Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Sh0tsf1red
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience

Thread: Americans and Common Core Education

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man

Americans and Common Core Education

I want to hear other parents opinions on this.
    My kids come home with absolute trash lately. More homework than I ever had times two because the teachers are forcing more crap down their throat than they can handle.
    I literally teach the kids 85% of what they learn! They show me the homework and are totally lost.
    Their freaking vocabulary is still working on two and three syllable words like "balloon" and "nibble" while their math is asking them to define "commutative property"!

They somehow turned the term "diagram" into "array"!
    That shit had me lost for three days!
    This shit doesn't fit! Its not in order! You should listen to a freaking 8 year old that can barely read try to say commutative property!
    This shit consumes so much of my time I am considering homeschool. I teach them everything they learn any way, why the hell should I pay for a school that does nothing? Every time I see this material I about implode. Its hard to teach anything when you are redfaced and angry.
    To top it off this school just went to 4 day weeks....
    So now these kids that are already confused as hell are having to get it shoved down their throat that much faster!
    Just finished homework had to get this off my chest!
    The fuck are these morons doing!!!!???
    Last edited by Obs; 10-05-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Sh0tsf1red is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    They only do this to break up the family unit, part of the overall plan to destroy conservative family values

With common core, you can't help your kids with homework anymore. Only the teachers/state can help them now. They are trying to take more authority away from the parent.

Same reason why they are pushing to allow schools to give our birth control without parents consent

Stay informed, that's half the battle
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post
    They only do this to break up the family unit, part of the overall plan to destroy conservative family values

With common core, you can't help your kids with homework anymore. Only the teachers/state can help them now. They are trying to take more authority away from the parent.

Same reason why they are pushing to allow schools to give our birth control without parents consent

Don't know wtf this new shit is but its absolutely the most ass backwards wau of teaching I have ever seen. I have spoken with two teachers on this and they are as pissed off as the parents. This kids are getting their brains scrambled every day at school. Everything the teachers do is to meet state standards which would be fine if the cirriculum wasn't entirely out of order. Third grade is working on multiplication without the 1-12 standard multiplication table memorization. Exactly when did kids evolve past needing multiplication tables to memorize the basics?
    I would like to beat the piss out of everyone who allowed this disgrace into school.

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sh0tsf1red View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    Don't know wtf this new shit is but its absolutely the most ass backwards wau of teaching I have ever seen. I have spoken with two teachers on this and they are as pissed off as the parents. This kids are getting their brains scrambled every day at school. Everything the teachers do is to meet state standards which would be fine if the cirriculum wasn't entirely out of order. Third grade is working on multiplication without the 1-12 standard multiplication table memorization. Exactly when did kids evolve past needing multiplication tables to memorize the basics?
    I would like to beat the piss out of everyone who allowed this disgrace into school.
    Until very recently I was an adjunct lecturer at University. I have done this since 2005 I believe. Anyway in the last 4 years especially, the quality of students has gone down markedly. Granted I was not teaching at a top end school but A&P, physiology and biology are the same at every school. Kids literally had middle school academic sophistication. Very basic scholastic elements were not in their skill sets. And I don’t mean lack of STEM skill sets, I’m talking about basic reading and writing skills. I find it baffling that these kids were in college when I’m confident that they should have never made it to highschool. And god forbid you “give” a kid a bad grade. It got to the point that if they didn’t physically drop the class, I passed them. Because if I didn’t, the schools admin would be up my ass about it and make my life hell. The kids knew this, they would bypass me and ask my admin if they could get an extension, get extra credit or I loved this, a “redo.”

I’m sure I have wrote on here about this a time or two over the years. The thing is I really enjoyed teaching and letting kids know and explore the many amazing things in our natural world. Nothing is more rewarding than when you see the light turn on in a kids mind. But there is hope, the good students and mid level performing students don’t change. But the fair to poor performing students do very poorly. It’s almost like a cliff effect. Once a student was performing below a B level grade work. They were performing very badly to the point where there was almost no C level students they were all F’s.
    Obs and Sh0tsf1red like this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Thread Information