there was an NAACP that stood for national association for the advancement of CAUCASION people?????? every black person in america would scream bloody murder and say it's discrimination...

what about the BET channel ? what if there was a WET (white entertainment channel) ????? once again, there would be a giant fiasco...

ever wonder how there are specific segregated black award ceremonies like black beauty pagents and black actors awards??? what if there was a white only award or a white only pagent , I mean SERIOUSLY people what do you think would happen!!

AFFIRMATIVE ACTION---- i don't give two shits if it makes a school more diverse, if you want to have quota systems then go by percentages of the population, which they don't, ONCE AGAIN, discrimination to white people....

BLACK coaching associations in the NFL , NBA and MLB, which maintain that a certain amount of black coaches have to have positions... what ever happened to QUALIFICATIONS????? throw those out the window

ENOUGH SAID!!!!!!!!!

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TheChosen1
    Leykis 101 student at your service, bro. I can't tell you how much I agree with the shit he says. Except for the single mothers stuff. I'm here to say that those are the best sex you can get as long as you "keep it undercover".......LOL
    Great to see i'm not the only 101 student here bro!! I wonder if we are the only ones? Also, i agree with you about the single mom stuff. Just make sure you put a lil tabasco sauce in the condom before you throw it in the trash

I don't care if people hate me or not. What me and my bro did was all done within the law.
    Nobody said they hated you or at least I didn't. I just think what you did was wrong no matter if it was done within the law or not. All people care about anymore is making a quick buck and they don't worry about the long term effects of it.

gym sweat is offline Junior Member
    damn, arent' lawyers the poor mans' friend? lol too bad you guys need the cash. Cause as experience, it would have been great to have it drawn out in court. Thats learning experience. but he settled... in which it would have been great to drop the charges right there, but again..like you said, you guys needed the cash. So did the guy unsegragate his gym? OR IS IT STILL THE SAME? at least let the battle have served a purpose and not only your own financial purpose.

THECHOSEN1 - hey my company offers the SAME maternity leave benefits for the fathers...
    As for parades... I think gay parades are kinda focused on more...but I've seen Puerto Rican Day parades, and St Patrick day parades, Goombay (Bahamian parade)...all kinds of parades...I dont think its that hard to organize a parade...hey , you could be the founder of the straight day parade or something...All these celebrations are from groups that once were or are opressed, like minority groups. I dont think caucasians are a minority, but parades are still a celebration to show that we live in such a country that allows the FREEDOM to be.

Carlos_E is offline National Level Bodybuilder/Hall of Famer/RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by Catamount
    Another point I want to bring up is something that I watched on tv. It was a discussion on racism. Members of the white supremecy complained that they are called racists and are looked down upon for speaking there views (I can understand maybe why because of their past ways). At the same time there are the black organizations that have their groups and nothing is said. I don't support racism whatsover but the discussion brought up a good point as to what is discrimenating.
    I know of no black organizations that wear hoods, hide their identity, or hold hanging and cross burnings. Name one please.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information