Valmont is offline Banned

Great movie tip!!!

Go rent EQUILIBRIUM...

It kicked ass. The first 1/2 hour movied slow as heck...but then it totally rocked. Blew away Matrix...I especially liked it because it showed Bale on the complete other end of the spectrum from American Psysho

After a bunch of suck dik movies like They, Wrong Turn and the complete waste of time(28 days)... it was very refreshing.

B+

V
    Last edited by Valmont; 06-30-2003 at 07:58 AM.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    Go rent EQUILIBRIUM...

It kicked ass. The first 1/2 hour movied slow as heck...but then it totally rocked. Blew away Matrix...I especially liked it because it showed Bale on the complete other end of the spectrum from American Psysho

After a bunch of suck dik movies like They, Wrong Turn and the complete waste of time(28 days)... it was very refreshing.

B+

V
    ill check it out this evening.

redrock is offline Member
    but Christian Bale's last movie was such a success, "Reign of Fire." Who didn't see that movie?

In all seriousness, Equilibrium is great. I just downloaded it off of kazaa.

ColdSore is offline Banned
    Another good one is "TEARS OF THE SUN" with bruce willis in it...it like an marine flick, it was bad ass though...i give it an A+

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    Equilibrum is AWSOME!!

I freaking loved the action scenes. Im usualy just sic and tired of the matrix kind of action shit. But this was SO good!!!

Another good movie is Dog Soliders btw. If you like werewolf flicks this one is good!!

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    yeah, i'm a big equlibrium fan also. i actually like the story and the world they live in. i loved the book "a brave new world" and it reminds me of it. equlibrium is kinda slow, and i wished there was more action, but i love christian bale, the action was awesome and well done, and the emotion in the movie is really good. i give it an A.

i don't think it should be compared to the matrix at all, except for the fact that they dress in black in it...=P

-- clocky baby

Freeeky is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by johan
    Another good movie is Dog Soliders btw. If you like werewolf flicks this one is good!!
    I shit my panths watching that movie... seriously that was some scary ass shit

Terinox is offline The One & Only
    Well this movie is really sounding good, but could someone tell me wut kind of movie it is? Is it like a horror/scary movie? I can't stand those. If it's just an action movie, I'll download it asap.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    shoot i need a good movie to watch with my girl or my new prospect! i watched "happy campers" with her stupid assed movie made her all horny so i cant argue with that though

Quote Originally Posted by Terinox
    Well this movie is really sounding good, but could someone tell me wut kind of movie it is? Is it like a horror/scary movie? I can't stand those. If it's just an action movie, I'll download it asap.
    post apocalyptic, futury action flick...with lots of dramtic moments. makes you think about the meaning of life...

-- clocky baby

How can anyone hate horror I mean hell I cant watch horror movies alone , but still good horror movies are fucking a . I love to be scared.

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    Ok i just D/L equlibrium from kazaa. I'll watch it tonight and see what's up.

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE FUCKEN BUMP!!!

My GAAAWD, I downloaded this movie, and just finished watching it, and WOWWWWWWWWW!!! Whyyyyyyyyyy the fuck wasn't this movie in the theatres?!? And if it was, I sure as hell didn't hear of it! This movie does NOT seem to have the credit it deserves. I mean it was REALLY good, it was a combination of 1984 and The Matrix! I read the book long time ago, and it was really close to it, but still, they did a great job not to make it identical, and not insult 1984 as a classic book.

EVERYONE who likes action and saw the Matrix, or any other gun shootin movie, will LOVE this one!!!

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    Strange this topic came up, I just rented it... overall it wasn't bad, but I don't know if I can recommend it.

It's stylish, yes, and I also like the "martial gunfighting" style, but unfortunately the story bothered me. To subvert a society by repressing emotion... that's ludicrous. How can you have and raise children without emotion? There's no punishment at ALL except for death? How then do you teach children? Can't do it with threats or spanking, that causes emotion. Even if there was a drug that suppressed all emotion, there's still way too many loopholes for a society like that to exist. it was unfortunately this facet of this that caused me to not appreciate the movie like I could've =/
    Action and style is good, but I like to have something to think about as well...

...I also know exactly what someone will say in response to this, and my answer will be long, so I won't go into it now

Quote Originally Posted by SneakerSeven
    Strange this topic came up, I just rented it... overall it wasn't bad, but I don't know if I can recommend it.

It's stylish, yes, and I also like the "martial gunfighting" style, but unfortunately the story bothered me. To subvert a society by repressing emotion... that's ludicrous. How can you have and raise children without emotion? There's no punishment at ALL except for death? How then do you teach children? Can't do it with threats or spanking, that causes emotion. Even if there was a drug that suppressed all emotion, there's still way too many loopholes for a society like that to exist. it was unfortunately this facet of this that caused me to not appreciate the movie like I could've =/
    Action and style is good, but I like to have something to think about as well...

