AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Talking Bench press contest

Whats up guys, just thought i'd share my good/bad experience with my first bench contest.

First of all, there was only 12 guys and 1 chick so there was nobody in my division which kinda blows. I paid $45 for a trophy pretty much. I got to see some good lifters though and learned a lot. My max went up from 300 sloppy to 325 with strict form... I don't know what it is about a moment like that but it was definately easier to lift a lot heavier at a meet than in my own gym any day. I think i'm gonna invest in a bench shirt, which might get me up to 350. Then I could lose 6 lbs. and be in the 181 class and have a good shot at future larger meets... whaddya guys think?

Overall, it was a positive experience and I got a new max and a trophy so I'm satisfied.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    whaddya guys think?

Overall, it was a positive experience and I got a new max and a trophy so I'm satisfied.
    You summed it up yourself bro!!

Good work! I like hearing about PB's/success stories! The positivity of them sort of inspires me...I hate being around negativity...it's exhausting and unproductive.

Keep us updated on other comps!

Thread Information