Thread: Need HELP!

trimunex is offline Senior Member

Need HELP!

I'm looking for a good gym in San Francisco .. anyone in the area?? I prefer a gym that is not too mainstream. The more hardcore, the better. Everything I've seen since I moved here is nothing but cardio equip and machines. Where the hell are all the free weights? Any help would be appreciated!

Bump .. hopefully someone lives in San Fran.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I'm sorry but I live quite a few miles from SanFran bro. But my question to you is.......What exactly are you looking for in a gym? If you're interested in any of the BIG 3's (Gold's, World, Powerhouse), I would suggest checking out their websites to locate a gym near you.

Otherwise, I can suggest Crunch Fitness or Bally's. They're pretty good. I've personally worked out at a Crunch Fitness and it was da bomb. I'm sure they have a gym locator on their website as well.

Good Luck!!
    Last edited by TheChosen1; 07-13-2003 at 02:11 PM.

thanks for the reply Bro. Actually, I'm just looking for one of those "hole in the wall, nothing but free weights" type of gyms. One that is not too crowded or mainstream, but it looks like my best choice right now is Crunch. Oh well, maybe I'll stumble across something.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trimunex
    thanks for the reply Bro. Actually, I'm just looking for one of those "hole in the wall, nothing but free weights" type of gyms. One that is not too crowded or mainstream, but it looks like my best choice right now is Crunch. Oh well, maybe I'll stumble across something.

Hole in the wall, huh?
    Bummer. I got just the thing for you but it's over here in Burbank. There's a Los Angeles Lifting Club (www.laliftingclub.com) about a mile or so up the block from me. I am considering ending my lifetime membership at World Gym for a membership there because they deal mainly with powerlifting. The place is no bigger than a drug store and the workout area is as big as a 2 car garage (LOL). But it's an awesome place.

one more bump in case someone can help out!!

Thread Information