AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Question Why did YOU start lifting?

Hey I thought I'd make a post and see the reason everyone started lifting. Too scrawny, too fat, girls, sports, bodybuilding, etc...

For me, the reason I started was cuz I was tired of being a scrawny shit and I wanted to get some muscle so I could actually beat some ass if it ever came down to that. I also wanted to fill up a T-shirt a little better, it sucks when the sleeves are all loose and shit. Things have gotten a lot better. People I haven't seen in a long time about shit their pants when they see me now.

I was a lazy fat flabby fuck

Now I'm just a lazy fuck :LOL:

Red

xtremesport14 is offline Associate Member
    I started because I played Baseball and needed to gain strength,size,and stamina.

redrock is offline Member
    Because there was a personal trainer in my gym who was a Marine Drill Instructor. He was 6 foot, 270lbs, maybe 10-12% bodyfat. He told me I was a fat ass and said he would give me a discount. I was in 7th grade, so I took him up on the offer.

Plus he told me I could get as big as him with years of training and good nutrition(and years of cycling). REDROCK

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by redrock

Plus he told me I could get as big as him with years of training and good nutrition(and years of cycling). REDROCK
    Well, was he being honest?

redrock is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigGreen
    Well, was he being honest?
    Actually he wasn't. I can understand telling a 13 year old kid that he didn't use sterioids and that they were bad. But I was 18, still training with him, even did a contest under his guidance and he still denied it to me. Even though everyone in the gym knew he was cycling. One look at the guy and anyone who has any bodybuilding knowledge would be able to see he was on gear.

It would have been cool if he would have been more honest later. I didn't expect him to try and give me cycle advice, just level with me. Cuz he kept telling me I could get as big as he was naturally. REDROCK

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Because I get ALMOST any girl I want when my shirt is on. That wasnt good enough. NOW I get ANY girl I want when my shirt is off.

Needtobeswoledup is offline Associate Member
    I was a little 120lb pussy..... still trying to loose that image...

Money Boss Hustla is offline Retired Moderator
    I started lifting for the obvious.........pussy.

palme is offline Rosie Member
    Started what? I just pop the dbol and relax, working out is for suckers!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    redrock, ya ever think that guy might have lost his job if he started to admit he used AS. I have a buddy that has to deny using for the same reason, he's the manager of a local gym and if it became known that he admitted to using, he'd be outta of a job quicker than anything.

I started lifting mainly because I liked the challenge and the idea that you can sculpt your body through food manipulation and weight training. Besides that, it's all on my shoulders if I succeed or fail, the blame or glory can't be passed on to anyone else, it's just me against the iron.

Kärnfysikern is offline Retired: AR-Hall of Famer
    I wanted to get stronger for wrestling and then slowely realised I love bodybuilding more then wrestling. Finaly I quit wrestling and focused on lifting 100%.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    why i >started<...
    1) revenge on an ex gf
    2) tired of being skinny
    3) like money boss said..."pussy"

why i am still doing it...
    1) i love the lifestyle
    2) i feel good about myself
    3) i feel heathy and powerful
    4) i feel different (better) than the average person. like superior because i am doing things the average person cannot do (commit to a long term diet, workout consistently).
    5) i simply want to see how far i can go

-- clocky baby

ripsid is offline Senior Member
    I don't really lift, I just come here to hang with all these wonderful guys and talk about Jarts!

Seriously, I've been lifting since 5th grade and have had times where I didn't lift, but I was pushed into it as a 5th grader becasue my dad wanted me to be an all state wrestler. Then I did it so I could get ready to go to BUDS, and strengthen me for surfing. I've really started to get the bug to try to build a body that I could try and compete. Not to mention I don't want to be ordinary! I see guys like Jay, Lee, and Ronnie and say that's what I want! I'm 5-10ish, 175 right now and dammit if I'm not going to get there! I am a pretty aggro person and need to do this, not to mention I just love killing it and pumping iron and getting in MY ZONE!

SID!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ripsid
    I don't really lift, I just come here to hang with all these wonderful guys and talk about Jarts!

Seriously, I've been lifting since 5th grade and have had times where I didn't lift, but I was pushed into it as a 5th grader becasue my dad wanted me to be an all state wrestler. Then I did it so I could get ready to go to BUDS, and strengthen me for surfing. I've really started to get the bug to try to build a body that I could try and compete. Not to mention I don't want to be ordinary! I see guys like Jay, Lee, and Ronnie and say that's what I want! I'm 5-10ish, 175 right now and dammit if I'm not going to get there! I am a pretty aggro person and need to do this, not to mention I just love killing it and pumping iron and getting in MY ZONE!

SID!
    Well quit your damn yapping and step up to the plate and get to it!!!!!!

