View Poll Results: If You Had The Chance, Would You Go PRO?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would go Pro and all the sacrifices are worth it

4 40.00%
  • No, I wouldn't go Pro. The sacrifices aren't worth it.

6 60.00%
    RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member

If you had a chance to be a PRO? Would You?

We all read Muscle Development, Flex, Muscle Media, hell, even once in awhile picking up a T-Mag and flip through the pages to find pictures of insanely HUGE dudes that have dedicated almost everything in their lives to attain the physique they pose in their pictures. We all say the same thing (atleast majority of us), "Fuuuck, that's insane! I'd love to be that huge!" But would you really?

The pro's sacrifice almost everything to get where they are. Their health, social life and family (in most cases) all come second to their goals. A lifestyle that's truly only meant for a few people...a very few.

Here's a question for you...

IF YOU HAD A CHANCE TO GO PRO, WOULD YOU? IS IT WORTH IT?

Personally, I would have to say no. I recently ran into Paul Dillet and let me tell your ass this dude is a fuckin' freak! HUGE! But he didn't seem happy with where he was. Seems like he wasn't content with his sacrifices, and personally, I wouldn't be able to do that.

I'm sure this will spark a good conversatiion, so I'm gonna sit back and see what my bro's/sis' replies are.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Maybe not for my whole life but admit it would be cool walking around for a week being the size of Jay Cutler in contest shape!
    Just to feel how it was and to se if they get as many babes as i think they do Or maybe that is because of the money? Would be cool walking up to an x girl or your former classmates from highschool too

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    I'm going to have to say no. Being at the top of ANY profession requires those very same sacrifices you mentioned (just ask any partner at an elite law firm, top surgeon or musician) to what I believe to be the very same degree. That being said, however, a lawyer, doctor or artist (except in the cases of extreme celebrity) can, if they are able to be disciplined and inject some balance into themselves, cease to be their profession upon leaving the office. A professional bodybuilder, on the other hand, not only wears his profession on his cutoff sleeves, but has that profession encroach on literally every aspect of his life. I don't care how good a lawyer you are, it doesn't necessarily affect the clothing you can but to a huge degree, yet a pro bb'er is severely limited in that sense. Becoming a top surgeon does not preclude one from comfortably attending a movie theatre; the same can not be said for a bb'er. Finally, all the musical talent in the world will not cause you to sweat through five t-shirts a day and lumber around the offseason clamoring for breath.

I agree with you Big Green. You sacrifice a lot. I wouldn't mind to be a BIG dude, but physically impressive asthetically. Nice small waist, big everything else, solid and cut. But not insanely big.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I would like to go pro someday, only if my family fully understood my desires and wouldn't feel like I put them on the back burner. It is true the sacrifices these men and women make to get where they are. If I had the blessings and 100% undieing support of my wife and kids than yes, but if there is the slightest hint of resentment than I say no. My family will always come first.

Catamount is offline Associate Member
    Being only 22 I would say yes in a heartbeat. I don't care what sacrifices I would. Bodybuilding has been my life and I love the attention. Like Tex said family comes first. If I were to have a family then my answer would be completely different. You'd miss out on too much and that time you could never have back.

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    For me I would have to to say yes as long as I dont have anything in my life to worry about being family ect. but bodybuilding is a very good sport and a lot of knowledge goes into it not just working out and eating and to have the respect of other bbers that are just as big or close to would be great

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I wouldn't... they r 2 big... if i could go back and be a pro in arnolds day... hell yes.

Back in the Arnold days I would go Pro too! Now THAT'S a truly awesome physique. Proportioned so well and distinctly big in places where it matters most for the asthetics of everyday life...Chest, back, arms, shoulders, legs...(haha, everything!) and small in the waist. I would go Pro if it were back then too.

G Child is offline Anabolic Member
    Some kind of padded room...wearing some kinda white jacket...can't move...help!
    N
    O

posterhunk is offline Junior Member
    I Would Just Enter A Couple Of Contest Shows So I Wouldn't Want To Be A Pro.

Thread Information