• 2 Post By marcus300
  • 2 Post By diesel101
  • 1 Post By Obs
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By cousinmuscles

Thread: Igniting your fire

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member

Igniting your fire

I love reading marcus' posts about getting himself psyched up for a heavy lift nd im curious as to what everyone elses ritual is?

I dont mean just sitting down for a set - i mean sitting down for THE set.
    How do you ignite your fire and get the adrenaline flowing

Do you crank your music up?
    Do you scream and growl?
    Do you pace up and down, eyes glazing over?
    Do you think about something in particular that makes you angry?

My personal routine involves pacing, with my left hand rubbing together. Music up. Counting to 8 in my head (each count is a heavy breath)
    Suffocating myself with oxygen preparing for this heavy as fuck weight.

On 4 its game time. Ignition switch flipped. Eyes starting to glaze. On 8 i sit down.

Another count of 8 -
    1-4 'this fucker is going up' i start to get angry
    On 4 i grip the weight and close my eyes.
    Exhale all oxygen as hard as i can, pull in all the oxygen twice as hard and UP the weight goes.

Please share your thoughts
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    I think about every dispicable thing I have ever done. When I lift I literally hate everything especially myself.
    A good workout is a punishment. Some people cut themselves but I lift.

I am not really human uring and for a short time after a workout. It takes a while just to come back to reality. I cant and don't speak afterward. I usually stay off to myself after so I don't yell at someone and so no one speaks to me.

I channel ever mental inadequacy I have into hate and anger and I am very good at it hence my title.

It is very, very good for my mental health. Once I come back to myself its a complete reset. I can release a week of shit stress buildup on a workout.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I just need to let the brakes go... if I'm functioning properly the adrenaline comes naturally with a good workout, the greater the effort the higher the fumes.

Sent from my GT-I9105P using Tapatalk
    Obs and marcus300 like this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Repost..........

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.
    MuscleScience and Obs like this.

diesel101 is offline Anabolic Member
    I have those few "songs" that get me pumped while I stare at myself in the mirror thinking to myself how many 47 year olds can do what you are about to do or would even attempt it. I am "that guy" in the gym that lets out a bear like growl while lifting heavy.
    MuscleScience and marcus300 like this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Repost..........

For me I think about certain things what have happened to me in my past what ignites my adrenalin and releases an inner aggression what I can only state as unstoppable. I talk to my inner self and take away everything around me, I am alone and only can hear my inner voice speaking and I drift to a time and relive an event in my mind like I am there again, the feelings what I felt at the time I feel again, the atmosphere I feel around me exactly like it was, I relive the exact circumstances at that moment and how I felt after and this completely isolates me from the outside world and I am stuck in the past reliving an event. At a moments notice I can come straight out into this rage and channel these emotions into the working set with the adrenalin flowing and my inner voice shouting at me. I also use another method which works for me also, I can also concentrate and watch myself doing the working and yet again take myself out of the situation I am in and go through in my head what is about to happen and I can trigger the inner aggression. I know I want it so much, I know I have to take myself to places were my body has not been before, I know its going to hurt but I kind of like that knowing I am about to inflict pain onto myself, this again ignites all these feelings inside of me that make me feel unstoppable and no one could out lift or train with the same intensity as me. That's what I feel when I am in this zone I know no one can come close I truly believe this and with that positive thinking I can take myself to failure and beyond. That's the two ways what do it for me.

I know guys who listen to music and crank it up and get into the zone, I know guys who walk up and down thinking about the set and getting into the zone, I know guys who want to be slapped which I've done in the past which instantly releases the fighting instinct which allows you to lift more than you would if you weren't in the zone. The problem is with some guys is learning how to get into this zone, its all about mind control and taking yourself away from where you are and talking to your inner self and produce these feelings. Some people can't do this and it needs to be learnt over weeks/months just like training to true positive failure like we do with HIT. Ever watch Branch pre working set how he gets himself into the zone, you can actually see his eyes change and his whole demeanour into this animal what looks unstoppable, same with Dorian and many others they all have the ability to get into this zone and recruit those tough fibers what only get activated when your at failure and beyond.

I do watch Youtube videos many times before I go training because this for me motivates myself and helps me prepare for what I am about to do in the gym. I know some of you feed of this thread before working out because I can tell with what you say before and after you train, its all about motivation, dedication and having the mental focus to keep positive and have that inner drive. We all have been under a BB with some serious weight on thinking to yourself I am going to fail this, you even say to your partner watch me I think I am going to struggle with this one and guess what happens???? you struggle and the set is a waste of time. We all have been there and ive been there many times in the past thinking this way trying to break into new areas without having the positive mind set or approach what it takes do accomplish this.

Learn how to train your mind and you will develop further not only mentally but physically aswell. I've read a lot of mind control, self help books and I am trained in areas to help direct and open peoples minds. I really enjoy NLP which helped me when I was going through times of trouble in my mind and I couldn't focus on anything. You have to learn this behaviour if it doesn't come naturally, but simple steps and trying what works for you will point you in the right direction were you to can get into the zone what will help you develop further in your training.
    I think I am satan's undoing at this but you made me think a little on my technique. Thanks for the post.
    MuscleScience likes this.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    I don’t really get psyched up anymore . Sometimes on a big lift i will think about something that pisses me off. Mostly I just hate what i see in the mirror and do everything i can to change it.
    Obs and songdog like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think I'm a bit different than most in that I lose out by bringing in aggression. What I do is prepare myself for the day, by getting enough carbs, staying hydrated, and keeping an empty mind free of day to day bullshit. I have yet to find a perfect solution to electrolyte balance though LOL...

Before the lifts I do some stretches as I'm naturally stiff. I really enjoy being calculated and doing a proper warm up. I like walking back and forth with even numbers of footsteps, until I do it without knowing I did. Then I might growl/pump up a little to get my pulse up. Same with breathing deeply right before the set to first get a bit too much air, then find the right moment where I have the right pulse/pressure but not wheezing. Always check the log book before all this to see what I did last and imagine doing the same plus more. Then execute it as best as I can technique wise. Makes me happier than ever to move away from this world to another where nothing else exists but the mechanics behind the lift and my vehicle AKA my body lol.
    Obs likes this.

Thread Information