...I also know exactly what someone will say in response to this, and my answer will be long, so I won't go into it now
    Me and my buddy discusse that while watching it. Without emotions then what would stop people from just sitting down and observing the floor all day? There would be NO motivation to do anything at all. No one would work and no one would obey orders. The only punishment(death) would be pointless because without fear no one would care if they die or not. But maby the will to live would still work and that would make the whole movie more real
    Anyway I would still love to se a Equilibrium 2!! But I guess that is unlikely when it seems that this movie wasnt at all popular It SHOULD have been one of the big movies of 2002!!! It deserved alot of credit!!

there is emotion...the drug does not get rid of all of it. its just suppresses the extreme ranges of emotions...the rage of muderers, the depression of suicidal heartbroken fools, jealousy, etc. its a movie also, you gotta suspend a little believability. i mean, wasn't it plainly obvious that taye diggs was feeling intense emotions even though he was suppose to be dosing?

the movie is just about a repressed, controlled society...and one man breaking thru...with bad ass action scenes...=)

-- cb

p.s. i want yall to start calling me the tetra grammaton cleric

Quote Originally Posted by johan

thanks for the tip. Dog soliders was great. It was funny and intense at times.

One of my favorite parts was when the marine guy was fighting the werewolf in the kitchen and kicked on its tooth out. It was awesome.

Any more tips?

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Dog soliders sucked ass! What kind of taste do you guy´s have!? So bad costumes.
    I saw Equilibrum the other night, it was ok but not breath takening. Bane is a great actor.
    Looking forward to see Ken Park, i heard it´s good.

I don't get why no one has mentioned that this movie IS the book 1984 just in the year 2000. It was based on the book, even the girls name being O'Brian was a clear link to the book. If you've read the book, then you get the movie. It doesn't have to make a whole lotta sense, I mean fuck you can take every movie in the world and ANALYSE it and come up with problems. Personally I think a movie like this is made to make people see, to understand and see what things they take for granted, etc...

And YOU ALL know exactly wut i'm talking about! It was a kick ass movie.

Hoggage_54 is offline Suspended or Banned either way gone!
    i havent even heard of any of these movies.. i think ill go rent equilibrium tomorrow, sounds pretty good.

I don't get why no one has mentioned that this movie IS the book 1984 just in the year 2000. It was based on the book, even the girls name being O'Brian was a clear link to the book. If you've read the book, then you get the movie. It doesn't have to make a whole lotta sense, I mean fuck you can take every movie in the world and ANALYSE it and come up with problems. Personally I think a movie like this is made to make people see, to understand and see what things they take for granted, etc...

And YOU ALL know exactly wut i'm talking about! It was a kick ass movie.
    I agree. Totalitarianism is a subject of alot of movies these days. If you can read by a few of the negative responses from above the subject is a bit above some of their heads.

Matrix and Majority report were variations on the same theme.

ripped4fsu is offline Anabolic Member
    thanks for the tip, I'll check it out this week...

LOL you think your deeper or smarter then me just cause i dont like the movie?
    I know what the shit is about that dosnt mean it was a good movie. So all you deep brothers can shove it. Stop thinking your better then others.

Quote Originally Posted by palme
    LOL you think your deeper or smarter then me just cause i dont like the movie?
    I know what the shit is about that dosnt mean it was a good movie. So all you deep brothers can shove it. Stop thinking your better then others.
    No, I don't think that I am better than you. I know it. And no-it is not because of your lack of debating skills-it is simply because I don't judge others as having bad taste just because their preferences differ from my own.

Moreover, if you would like to measure innate value it could easily be measured by the fact that your opinion is actually in the minority.

But never the less..congrats on making a splash.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Valmont
    No, I don't think that I am better than you. I know it. And no-it is not because of your lack of debating skills-it is simply because I don't judge others as having bad taste just because their preferences differ from my own.

Moreover, if you would like to measure innate value it could easily be measured by the fact that your opinion is actually in the minority.

But never the less..congrats on making a splash.

Peace
    True the minority is always wrong...

As for my debating skills, this isnt a topic that really mathers to me.
    I just think your acting like a ignorant fuck that looks down on people you dont know. It´s good to know were i have you, on my shit list.

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    Save your money guys...I just finished watching it...wasn't as good as everyone said. The first hour and half were boring. The last 15 minutes of fighting was awesome.

People here are talking about the meaning...there is no deep mind bending philosophical thought provoking base. It was an attempt at a mish-mash of 1984 and The Matrix but all it was...was an action movie with a poorly written story behind it. Half science fiction and half action...it is not a true philosophical movie. The movie isn't able to draw you into a psychological aspect...it's not new, powerful, or creative...it just wasn't a solid story. The movie tries to pose philosophical issues but they were too problematic to be taken seriously...and the action scenes were too few and far between to keep me interested during the slower parts (which there was a lot of).

There were some cool choreographed fight scenes as well some amazing futuristic set designs/computer graphics.

Plain and simple the action parts was its meat and potatoes. I think it was a quick to video movie for a reason...the movie really slumped.

2/5

BIG R is offline Member
    Palme.....Valmont!! Both of you two BE NICE!! Its just a movie screw it. Nothing to get all of our panties stuck in a bunch. opinion is opinion nothing more. I have the wierdest of the wall opinion sometimes. People just laugh and move on with it.

Palme is that your dog? I have a new English PT BULL terrier that has the same color and white marks on her chest named Matty (aka Matilda) the resemblance is scary.

R

Iron horse is offline Anabolic Member
    lol, you guys are messed.. maybe I'll rent it sometime...

SneakerSeven is offline Junior Member
    MoneyBoss, wasn't that what I just said?

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    MoneyBoss, wasn't that what I just said?
    You wish!

Thread Information