OverDrive is offline Associate Member

I just watched the best movie!!!!!!!!

BASIC ... damn that was a great movie!!! Action packed and a different twist every 10 mintues. A movie that you really have to pay attention to keep up!!! And the end was the best part!

John Travolta
    Samuel L. Jackson

Gotta see it!!!

redrock is offline Member
    I watched it last night. It was a little hard to follow, but the ending blew me away. I never saw the end coming. Two thumbs up! REDROCK

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Never heard of it. Who is in it?

I saw old school last night. I don't think I have laughed that hard in a long time. My rib cage is sore today from laughing!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I def. want to see BAsic, I almost forgot about it. IS it out on DVD yet?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Yes it is Big T, it was released last week.

I agree with you Overdrive, it was a good movie. I love movies that have multi plot twists. Amazing how John went from a sweat hog to big screen actor. Not to mention bringing a dead end career to what it is today. I've liked most of the movies he's been in, for the most part.

ichiban is offline Female Member
    Ok, I am stupid....I did not see that you had posted the actors untill after I posted my questiion.

So, is it like another pulp fiction?

sp9
    sp9 is offline MMA Competition Sentinel
    Saw it in the theater months ago, been telling everyone I know to go see it.

I think it was way underated and unseen.

OverDrive is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scottp999
    Saw it in the theater months ago, been telling everyone I know to go see it.

I think it was way underated and unseen.

No Ichiban .. its a military movie and action packed but not with blow em up violence ... more of an investigative "who done it" type of plot. And just when you think you've got it figured out ... you don't. You won't even have a clue 'who did it' until the very end.

I actually put the DVD on while I was trying to catch up on some work ... 5 minutes into the movie I couldn't take my eyes off the TV!!

I never even heard of the movie until the past few weeks from the DVD release. I can't believe it wasnt a big hit on the big screen

FRANK WHITE is offline Senior Member

great movie

I was in the same boat. I just saw "Basic" last week and it blew me away to. With all the quality actors, Travolta, Samuel L. Jackson, Connie Nielson, etc. in the movie, plus a great mystery type plot, I don't understand why it wasn't a bigger hit. I really don't understand why I never even heard of it. The studio's must not have publicized it much for some reason. So many twists and turns and the ending does blow you away. Go see it.

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I never heard of it before now. It looks to me that it may not have expected to be so popular so the media never advertised it as well as they did all of the crappy sequel movies that's out now. Working with public transit, I usually see advertisements on the buses before the movies are advertised in the media. And I never saw anything about BASIC on any of the buses.

But that goes to show you how dumb the producers think. Drew Barrymore, Lucy Lui, and Demi Moore were on just about every talk show (except Howard Stern, thank God) trying to push "CHARLIE'S ANGELS 2" on us and it sank at the box office. I can bet you that it'll be on video and cable before December of this year.

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Samuel L Jackson is the beest. "English muthafucka! Do you speak it?!". . Pulp fiction.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Im the only one that didnt like it? Plot was to obvius.

Thread Information