The Butcher is offline Member
    When I was a kid (maybe 7 or 8) I saw an ad in the back of "Boys Life" magazine of some huge ripped up dude (probably arnold, but I didn't know who it was back then) and it said that if you sent in $0.25 they would send you the secrets to getting big like that. I can't remember if they ever sent it to me, but that is the first time I remember wanting to look like a bodybuilder. Several years, and bowls of ice cream and cookies later, I looked nothing like that guy. By my Junior year of high school I was tired of being fat, and wanted to look like this guy who (I thought at the time) looked like Arnold. I remember thinking he was just fucking huge (this was high school mind you, so I hadn't really been around too many huge dudes), and I wanted to look like that. 12 years later I'm way bigger than that guy ever was. Makes you feel good to do something like that.

But, the bottom line is that I did it b/c it meant I would get alot of pussy. And I have.

big daddy k de is offline Senior Member
    I started liffting for spots then i found out that my grandfather was a old school big bodybuilder. So i caied on the liffting and have taken it to a whole new level. I do it now jst to be big, Get pussey, Beat assholes up, and i like the pump

Quote Originally Posted by BIG TEXAN
    Well quit your damn yapping and step up to the plate and get to it!!!!!!
    Did I also say that come here to kicked in the ass by my bro's to get going!!!????

SID

TheChosen1 is offline Member
    I was a 23 yr. old sloppy, floppy puke and wanted to get into shape. One Saturday, I was watching wrestling (Mid-South) and noticed that one of my favorite wrestlers (Hacksaw Butch Reed) was wearing a Gold's Gym t-shirt so I figured I'll join them.

A little over a month later, I lost weight, got in shape, and noticed something that I never saw before........my arms, pecs, and delts were getting bigger. And I've been pumping iron ever since. 18 years now.

Tank21 is offline Associate Member
    I was a pussy with a jon denver haircut. Forced me into lifting.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i have an older brother who you used to kick the shit out of me almost every day. and the days he skipped he made up for by beating me up twice the next day. i broke my ribs three times. have a permanent knot on my head. he even broke my thumb back one time. so i took up wrestling(IOWA/Dan Gable) and learned i could kick anyones ass that was my size. i was even good enough to win state one year. but my brother still kicked my ass. i took up boxing. that taught me how to throw a good punch. but with my puny stature it only made him madder when i hit him. so finally i get bigger then him. i'm eighteen by this time. so needless to say last time i saw him i went to jail for assualt w/harm. i kicked the shit out of him in front of his girlfriend. half of his face was black and blue and his eye was completely swollen shut. for the entire duration of his visit. all his friends saw him and laughed. i guess i started lifting because i hate my brother.

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    i have an older brother who you used to kick the shit out of me almost every day. and the days he skipped he made up for by beating me up twice the next day. i broke my ribs three times. have a permanent knot on my head. he even broke my thumb back one time. so i took up wrestling(IOWA/Dan Gable) and learned i could kick anyones ass that was my size. i was even good enough to win state one year. but my brother still kicked my ass. i took up boxing. that taught me how to throw a good punch. but with my puny stature it only made him madder when i hit him. so finally i get bigger then him. i'm eighteen by this time. so needless to say last time i saw him i went to jail for assualt w/harm. i kicked the shit out of him in front of his girlfriend. half of his face was black and blue and his eye was completely swollen shut. for the entire duration of his visit. all his friends saw him and laughed. i guess i started lifting because i hate my brother.
    holy shit, i didn't think that kinda stuff happened in real life...that blows. why's your brother such an asshole? anyways, more power to ya now...

-- cb

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    i don't know why he's an asshole. but I definetely like to stick up for little guys because of him. you could say i'm a better person for what he did to me. other then the fact that he made me mean and defensive.

anadrol devourer, bro that's a heart warming story! j/k! I know how you feel, my dad is 5-5 and I'm like 5-9/10ish, my father pulled me aside when I was just a kid like 8 or so and told me "Son, look you're going to be smaller than everyone else and there's going to be guys wanting to just kick your ass because of your size. I NEVER want to see you come home crying because of some jerk. So I'm going to teach you what to do." The first time I used one of his moves I destroyed a guy with my elbo! His nose was ear to ear! and he had the balls to ask me why. He was up in my face and talking smack when I grab him by the back of his head and lead with my elbo and well...if it rains he may drown because I turned his nose upside down! He had me wrestling from 3rd grade and I trained with seals and been doing BJJ. So, I'm 33 now and still making sure that I WILL win!

SID!

Beefbucket is offline Junior Member
    I started lifting to try and cut weight. I went to college for football to start, but decided that my studies and grades were better. Read the book "Body for Life" and I have been addicted since.

Thread Information