sin
    sin is offline Senior Member

getting married ahhhhhhh!!!

so i proposed to my girlfriend, thats alright, because she rocks. the problem is i dont know what to do about all of the family problems that will arise from all of the people at the wedding. i think there would be pretty big conflicts between my moms side, dads side, step dad, girlfriends family, etc.
    so here is my question. has anyone ever gone away for their wedding? does going to say, hawaii to get married and not letting anyone come sound like a good idea? just trying to get some input.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    another good brother gone down

congrats bro!!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    You live in NV right ?? Just go to Vegas and get hitched there if you're worried about all the problems arising.

Or have a small wedding - parents and a few freinds only - at an outside location with some red mountains in the background ??

symatech is offline Retired Moderator
    naw dont go to vegas, if you want to go away Hawaii sounds much better.

sin
    i thought about vegas. i want to get married by elvis. think my girl would go for it? hawaii does sound pretty good though.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    Weldone, and best wishes for the future. I got married at 21 yrs old, I'm 37 and still going strong. Of course I've been with my partner since I was 16, she was 15.

Now we had the same problems with family members, her's a fucking scumbags, lol, mine are perfect

I went to Cyprus and done the dirty deed and it was the best decision ever. Whatever route you choose take my bleesing with you both.

broncojosh is offline Senior Member
    Just remember that ultimately it is between yourself and your bride to be. Don't let family ruin, or even worry you guys. They'll act like it's all about them, but it's your day, and your lives. Do what makes you happy bro...if that's the two of you in hawaii, then wear lots of sun block. Congrats

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    sin, congrats bro! I just got married (2nd time that is, but this time I think I did it right) on the 4th. My 1st was in Vegas, and well it's not a good omen to get married there, just my .02. And if your families can't realize that your wedding day is for YOU AND YOUR GIRL, then goto an island and to hell with them!

SID!

ichiban is offline Female Member
    First let me say congrats. to you both!

I will make this simple....forget about the families if they can't be happy and get along. Going away to get married is a great idea: not near as much planning, MUCH less stressful, you can make it big or small, casual or formal, and you and your bride will have an amazing time in a beautiful place. Remember that getting married is a party!! You are celebrating, not trying to make families get along.

I strongly suggest looking into getting married in Costa Rica. It is awesome. Friends of mine got married there this year. She said it was the BEST decision she made. Not only is it absolutely breath-taking, but it costs about half as much as doing a wedding in Hawaii, and it is not ruiened by all the tourism. Costa Rica has the ocean, jungle, and mountains all in one. Checkout this link and click on jessica and garth. Heck, checkout all the couple's photos. Good luck!!!
    http://www.weddings.co.cr/albums/lifetime2.html

sin
    thanks everyone.
    ichi; that looks pretty cool, thanks for the tip, im gonna look into it.

RON
    RON is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats bro.

Looks to me like eloping is the only way to go for you bro. I had a big wedding. Had bout 300 guests. Spend a shit load of money. What a waist. Even my wife said she wished we would have had a small wedding and saved all that money. Hawaii would be a good bet. You can have a vacation and get married at the same time.

Vegas has a drive thru chapel. You can get married and not even get out of the car

Jdawg50 is offline Anabolic Member
    Congrats bro
    WEll i'm in the same boat.
    In fact today I helped work on the whole address/ Save the date thing... because "I'm good at that kind of stuff"
    First of all, you are going to be asked about shit you never thought existed. She is gonna drive you crazy with flowers, cakes, dresses, bridesmaid dresses, rings....on and on and on bhaladad'lfha;ldihq';hj

OK, so my adivice is this. Take your ass to Hawii and just do it. Then have a party back in your home town.
    I am doing the big wedding thing and its going to be fun.... but its also a nightmare.
    Good luck bro

sin
    Quote Originally Posted by RON
    Congrats bro.

Vegas has a drive thru chapel. You can get married and not even get out of the car

drive thru, thats great. it will save time, money, and stress. i cant see any down side. ill see what my girl says.

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Well congrats on the occasion. I can tell ya my family and the wife's family do not get along at all. All me and the wife did was to go to everyone and tell them point blank that if they can't show up, act like adults and get through the ceremony and reception with no bickering and fighting than they didn't need to bother showing up. Thank god they behaved and through the years they are now able to politely sit and talk to each other whne the occasion arises. Best of luck to ya!

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Congrats bro!

Family problems always are the issue...the quick method to solve the problem is to have the wedding somewhere else. May I suggest Kananaskis Alberta...about 40 minutes outside of Calgary.
    My bro just got married there...a true spectical! Wasn't too expensive either.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails getting married ahhhhhhh!!!-kc_village.jpg  

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    i wanna get married!...=(

hehe, grats...family is important to me. if my mom didn't like my bride to be or her family, yes i think it would definantly influence me. thats just me though...=)

-- clocky baby

homeboy is offline New Member
    congrat's bro i am getting married in the dominican this coming jan 21/04 it is the way to go bro don't have to worry about shit. they take care of everything.do what makes you happy .

Thread Information